PDA

View Full Version : Would You Take The Sky Walk Tour?

lizbud
03-08-2007, 04:47 PM
This place has been getting a lot of press coverage lately. It looks
totally awesome but I wouldn't do it for love or money. :) Would you?

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/Global/story.asp?s=3652863

critter crazy
03-08-2007, 04:48 PM
I would definitely Do that!! that looks so cool!!:eek:

DrKym
03-08-2007, 04:51 PM
NOPE!!

Good heavens I have issues looking down from the top of the stairwell!
I would never be able to do that. :eek:

Great pics though!

I_luv_rusty
03-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Nope... I saw that a little while ago in the newspaper. You never known what could happen, I mean its hanging over like a huge drop. Could you imagine if that broke?! :eek:

Karen
03-08-2007, 05:01 PM
I would, after a little initial trepidation! There's a glass potion of the floor where you can see straight to the ground in Toronto's CN Tower, and it was funny how many people skirted way around it! I read the thing about how many bison it could support, and figured, "okay! I can do this" and did!

Blue_Frog
03-08-2007, 05:09 PM
I'd definately do it!

I would, after a little initial trepidation! There's a glass potion of the floor where you can see straight to the ground in Toronto's CN Tower, and it was funny how many people skirted way around it! I read the thing about how many bison it could support, and figured, "okay! I can do this" and did!
The best part about the glass floor at the CN tower is waiting until theres about 20 tourists on it, and then standing beside them and jumping up and down to see them look really really worried.
*frequents the CN tower whenever I have guests from out of the area over

applesmom
03-08-2007, 05:12 PM
It's all up and ready to go! The grand opening is next week and the cost is $25.00 per person for the tour!

It's going to take a very long time to get a return on the initial investment of 40 million dollars!

No I have no interest in it, but it will probably be filled with tourists from other countries from opening day on.

They claim: "The skywalk will be capable of supporting the weight of 72 fully-loaded 747 jetliners." :eek:

lizbud
03-08-2007, 05:18 PM
I'd definately do it!

The best part about the glass floor at the CN tower is waiting until theres about 20 tourists on it, and then standing beside them and jumping up and down to see them look really really worried.

You are evil. :D

gemini9961
03-08-2007, 05:23 PM
My initial response is no way, but maybe after I got there and checked it out I might. I think I am becoming more afraid of heights as I get older. :o

DrKym
03-08-2007, 05:25 PM
I'd definately do it!

Yeah about my visit this summer......I think I am suddenly busy hun!! :eek:

sparks19
03-08-2007, 05:44 PM
Nevermind going on it.... how would you like to be the person that had to build it.

Kfamr
03-08-2007, 05:53 PM
I think it would be absolutely thrilling. I would LOVE to. I am so excited to visit the Grand Canyon for the first time in May. Where exactly is this located?

All I can think of is the pictures I would get. :D

applesmom
03-08-2007, 06:02 PM
I think it would be absolutely thrilling. I would LOVE to. I am so excited to visit the Grand Canyon for the first time in May. Where exactly is this located?

All I can think of is the pictures I would get. :D

It's on the West rim of the Grand Canyon.

Grand Canyon Skywalk (http://www.kpho.com/news/11193869/detail.html)

Kfamr
03-08-2007, 06:27 PM
Man, I think we will be more on the Southeast side of it. Maybe we can make a trip, though. I don't think my dad would be as thrilled as I would be, though. And we'll have the dogs, I'd NEVER take them on there, if it's even allowed. :eek:

sweetpatata6
03-08-2007, 06:45 PM
I donno. I guess i would do it, but I would be holding my breath the whole time lol!!!

chocolatepuppy
03-08-2007, 07:14 PM
No way! :eek: Fear of heights here. ;)

kuhio98
03-08-2007, 08:15 PM
Nope! Not gonna do it.

kimlovescats
03-08-2007, 09:02 PM
Are you kidding? I am hugging the ground just looking at the pictures!!!! :eek: I have the worst fear of heights of anyone in the world I think. I get nervous coming down the stairs in my own house! :p

cali
03-08-2007, 09:14 PM
what are ya nuts? I get nervous riding my bike over a foot bridge!

wolf_Q
03-08-2007, 09:22 PM
Yeah I would do that, it looks really neat. Though actually I am rather afraid of heights too, but only if I feel like there's a real chance of falling.

dukedogsmom
03-08-2007, 09:32 PM
No way! I'm scared of heights and I think this would terrify me.

Kfamr
03-08-2007, 10:15 PM
Yeah I would do that, it looks really neat. Though actually I am rather afraid of heights too, but only if I feel like there's a real chance of falling.

I'm sure we could get my dad to take us there. :p Sucks though, it's $74.95 per person according to the website. I may be reading it wrong, though.

wolf_Q
03-08-2007, 10:22 PM
Yeah that's what my mom said it cost...then I noticed someone else in this thread said it costs $25 so I deleted that from my post. I don't think I'd really want to pay $75 for it. :o

Kfamr
03-08-2007, 10:24 PM
It says something about on their website about adding the Skywalk to your tour for an extra $25, but all of the tours are $30+

wolf_Q
03-08-2007, 10:27 PM
What exactly does a "tour" consist of? I read somewhere (Dog Fancy?) that dogs are allowed on a certain rim of the Grand Canyon, but I can't remember which one. I haven't been there in years I don't even know how many "rims" there are. :o *Edit just read some info from www.thecanyon.com they are allowed on all rim trails, just not below the rim trails, and the south rim is more recommended for people with dogs.

Kfamr
03-08-2007, 10:33 PM
There are a bunch of different tour options here:
http://www.destinationgrandcanyon.com/indexe.html

I read on:
http://www.grandcanyonskywalk.com/

That the price is $25 in addition to any of the Grand Canyon West packages.

Access to The Skywalk will run from dawn to dusk and will cost $25 per person in addition to the cost of a Grand Canyon West entrance package. One hundred and twenty people will be allowed on the bridge at a time. Admittance is first come, first serve for walk up visitors; however, reservations can be made. Guests will enter and exit the walkway via temporary buildings while the adjacent visitor’s center is being completed. Grand Canyon West plans to issue numbered shoe covers – in order to avoid scratches and slipping - to each visitor that enters the open-air walkway.

http://www.grandcanyonskywalk.com/update.html

Ginger's Mom
03-09-2007, 05:48 AM
No thank you, I think I will wait for Kay's pictures. I am sure it will be almost as good as seeing it in person.

I'm sorry, but did anyone else notice that what Kay posted says they will issue special shoe covers to avoid slipping? :eek: Even if I had thought about it before (which I wasn't) that would have changed my mind.

finn's mom
03-09-2007, 08:18 AM
I would do it, but I'd probably cry and/or crawl. I'm terrified of heights, I was probably most scared in the Washington Monument, it felt like it was swaying. I remember having to sit down one time, I think it was the Space Needle in Seattle. But, I've been 13,500 feet up when I went skydiving and didn't die, so I'm sure I'd be fine in this Grand Canyon tour. ;) But, I'm sure I'd cry for awhile.

mike001
03-09-2007, 08:29 AM
NOPE, not for me. I would love to, but I'm afraid of heights and claustrophobic so I would have to miss the pictures.

smokey the elder
03-09-2007, 09:17 AM
This is just too cool. I would have to do it (no fear at all of heights.)

Logan
03-09-2007, 09:28 AM
I watched a report on it, yesterday, and I think I would definitely do it. It is a Native American tribe that has built it, and the fear is that it won't be self supportive, financially, and then would be just sitting there, unused, and taking away from the natural beauty of the Grand Canyon.

One day, I hope to visit there and I will spend the money to get that view.

Logan

lizbud
03-09-2007, 09:33 AM
I would gladly help with fees if someone could definately go & take
pictures to share on PT. :) I would love to see the the view from the
safety of my chair at home. :D

lizbud
03-10-2007, 11:54 AM
Take a peek at the view from a helicopter and hear some reactions.
Glad I have plenty of company being a scaredy cat. :p

http://www.chicagotribune.com/travel/chi-070309canyonbridge-html,0,4360036.htmlstory?coll=chi-homepagetravel-hed

Pembroke_Corgi
03-10-2007, 11:56 AM
Gosh, I do get scared when it feels like I am unsupported up high, but, I think that would be too amazing to pass up! So yes, I would go! We are planning a trip to AZ in the fall, so maybe then!

joycenalex
03-10-2007, 03:22 PM
yes i would, in a minute....and while i'm afraid of heights i went skydiving too.
i'm planning on whitewater rafting the colorado, so i'll go