PDA

View Full Version : She's going to the vet, no buts about it!

coco-bean
03-07-2007, 07:56 PM
Most of you are familiar with corona's bowel problems and i believe there may be an underlying problem. I just stood outside with the poor little thing for 15 minutes as she strained to poop. She went...and just kept goin. At first it was a little more solid but still not hard, then she walked away a little bit and strained some more, finally letting out basically what was left in her...pure water...and alot of it!
i feel so bad for her..i knew something was wrong but i've been putting it off because the vet wanted me to finish her second round of medicine before we decided if we needed a blood test..and i finally decided it needs to be done.
She's still really hyper and rambunctious but just not quite as much. She doesnt seem quite as interested in playing with the other two as much anymore and kinda lays around alot...mostly chewing on her bone or fuzz...or whatever she picks up thats on the floor(meaning toys) we get all the fuzz away from her before she swallows it.
We havent finished her medicine yet but she's been on it for two weeks now and i kept thinking...it'll get better...but it just hasnt! cainan and coco go into the vet tomorrow for their heartworm check, and ill be sched. an appointment to get her a blood test.
How much do blood test usually run? im affraid i wont be able to afford it for a little while yet, with coco having her little accident and then them both needing their heartworm check at the same time.
thanks for listening!

mike001
03-07-2007, 08:01 PM
have you tried feeding her rice and boiled chicken, no skin witha touch of pure pumpkin? My vet always suggests this when a dog has bowel troubles like this. this is supposed to work like magic. I've never had a problem with my dogs, but everyone who tries it says it works great. Just a suggestion.

DrKym
03-07-2007, 08:06 PM
Around here a full panel runs 75.00. I don't know if your vet charges an exam fee each time which would raise it.
With Rusty being Hypothyroid, he goes in often, and we pay for only the test, as he isnt being fully examined. Might be worth it to ask if they can pull blood on her the same day the other 2 are in, and maybe save a few bucks?

mr.chiwawa
03-07-2007, 08:25 PM
Is there anyway they take do the blood test while she is there tomarrow? Ya know like kill 2 birds with one stone and then they can call you with the results? When mister had to get a blood test it only ran be about $50.00,
Hope everything turns out ok with her and I will keep you and your furbabies in my thoughts and prayers that evreything turns out ok
chi hugs

coco-bean
03-07-2007, 08:27 PM
i would really like to take her tomorrow with me when i take the other two but Andy has to work and loading two very wild and crazy puppies(when they get on the leash they freak out with happiness) and walking them to the vet by myself and holding one pup on the table while the other pup is in my other hand...it may be kinda hard to control them! they all get so excited when they see people it's unbearable to control them. I may just make another appt. early next week and have andy take her in while im at work or something,i have to work on friday all day so i dont know if ill be able to get her in on sat. but i can sure try!

Love That Collie
03-08-2007, 06:16 PM
What is the name of the medication Corona is on?