PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Karen and Paul

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-08-2007, 01:45 AM
OK, I haven't been on PT as much as I'd like recently, but I need to say this....

I don't know (and I don't WANT to know, so PLEASE don't rehash it in this thread) what fighting and bickering has gone on recently here on PT.

PT is like any other club with LOADS of members - people are going to have disagreements, and people are going to come and go.......BUT whatever has happened on the board, or in PM's I just wish everyone would refrain from publicly bashing Karen and Paul.

THEY created this wonderful place. They didn't ASK people to join, or to post - we do so of our own free will. How ungrateful we must appear - so quick to point fingers when things go wrong, but how often do they hear how much we LOVE PT, and how much we appreciate that they created this place where some of us have made wonderful friends?

How would we feel if (and I would probably have done so already), one day they just decided "Enough is Enough" - where would we all go? I would feel like a part of my life was missing. I would lose touch with wonderful friends here......

Can those of us who are still happy to be here please take a moment to THANK Karen and Paul for all the wonderful things they have done for PT members.

So....

Karen and Paul - you can't please all the people all the time.....I just wanted to say THANK YOU to you both for creating and maintaining Pet Talk.

(((HUGS)))

shais_mom
03-08-2007, 01:51 AM
I posted in the other thread but in case it gets deleted
THANKS KAREN AND PAUL FOR PUTTING UP WITH US and for all that you do so that we CAN ENJOY this site and meet friends from all over the world.
If it wasn't for you - I don't know where I would be. I think I would be very lonely. And I sure as HECK wouldn't have near as many travels as I have had!!!
Thanks AGAIN!!!

ChrisH
03-08-2007, 05:03 AM
Thanks Karen & Paul, for Pet Talk and just for being you!

jenluckenbach
03-08-2007, 05:23 AM
OK, I haven't been on PT as much as I'd like recently, but I need to say this....

I don't know (and I don't WANT to know, so PLEASE don't rehash it in this thread) what fighting and bickering has gone on recently here on PT.

PT is like any other club with LOADS of members - people are going to have disagreements, and people are going to come and go.......BUT whatever has happened on the board, or in PM's I just wish everyone would refrain from publicly bashing Karen and Paul.

THEY created this wonderful place. They didn't ASK people to join, or to post - we do so of our own free will. How ungrateful we must appear - so quick to point fingers when things go wrong, but how often do they hear how much we LOVE PT, and how much we appreciate that they created this place where some of us have made wonderful friends?

How would we feel if (and I would probably have done so already), one day they just decided "Enough is Enough" - where would we all go? I would feel like a part of my life was missing. I would lose touch with wonderful friends here......

Can those of us who are still happy to be here please take a moment to THANK Karen and Paul for all the wonderful things they have done for PT members.

So....

Karen and Paul - you can't please all the people all the time.....I just wanted to say THANK YOU to you both for creating and maintaining Pet Talk.

(((HUGS)))
AMEN!!

BCollie_Kelly
03-08-2007, 05:36 AM
I couldn't agree more, Thanks so much! :)

AbbyMom
03-08-2007, 07:12 AM
I agree! Thanks Karen and Paul. I regard it as a privilege to join and come here to view the pictures and read the stories about people's pets (and not an entitlement).

Felicia's Mom
03-08-2007, 07:30 AM
I agree, thanks very much Paul and Karen.

elizabethann
03-08-2007, 07:46 AM
To be honest, if I was new to this site & saw all of this bickering, I would be afraid to join and post anything. Perhaps you should consider deleting some of the "controversial" threads? Kind of like making it a clean sweep? Just my thoughts.

P.S. Thanks for PT.

:)

moosmom
03-08-2007, 07:49 AM
I agree with what Ally Cat's Mom said. Thank you Paul and Karen!

pitc9
03-08-2007, 07:53 AM
Karen and Paul.... do you sometimes feel like babysitters?? ;) :p :D

Thanks for putting up with us, not giving up on everything and dumping the board all together!

Catty1
03-08-2007, 07:54 AM
Thank you! :)

ramanth
03-08-2007, 07:55 AM
Merci Beaucoup!! :D

4 Dog Mother
03-08-2007, 08:13 AM
Thanks Karen and Paul for giving us this place to come and post about our pets and our lives and hear from others who can express delight in our joys, concern with our problems and sympathy when we lose pets or jobs or loved ones. I know I have met a great many people who help me feel normal in my love of my dogs (most say - you have FIVE dogs, what are you thinking?). Like Staci I don't know what I would do without this place to come and read posts (although I don't always reply) and just enjoy having a place I feel a part of. You are doing a great service to many of us!

Freckles
03-08-2007, 08:23 AM
Blessings and thanks, Karen and Paul, for all you do. :)

Donnaj4962
03-08-2007, 08:37 AM
Karen and Paul deserve so much for putting up with all that they do! I have been a member here for almost 2 years, and while I don't post as often as I wish I had time to...... I LOVE THIS PLACE!

Where else can you find such kind people who understand all of your idiosyncarcies (SP??!) toward your pets? :rolleyes: I check in several times a day, just to see what is new and to enjoy pictures!

Soooooo.... THANK YOU KAREN AND PAUL!

Ginger's Mom
03-08-2007, 08:44 AM
Karen and Paul.... do you sometimes feel like babysitters?? ;) :p :D

Thanks for putting up with us, not giving up on everything and dumping the board all together!
My thoughts exactly. Thank you Karen and Paul.

Cinder & Smoke
03-08-2007, 08:45 AM
:)

A Big DITTO on posts #1 and #2!

And Special Thanks to Karen & Paul for always cleaning up our *messes*!
Seems we never pick up and put our "toys" back in the Toybox!

:D

Queen of Poop
03-08-2007, 08:45 AM
Thank you Karen and Paul for providing this space for us to share our lives. I don't know what I'd do without PT so again THANK YOU!!!!!!

Zippy
03-08-2007, 08:56 AM
Thank You Karen and Paul.PT is the best site. :D

Pawsitive Thinking
03-08-2007, 09:01 AM
Despite the fights (which I find quite entertaining in their own unique way) PT is a fabulous place and my first port of call for sharing things, asking for advice, posting pictures of my babies and generally having a chat and a laugh with some great people. So, I'd like to add my thanks to you both :D

Daisy and Delilah
03-08-2007, 09:02 AM
Great idea to start this thread.

I think it's time we all step back(most of us are already doing this) and take a look at what Karen and Paul do, backstage so to speak, to keep this site running. With all that goes on here, it can't be an easy job. Without them, there would be no Pet Talk.

Thank you Karen and Paul for all you do. We love you both!! :) :) and Miss Hoppy too!! :D

anna_66
03-08-2007, 09:04 AM
I couldn't agree more with what's been said.

Although there has been many squables here, I can't imagine my life without PT. The people here are my second family!

THANK YOU KAREN & PAUL!

caseysmom
03-08-2007, 09:05 AM
Thank you and I must say you both do a fabulous job.

Jadapit
03-08-2007, 09:18 AM
Thank you Karen and Paul for this wonderful site! I cant tell you how much I enjoy looking at everyone's fur "kids" I have learned so much from people since I joined here. It honestly has taught me a lot.

Karen, you always stay so calm and level headed, I don’t know if I could do the same. ;)

My Peanuts
03-08-2007, 09:21 AM
I'd also like to thank you Paul and Karen. This is BY FAR the best forum on the Internet. :)

Pembroke_Corgi
03-08-2007, 09:25 AM
Thank you both for doing such a wonderful job. This is a great site! :)

Anita Cholaine
03-08-2007, 09:44 AM
Amen to everything said on this thread! ;)

DrKym
03-08-2007, 10:50 AM
I agree with all said, and we extend our deepest thanks to you and your hubby!

2 wonderful people that create a wonderful place to be :)

k9krazee
03-08-2007, 10:54 AM
Couldn't agree more. Thanks Karen and Paul!!

Lobodeb
03-08-2007, 11:04 AM
(gets in line) :D

Thank you, Karen and Paul for running/maintaining such a wonderful forum.

And thank you Johana for starting this thread. It's so easy to come here and post about our pets and families, and lose sight of the fact that it takes so much time and energy to make and keep PT the wonderful place it is.

I think in times like this, after a big drama show, we're all reminded of just how terrific PT really is.

Bravo Karen and Paul. Can't wait to meet you this summer.

I told Karen this in a PM (I have to make sure my mom doesn't drive my car about a week before the gathering. :o )

Cataholic
03-08-2007, 11:41 AM
That's IT! I am leaving! I cannot stand Karen or Paul, any of you guys, YUCK! I am DONE! You are all mean, you all lie to me, I lie right back to you, I don't even HAVE any cats, and Jonah isn't really my child, I stole him from WalMart (half priced at that), and, another thing, I don't even LIVE in the US, and I hate girl scout cookies.

I just wanted to type it to see how I felt. Much better, now, thanks.

NicoleLJ
03-08-2007, 11:49 AM
Even though I have not been here very long I want to add in my two cents worth. I want to Thank Karen and Paul also. Esspecially Karen though because for me she seems to be a very patient person and very understanding. She takes time to always explain things and no matter how emotional I get she still is patient. Not many people can be like that. Yesterday was a very bad day for me. With the morning sickness, pregnancy hormones and also being taken off my meds for my disability I am suffering form withdrawal from them. So to say the least I am a bit emotional. Karen took the time to respond to my pm's even with how busy she was yesterday. She helped calm me down. She even took the time to take a look at my docs note for my service dog. She is definately one of the best mods I know of. Not many are as pateint and caring as she has shown to be for me. and I am sure for others as well.
Nicole

krazyaboutkatz
03-08-2007, 11:49 AM
Thanks Karen and Paul for creating such a wonderful forum for all us petlovers.:) It's still my favorite place to visit on the interent.:D

DrKym
03-08-2007, 11:55 AM
That's IT! I am leaving! I cannot stand Karen or Paul, any of you guys, YUCK! I am DONE! You are all mean, you all lie to me, I lie right back to you, I don't even HAVE any cats, and Jonah isn't really my child, I stole him from WalMart (half priced at that), and, another thing, I don't even LIVE in the US, and I hate girl scout cookies.

I KNEW IT!
No one is entitled to that much cuteness in real life.......................I knew he was a doll baby, and half price! I always miss the good looting at wal-mart :p

mike001
03-08-2007, 12:06 PM
Haven't been here long enough to know Karen and Paul, but thank you Karen for your understanding. I know you have a frustrating job.

Randi
03-08-2007, 12:46 PM
I'll take the opportunity to thank you too, Karen and Paul. :) You are doing an amazing job running PT so smoothly. Oh, the patience you have!!

In the years I've been a member here, I have enjoyed it immensely, we've had so much fun, and I have met some really nice people, and even visited USA because of PT. :D Unfortunately, some members don't get what PT is all about, and they are the reason that others don't take part as much as they would have. Perhaps it would be an idea to point new members to "Threads of the Year" so they would know a little about what we like about PT before they decide to join - if they like it, join, if they don't, stay away!

PT is probably the friendliest Forum on the web and I hope we can all help get it back on track one of these days!

Hugs to you, Karen and Paul - and noserubs to miss Hoppy.

Flatcoatluver
03-08-2007, 12:53 PM
((((GROUP HUG))))

Thank you Karen and Paul. Your site is so wonderful, full of wonderful people. What would we do without you two?

manda_moo87
03-08-2007, 12:53 PM
I agree with everything that has been said. Thank you both for your hard work. :)

Miss Z
03-08-2007, 12:54 PM
Karen and Paul, you must have reasoning of steel to have put up with everything that has happened recently. I'd have snapped a long time ago I reckon. :p

I really hope that PT can just get back to normal from here on! Down with the bickering, bring on the PT if a few months back! :cool:

carole
03-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Just to re-inforce what everyone else has been saying, a huge thank you from down under from me Karen and Paul, for your, patience, understanding, and for creating this place .

I love PT and it is the only forum i belong to, i feel priviliged and honoured to be a member here, yes there are always going to be a few spats here and there, but that is because we are human,and mis-understandings take place, I am sure Karen and Paul, recognise that failing in us all and forgive.,thanks again for all you do and sorting out this huge family from time to time,we all need a bit of a spanking or telling off now and then lol. :)

kimlovescats
03-08-2007, 01:52 PM
THANK YOU Karen and Paul! I honestly don't know how you do it! Some of us just take for granted that you all don't have anything better to do with your time! :rolleyes:

LOVE,
Kim

Marigold2
03-08-2007, 02:02 PM
Dear Karen and Paul,

Thank you for creating a warm and fuzzy place were we as pet lovers can come and meet others to share our laughs, tears, hopes and dreams.

Taz_Zoee
03-08-2007, 04:09 PM
I feel I need to also express my thanks to Karen and Paul. I have only been on here less than 4 months and I LOVE it!! There is not one day that passes that I do not check in (unless I do not have internet access, which doesn't happen often, thank goodness!!).
There are MANY people on this site that are very sweet and helpful, and not to mention all the cute pictures I get to see all the time!! :D
I am so glad I stumbled across this site back in November, because now I am completely addicted.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! :D :D :D :D

Kfamr
03-08-2007, 04:38 PM
Yep... Cannot thank you guys enough, and especially Karen in your moderating duties.

I've gained many friends, a few foe, and have learned and grown on PT. For the past 6 years this place has been "home."

I knew the cats who I got to see/pet were fake and the ones supposedly "hiding" were nonexistant!

gemini9961
03-08-2007, 05:30 PM
I'm going to add in my 2 cents as well. Karen and Paul - thank you so much for such a wonderful site. I have learned a ton here that I have applied in my own life. I have also gained new friends who share my love for dogs and can understand why I get so protective and emotional over them. Again, thanks to Karen and Paul. :)

davidpizzica
03-08-2007, 06:10 PM
Karen and Paul, thank you for starting Pet Talk. I've made many wonderful friends here including my sweetheart Donna! Everyone here have been sympathetic with my medical problems and car wrecks and it's very helpful to come on here to talk about them and generally let off some steam. This is my internet home and I'll never leave PT. Karen and Paul, I salute you!!

Bengalz
03-08-2007, 07:04 PM
Karen and Paul - You are The Best!! Thank you for sticking with us :D

Hugs,
Betty

*LabLoverKEB*
03-08-2007, 07:05 PM
Yes, I agree! Karen & Paul have put up with sooo much throughout the years, and I very much appreciate it! You guys are awesome! I love going home to pet talk after school, and just relaxing. Thanks so much!

RedHedd
03-08-2007, 07:10 PM
I know there's always room for one more in that group {{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}. I missed all the drama but I've read bits and pieces of what happened in various threads and usually stay out of drama scenes like that.

Thank you Karen and Paul for giving us a safe place to meet on the 'net and share our love of animals. I've made many new friends here and have met more than a few in purrson. I love this place!

Alysser
03-08-2007, 08:00 PM
Thank you Karen and Paul for all you do!

AvaJoy
03-08-2007, 09:07 PM
Dear Karen and Paul,

Thank you for creating a warm and fuzzy place were we as pet lovers can come and meet others to share our laughs, tears, hopes and dreams.

My sentiments, as well. I may not keep up with the threads as I would like, which is why I know not of the recent squabbles; the last major bickering I recall was the Spencer The Lion fiasco, many, many moons ago.

I do make sure I view and read about each pet, cat and dog of the day. If I miss a day, I go to archives. Call it Obsessive/Compulsive Disorder, if you like, but it has been a mainstay in my schedule for many years.

And whenever one of my "children" is seriously ill this is where I turn for emotional support.

Thank you, Karen & Paul, for providing so much to so many! :)

cyber-sibes
03-08-2007, 10:39 PM
Karen, your patience inspires me! Thanks from us, too! ;)

Vio&Juni
03-09-2007, 05:00 AM
I don't know what the fighting was about and I don't even want to know, but I often wondered how Karen and Paul can moderate such a big forum with so many different people with different backgrounds and opinions and how they don't just close the forum when emotions run high.

Thank you, guys for the wonderful website, the place that brought together so many people.

Rachel
03-09-2007, 06:08 AM
If anyone deserves an honorary Social Work degree, it is our Ms. Karen, since she has certainly been in the trenches here at times. Despite all the bickering, postering, attention seeking antics by the likes of us town folks, she remains cool and collected, and able to dispense a rational and calming approach to the situations at hand. Good work!

DJFyrewolf36
03-09-2007, 06:19 AM
I had to add a big THANK YOU as well! PT was the reason I learned about kitties and ended up getting Remus and Spook. PT has been a sounding board for a lot of things for me and In glad I got to meet such a great group of people!

THANK YOU Karen and Paul for being some of the best forum mods I've had the honor of encountering :D

critter crazy
03-09-2007, 06:28 AM

So....

(((HUGS)))
AMen!! Thank you so much for offereing to all of this, such a great place to come to on a daily basis!

finn's mom
03-09-2007, 08:11 AM
I stay out of all that drama anyway, so I have no idea what happened. I like Pet Talk, even if I don't like most of the conversations that take place. I still think it's one of the best run sites I've been on. I think this is a great thread, and I thank you, Karen and Paul for all your hard work!

Cataholic
03-09-2007, 08:20 AM
I knew the cats who I got to see/pet were fake and the ones supposedly "hiding" were nonexistant!

:eek: :eek: You caught me in another LIE! :D

Aspen and Misty
03-09-2007, 09:18 AM
I to have to say thank you to both of you! You both are great and have created the best online board in the world!!

You put up with more then any one person should have to at one time. You truly are amazing!

Ashley

smokey the elder
03-09-2007, 09:21 AM
This site rules to the max. Thanks for starting it up and making a big old playground for pet lovers.

Kalei
03-09-2007, 12:10 PM
Yep, I agree with everything said...THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Karen and Paul you are the best. This site is my sanctuary when I want to show my pets, ask questions, when I'm happy, when I'm sad, when I feel like making someone laugh, and of course when I am bored and have nothing to do, I am on PT. Heck I'm on so much that sometimes I read every single thread and then even get bored because I need a new thread to look at and reply too lol.

THANKS SO MUCH KAREN AND PAUL!

Catsnclay
03-09-2007, 12:59 PM
I missed all the drama but I've read bits and pieces of what happened in various threads and usually stay out of drama scenes like that.

I too missed most of it, but did catch something a week or 2 ago.

Karen & Paul: you both are wonderful and I wouldn't know what I would do if there wasn't Pet Talk to check into everyday! I have met several wonderful people through this site, and I am sure I will meet more.

Yes, there are always some trouble makers, and you know how to handle them properly, and that I applaude you - although if it was me, I would have banned them way sooner than you guys did :rolleyes: but that is why you guys are the moderators and not me!! :D

This thank you has been a long time in coming to you, and I hope you realize that we all appreciate the work you have put into this site for us. I know we do not tell you enough, so here goes:

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, and thank you again one more time!!!!!!

joycenalex
03-09-2007, 04:16 PM
when i was at my most lonely times, i could come to pet talk and be cheered by the love, letters and concern shown by my friends here. thank you karen and paul and the lovely miss hoppy

Sevaede
03-09-2007, 07:43 PM
Indeed.

Thank you very much! It has been wonderful being able to join and stay with the group! :D

Dorothy39
03-09-2007, 08:11 PM
What can I say ( type?)

This forum has opened helped me to open the doors that were "right in front of me" and it has provided me with an eagerness to reach out to mankind in such a way that was impossible before!!!

It (this forum) since I've discovered it, has enriched my day to day life with a Chance to be Heard and Acknowleged~~~ and to know and understand myself like NEVER BEFORE!!! :eek:

Thank-You Karen and Paul~( I surrender :cool: )

Vermontcat
03-09-2007, 08:36 PM
Thanks Karen and Paul for all you do for all of us. :)
Karen, thanks for doing some much needed spring cleaning here the other day.
I think Pet Talk will be a happier place now without all the drama queens.

Pam
03-09-2007, 10:07 PM
I'll take the opportunity to thank you too, Karen and Paul. :) You are doing an amazing job running PT so smoothly. Oh, the patience you have!!

In the years I've been a member here, I have enjoyed it immensely, we've had so much fun, and I have met some really nice people.

Perhaps it would be an idea to point new members to "Threads of the Year" so they would know a little about what we like about PT before they decide to join - if they like it, join, if they don't, stay away!

Randi you took the words right out of my mouth and I like your suggestion! ;)

captain
03-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Amen!!!
Ditto!!!

and

YES indeed - you do put up with us, and we thank you.

Cheers
From Down Under
Michelle

Kfamr
03-11-2007, 11:01 AM
All I can say is that Pet Talk has been so peaceful the past few days.
While visiting other forums I realize PT has so much more freedom than most - some don't allow signature images, some don't allow linking to other sites, some restrict signature images so much that you can barely tell what's in the signature.

So... THANK YOU, THANK YOU, AND THANK YOU AGAIN.

This truely is the best on the web and continues to get better.

cyber-sibes
03-11-2007, 11:19 AM
All I can say is that Pet Talk has been so peaceful the past few days. So... THANK YOU, THANK YOU, AND THANK YOU AGAIN.
I absolutely agree!

CatLuvrs
03-11-2007, 11:51 AM
I agree. Thanks Karen and Paul!!!! I wouldn't know what to do with out PT! :D

caseysmom
03-11-2007, 02:18 PM
I absolutely agree!

I third that, it has been wonderful!

sasvermont
03-11-2007, 02:52 PM
Karen and Paul, I really appreciate your time and efforts and money to keep this forum running.

Thanks so much for putting up with us (especially Cataholic....I cannot believe she got that child at a Walmart. I've never seen children for sale or trade at any Walmart)

We do have as much fun here as possible. Some days its just NOT possible.

Thanks for making anything POSSIBLE here!

Sas and her campers....