PDA

View Full Version : I Found It!!!

moosmom
03-08-2007, 06:28 PM
Since I got my brother's laptop, I've had it on the top of a paperbox. It's okay, but the static from the comforter causes the mouse to do funny things. I had been looking everywhere for a lap desk. It's a beanie pillow with a "desk" side to it. BB&B sold them as part of a back to school special, so we're out of them. I DID find something even better, though. It's an oak breakfast tray. One of the other 3B co-workers bought one, and that's when it hit me. THAT would work even better. Cheap too. $9.99 minus 20% is $8.57. I love it! Now I can take down that table that holds the old useless computer. It'll give me some room.

Edwina's Secretary
03-08-2007, 06:38 PM
Laptops release heat through the bottom and the sides. If you operate one too long on a soft cloth surface (even a table cloth!) it can cause your laptop to overheat. Not a good thing.

The oak tray is a MUCH better solution than a beanie top for the life of your computer!

Freedom
03-08-2007, 08:09 PM
That's right. We just had an apartment fire in this city recently, and it started from a laptop left on the bed!

Glad you found something, Donna!

moosmom
03-09-2007, 09:16 AM
Wow! I didn't know that! Thanks guys!