PDA

View Full Version : Have You Read This Book?

elizabethann
03-08-2007, 12:28 PM
Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul? I just finished reading it. The stories were beautiful. I had many a cry (especially after Maxie died). There's a section on "saying goodbye". I read the book on the airplane and was crying. I'm surprised the flight attendants didn't ask me what was wrong.

I have Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul to read next.

kb2yjx
03-08-2007, 02:41 PM
Yes, that is a great book!! I like ALL the stories, but the one that made me hold my breathe, was the one about the cat who got its head caught in the garbage disposal!!!

elizabethann
03-08-2007, 02:48 PM
Yes, that is a great book!! I like ALL the stories, but the one that made me hold my breathe, was the one about the cat who got its head caught in the garbage disposal!!!

I remember that story! That was amazing! That poor cat - trying to get at the left over thrown away food.

catmandu
03-08-2007, 03:15 PM
Its Been A While Since I Have Read That Wonderful Book And I Am Going To Have To Reserve It At The Library.
The One Good Thing About Being Old And Dim Is That Those Stories Will All Be New Again To Me.

orangemm
03-08-2007, 03:22 PM
OH, good! Another recommended cat book! I will have to get this one for sure. I bought the other one that was discussed here a while back "A Cat named Darwin" and it was a real tear-jerker.

Another good one is "The Silent Miaow" by Paul Gallico; it's written with the cat as the author. Good reading.

I'm off to look for Chicken Soup!

Freedom
03-08-2007, 04:12 PM
Yes, I have it, now I will put it in my pile to re read it. It was a present several years ago, and I have it on the small book shelf.

Zippy
03-08-2007, 05:40 PM
This is so werid.I just bought that book a few days ago.I have started reading it and it has wonderful storys. :)

moosmom
03-08-2007, 06:20 PM
I got it as a Christmas gift a few years ago and it was the only book that moved me to tears since "Bridges of Madison County".

Marigold2
03-08-2007, 06:50 PM
I have not read it but I do love all of James Harriets books. Has anyone read those?