PDA

View Full Version : Today Is The BEST Day Ever!!!!!!!*UPDATE!!*

critter crazy
03-08-2007, 02:49 PM
Today I recieved a Letter from My sister!!

Some of you might think, okay yeah so whats so great about that? well here is the story!

When I was 5 yrs old, my mom had a baby, being a single mother, living with her father, and already supporting one child on her own, my mom decided it would be best to place the baby up for adootion! Well I was told all of this at the age of 16, after a few years of dealing with the news that I had a sister, I finally asked my mom for copies of all of the Adoption paperwork, so I could find her. I was given this paperwork 6yrs ago. It took me only 1 week to locate her! Her adoptive parents still lived, at the same address, that they did when they adopted her. so after a few quick searches, on the net, I decided to send her arents a letter explaining who I was, and requesting permission to contact, since I wasnt sure if she even knew she was adopted, and I wanted to make sure It was okay with them,a nd that I was not Interferring with her life. I waited and waited, for a reply, after 6 months, it finally came! My sister wrote me a letter, saying how exciting it was and wanting to know as much about me and my family as she possibly could. So I wrote back to her, sent her pictures, and that was the last i heard from her. Needless to say, i was dissapointed, but still respectfull and didnt want to push the issue.
Well today, after 6 long Years, i got a letter from my sister again, saying how she was trying to figure out, if she realy wanted contact with me. I am sure it is such a difficult thing to deal with, so I a by no means angry! I am just so happy, that she has decided to once again contact me! She says she wants to keep in contact, and sounds like she has a great life for herself! I am just so excited!
I hope this makes some sense? I am so emotional right now, and the tears just wont stop! I just had to share this news with all of my great friends!!http://www.e-equestrian.com/images/smilies/wiggle2.gif http://www.e-equestrian.com/images/smilies/wiggle2.gif http://www.e-equestrian.com/images/smilies/wiggle2.gif http://www.e-equestrian.com/images/smilies/wiggle2.gif

elizabethann
03-08-2007, 02:51 PM
That is awesome news. Reading the story actually brought tears to my eyes.

DrKym
03-08-2007, 03:10 PM
That is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
How awesome to be allowed to share in such a miracle, thank you for sharing that with us all!

BIG HUGS to all of you!!

Marigold2
03-08-2007, 03:13 PM
Lovely and very heartwarming.

Donnaj4962
03-08-2007, 03:27 PM
How very cool! I hope and pray that one day, if it is meant to be, you can actually meet in person!

Thanks for sharing your excitement with us!

Blue_Frog
03-08-2007, 03:30 PM
WOW! How exciting for you!! thats really awesome that she wrote you back out of the blue like that! :)

Flatcoatluver
03-08-2007, 03:31 PM
What a sweet and happy story! I am so happy for you! Thank you for sharing with us! How special.

cassiesmom
03-08-2007, 05:04 PM
critter crazy, I hope it works out terrifically for you and your sister. Thank you for sharing the good news.

critter crazy
03-08-2007, 05:32 PM
Thanks guys! all your good thoughts, realy means alot to me!

Kfamr
03-08-2007, 06:02 PM
Maggie, reading this gave me goosebumps. How wonderful that she decided to contact you. I hope you two are able to keep in touch with eachother for years to come. :)

So, is she as "Critter Crazy" as you? ;)

critter crazy
03-08-2007, 06:19 PM
Maggie, reading this gave me goosebumps. How wonderful that she decided to contact you. I hope you two are able to keep in touch with eachother for years to come. :)

So, is she as "Critter Crazy" as you? ;)
Not sure, something I have yet to ask. But I am sure it will come up eventually!:D

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-08-2007, 06:28 PM
How exciting for you!!! Hope you guys can become good friends one day.

moosmom
03-08-2007, 06:34 PM
How exciting! Keep a journal, take lots of pictures and don't forget to label them!!

I'm so happy for you, honey. There's something really special about finding a sibiling you never knew you had!!

critter crazy
03-11-2007, 11:45 PM
Well when my sister sent her letter, at the bottom she Included an E-mail addy. So after taking forever to write her a letter, and even longer to Push the send Button I wrote he back Via E-mail. Well I just got an E-mail from her! I am so happy! she sent me tons of pics! Oh my gosh, she looks so much like my mom! Wow!! I Just had to share the latest Update!!

Scooter's Mom
03-11-2007, 11:54 PM
That's wonderful! I know how it feels, as I have two brothers who were raised by adoptive parents (my mother lost them in a custody battle with her first husband) and we don't have much contact. When I do hear from them it sure makes my whole day!

Good luck in forging a friendship, if not a sisterly bond, with her. All my best goes out to both of you.

Flatcoatluver
03-11-2007, 11:54 PM
Wow how cool! I am so happy for you. Does she have a family?

critter crazy
03-12-2007, 06:18 AM
Wow how cool! I am so happy for you. Does she have a family?Oh yes. She has a Mom and a sister, unfortunately her Dad passed away a few years ago.

Karen
03-12-2007, 06:35 AM
How fun! Hopefully the two of you, as others said, will be able to become friends!

jackmilliesmom
03-12-2007, 12:58 PM
Thinking about you and hope this all comes to a very happy family ending and I know once she gets to know you it will.... Best wishes for every corner turned to getting to know her better

Jo

critter crazy
03-12-2007, 01:01 PM
Thanks for all of the great words, and support! I am so Happy, just the Concept of having a Sister, just brings a huge smile to my face! Fingers crossed that things continue to go a well as they are!

Alysser
03-12-2007, 01:37 PM
How nice for you!! Do you think you guys will ever meet?

critter crazy
03-12-2007, 01:59 PM
How nice for you!! Do you think you guys will ever meet?
I am hoping to one day, but it is all up to her. I would love to go out to california, as I havent been back since I left at the age of nine. Would definitely be nice.

kimlovescats
03-12-2007, 01:59 PM
How exciting for you both! How does your mom feel about all of this?

critter crazy
03-12-2007, 02:04 PM
How exciting for you both! How does your mom feel about all of this?
Amazingly enough, my mom is quite happy about it all! She was very emotional, when i first contacted her. But things seem to be progressing nicely. My Mom is one of those people who just hates themselves forever, when they think they have done something wrong. I try to explain that she had no real choice, but she still feels bad. But she seems very happy and excited. I am hoping to get my mom and Sister communicating as well, but we will see.

Kalei
03-12-2007, 08:06 PM
Wow this is all such great news. It reminded me of those type of things that happens in the movies, cept this is real life! You must be so so thrilled to have found your sister and now talking back and forth with her. I really hope that you two will be able to continue talking and sending pics, and hopefully someday meet each other.

Wouldn't it be great just to be able to give her a hug?:)

sweetpatata6
03-13-2007, 06:54 AM
Tell your mom that many people who were adopted (like my friend) if they could, wuld do anything to just get a chance to talk to their real moms and become friends with them. My friend totally understands what a hard situation her mom was in at the time, and just wants to see her and talk to her.

Taz_Zoee
03-13-2007, 09:31 AM
This is so exciting for you!! I can't imagine how you are feeling right now!! I hope she will want to meet you and your family some day, that would be awesome! :D :D

kimlovescats
03-13-2007, 03:21 PM
Amazingly enough, my mom is quite happy about it all! She was very emotional, when i first contacted her. But things seem to be progressing nicely. My Mom is one of those people who just hates themselves forever, when they think they have done something wrong. I try to explain that she had no real choice, but she still feels bad. But she seems very happy and excited. I am hoping to get my mom and Sister communicating as well, but we will see.

I can fully understand the floods of emotions from all sides of this. It sounds encouraging though that a nice reunion will happen before too long! ;)