PDA

View Full Version : Registered names?

coco-bean
03-07-2007, 05:59 PM
How does everyone come up with their unique registered names?
plus...i wanna see um... tell me all ur registered names!! :D

.sarah
03-07-2007, 06:29 PM
For both Nova and Buck I picked out their call names first and then wanted something to go with it for their registered name. I had a hard time with both of them.

Nova is a type of star so I wanted something to do with stars or space. One day I was browsing through websites and saw another dog named something like "Kennel Name's Out of This World" and I modified that to fit what I wanted. Her name is Simply Outta This World.

When I named Buck I asked the people here for help because I couldn't come up with anything. Tasha (Crazy-Cat-Lover) suggested Buck Naked and I loved it, I thought it was really funny. Nova is the name of my future kennel so I put that at the beginning and got Nova's Buck Naked.

I'm getting an ILP on Luka soon and I can't think of anything. I might need to get suggestions from here again.

I already have the call name and regisitered name picked out for my next dog. I have one picked out in case she is yellow and another if she is black. The mom is yellow but a sire hasn't been chosen yet (and the puppies aren't due until October) so it's still up in the air as to whether I'll be getting a yellow or black.

agilityk9trainer
03-07-2007, 06:43 PM
I like to keep things relatively simple with registered names. I, too, pick out a call name and work the registered name around that. I was lucky enough to be able to put my "kennel" name on the front of my dogs' names. As a little girl, I lived on the banks of the Deep Fork river. Well, river is a bit of a big term for it. It is the headwaters of the Deep Fork river that runs through the 'burbs of my city, but it's really just a polluted city creek. But, I decided as a girl my kennel of dogs would be Deepfork's. And, I don't really have a true "kennel" either, as I don't breed. So:

My dog Laika was named Laika of Deepfork.

My sheltie Aslan was named Deepfork's Aslan.

The one I like the best is my sheltie Jericho. He can only hear loud noises. At the Batttle of Jericho in the Bible, the walls of Jericho fell after the attacking army issued a loud noise. He is Deepfork's Battle of Jericho.

NicoleLJ
03-07-2007, 06:46 PM
When I was looking for a name for Sheena I wanted something where her call name worked with her registered name. I also wanted soemthing that described what she was and is to me. I purchased Sheena mainly to be my Service Dog(she was meant, and has, given me my life back) and if she excelled and passed her health tests she was going to be the fondation bitch for a Kennel where my soul focus was to breed dogs that had the potential to be service dogs for the disabled. A lot of stuff to put into one name. But I found it in the Greek language. Sheena in Greek means "Gods' Gift of Grace." Sheena is a gift from God to me. So her registered name was a play on that "Debbie's Gift of Gods Grace". It has been 3 long years since she first came to me and changed my life and in hopefully a few more months we will have our first successfully breeding to hopefully change some other disabled persons life for teh better.

Luca does not have a registered name because we got him from a rescue.
Nicole

Vela
03-07-2007, 06:52 PM
Brindle spayed boxer:
Ginger = Boxwood Legendary Spice

White neutered boxer:
Cracker = Legendary's White Knight

White female boxer pup:
Soda = Legendary's Vanilla Creme (not registered yet, still with breeder)

Sophist
03-07-2007, 07:07 PM
I just pick a songtitle or really neat songline from my favorite band (R.E.M.) and add my last name to the front of it.

Hard to believe given how I agonize over selecting thier actual names, but I am pretty loose with registered names. Whichever pops into my head first and sounds all right... I just want to compete in a few nearby breed events. Currently have no interest in chasing after big championships or breeding or a kennel, so it is just kind of a formality.

pessimisaurus
03-07-2007, 08:10 PM
I had a hard time thinking of a registered name for Royal. Like the others have said I too picked his call name first and wanted the registered name to correlate. His breeder actually came up with the registered name and I thought it was perfect! "Windswept's Diamond Royale" Its clever because his dam's registered name is "Kossok's Diamond Solitaire".

Years ago when we had our Boxer I named her Abbey, registered name (which was never registered haha) Summit View's Abbey Road- I was a huge Beatles fan at the time (well, still am I guess! haha)

Ive seen some awesome registered names, people get so clever!!

mr.chiwawa
03-07-2007, 08:17 PM
Do you mean like what I registered with him throu the AKC? If so then its really simple
Mister Smith

cali
03-07-2007, 08:25 PM
Blair and Electra are my only kennel club regsitered dogs and they are:

*kennel name* My Boyfriend Blair, and this actually has a story lol Blair was gievn to us right after my parnets split up, Blair was Blairs litter name, and before my mom met my dad, her boyfriends name was...Blair. so, since a dog named Blair ended up with my mom right after she split with my dad, the registered name "my boyfriend Blair" came up as a joke..and it stuck lol

Electra is KDs Storm Warnin4 Tollchester, no story as i didnt choose it, she came with the name lol

lute
03-08-2007, 10:54 AM
I see what the sire/dam reg names are. See if I can get something from them. I ask my mentor, I ask PT. PT actually named Houston.LOL his reg name was Juroblyn's Trouble in Texas. His owners now renamed him to Juroblyn's Little Texas Tornado.

Gracie's reg name is Juroblyn's This Time Around. Her reg name is my favorite Hanson song. I named her this because I had tried to show another sibe, but we never made it to the show ring. So "this time around" I was gonna make it to the show ring with Gracie. I did, but not for long. She was DQ for being 1 1/2in over the breed standard.

Unfortinatly Charlie's breeder was a scam. We got our pup and never heard from him again.grr! no papers, so we can't register him. We were going to name him LexDot's Long Haired Country Boy.

Another cute reg name and call name combo is Gracie's only sister. My mentor own her. Her call name is Aretha. Boy, does it fit her! She's a screamer! Her reg name is Juroblyn's Rock N Roll Baby. That's an Aretha Franklin song.

vinjashira
03-08-2007, 11:06 AM
the breeder register the names in the UK so you really don't have a choice :D
you can change it for a fee though, just another way for the Kennel Club to make money I think

TFTpwnsYou
03-08-2007, 11:13 AM
the breeder register the names in the UK so you really don't have a choice :D
you can change it for a fee though, just another way for the Kennel Club to make money I think

I think that would be the idea with that one. Wow. You'd figure it would be up to the owner.

I picked a call name first and then worked in the kennel name, and then thought of something clever. Pippyn is the AKC dog in the house. Full name is Fantasia's Big Pippyn Pwn Puppy. I get a lugh out of that. If my TFT was AKC I wanted to name him Sir Beacan Nublin since all he has is a nub.

I do agree though. People get very creative with registered names. I love what they come up with.

Lori Jordan
03-08-2007, 11:22 AM
Brindle spayed boxer:
Ginger = Boxwood Legendary Spice

White neutered boxer:
Cracker = Legendary's White Knight

White female boxer pup:
Soda = Legendary's Vanilla Creme (not registered yet, still with breeder)

I forgot all about you adding another to your family,Do you have any pictures yet.

Vela
03-08-2007, 12:45 PM
I have some from when she was a week old, and had a thread, but Zoto did that tradeover and broke all of my links. I'll repost a couple here hehe, but don't want to hijack the thread.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u93/Velaara/2003_0205Image0034.jpg

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u93/Velaara/2003_0205Image0033.jpg

binka_nugget
03-08-2007, 02:10 PM
Kai was supposed to be registered, but we had some problems with his "breeder". I was going to register him as "Satelier's Fool in the Rain". I'm a Zeppelin fan. "Fool in the Rain" is my favorite Zeppelin song and seemed to fit him because Kai is such a goofy boy. :p

Kaedyn can't be registered because he was adopted. I gave him a fancy name anyways.. just cause it's fun. :p He is "Dazed and Confused".. another Zeppelin song.

Keeva's contract says that I have to have "BayArea" at the end of her reg'd name. She will be registered with the AKC and CKC as "Komplete Khaos O'BayArea". It fits.. because living with her is chaotic. :p

*LabLoverKEB*
03-08-2007, 06:54 PM
Rita is: Lovely Rita Lynn

cyber-sibes
03-08-2007, 08:42 PM
Star's registered name is Blue Moon Star (son, hubby, & I each picked one name, then put them all together) We wanted to register her, but not show, so we didn't include the name of her kennel.

Sherman was registered with his kennel name, Destiny's Raise the Bar (and how they got from that to "Sherman", I'll never know :rolleyes: )

shais_mom
03-08-2007, 10:44 PM
Well, I brought Keegan home when she was 6 weeks old (yea I know :() and I was sitting in the chair trying to figure out her name and I said out loud all the names I had picked. When I said KEEGAN - she looked at me. I did it again with the names in different order - each name with the same inflection of my voice and she looked at me again when I said KEEGAN. I did it the 3rd time and the 3rd time she looked at me when I said KEEGAN - ya know they say 3rd time is a charm so she was KEEGAN. I always say she picked out her own name.

For her AKC name her mother's name is Sweet Vidalia. I wanted to have my greyhound Shaianne's name in it also and couldn't think of anything else. I came up with Sweet Shaianne's Grace - Grace being my Grandma's name tho she didn't go by it. When I told Grandma what I had chosen she got all teary eyed. She loved Keegan with all her heart and Keegan loved her the same. It took Keegan a while to get used to the fact that Grandma wasn't around to let her in and give her cookies any more when she passed away.

wolfsoul
03-09-2007, 01:53 AM
Visa is Attra Dea's Credit Approved. Money was the theme of her litter because the litter came down with parvo and it cost alot of money to try to save them all. Her bother, Amex, is AttraDea's IntheBlackO'Tiashanah, and her sister, Cash, is AttraDea N' Blackstar's Legal Tender. She has one other sister that survived who was never registered, as the owner moved and we don't know where she is. Would like to find her one day.

Solo is Attra Dea's One for the Money. He is still not registered, but will be under that name. If that name falls through (for whatever CKC could reason), the other choices are Attra Dea's One Ball Man, and Attra Dea's Dancing With Myself. He is a singleton pup. I am waiting for Marla to make the arrangements to have Visa's registration in my name so that the litter can also be registered under my name. This way I can show Solo in Bred By Exhibitor.

It's not just the UK that breeders pick the names for the pups. Most reputable breeders actually do pick their pups' names, especially if they do themes. Marla couldn't choose Loki's name. I thought about doing it, but meh, I like it when there are a variety of names that you wouldn't think of. My next pup will be either Attra Dea's Catalyst, or Attra Dea's Sweet Uniquity. Not many call names can work with that, so it will likely be an irrelevant call name. If I get a sheltie from my friend, it will be Sirona's Up Until Now.

My friend finally got all the pups in her litter registered. Took a while because the owners needed time to decide. Her girl, Arwyn, is Sirona's Right on Target. Her name is almost arrow and her white collar looks like an arrow. I wanted her to name her Sirona's This End Up. Fox is Sirona's Foxy Lady. Chevy is Sirona's Chevy Classic. Axel is Sirona's Triple Axel. And Leeder is Sirona's General Leeder. Marla's dogs are Stellar's Black Goddess "Isis" (Black Goddess is what Attra Dea means), Attra Dea's Living the Dream "Jaguar" (cars was the call name theme -- her sister's name is Miata), and Tiashanah's Wine N Dance of Attra Dea ("W" theme). The poodle is Cindmisty's Jazz Mitazz "Jazz."

cloverfdx
03-09-2007, 07:19 AM
Clover's registered name is Four Legged Clover.

Harri's is *Prefix* Rum N Raisin. The theme was things that are naughty but nice, the way JRTs shoud be. His brothers and sisters are Toffee Apple, Polly Waffle, Sherbert Bomb and Wizz Fizz.. most of which are australian sweets/ lollies/ candys :p.

GiantSchnauzer
03-09-2007, 09:35 AM
Eika was named by her breeder. She was from the "e" litter.
Eika von der "kennel name"

Crikit
03-09-2007, 04:04 PM
Tama's is Kamp Bandit Strut Your Stuff not sure why really.

and Kizmit's litter had a James Bond theme going for it so we choose to name him *kennel name* Shaken Not Stirred, which will be his AKC and CKC registered name. I almost picked Agent as his call name but because of the way some things worked out he got called Kizmit because it was all meant to happen.