PDA

View Full Version : Seems a bit of venting is needed RE: Todays issue

DrKym
03-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Several people have made threads today about this issue.

I have also recieved several emails and pms' from those that know I know Michelle.
I have been asked to verify several times on this board by Michelle of the accuracy of her claims and accomplishments. In every instance, where I knew it as a fact and personally was there. She has accomplished alot.

In this latest portion of verification, I was not there, and several members asked me to verify the claim of the breeding.

I did the prudent thing before responding positive or negative, I talked to the studs owner. He denied knowing anything about the breeding until 10 am yesterday. He assured me he had no plans to breed his male to anyone. AI or otherwise.

I asked him if I could quote him on this, and relay the information given to Michelle and to the board members that asked me about it. He said yes.

The only issue I have here, is that I was saddened to be used in such a way, as anyone that knows me on this board is aware that I research both sides of an issue.

And that someone who is not a member has had to be interrupted in his taking care of his wife, whom he had picked up yesterday after a lengthy stay at the hospital to refute claims on his Kennel and his dog.

I hope this clears up any questions.

caseysmom
03-07-2007, 04:02 PM
I am sorry you were caught in the middle like this dr. goodnow. Please remember you were not the one that lied.

DrKym
03-07-2007, 04:33 PM
I am sorry you were caught in the middle like this dr. goodnow. Please remember you were not the one that lied.

Thanks

NicoleLJ
03-07-2007, 04:35 PM
Your postion was a hard one but you had to be who you are(which is a great person) and be honest. Hopefully she will learn form this that lieing is NEVER worth it. I am also sorry you were caught in the middle. That is never a fun place to be.
Nicole

lizbud
03-07-2007, 05:08 PM
Since you both replied in many threads before, did you not ever have
a clue that reckless claims were being made by her?

DrKym
03-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Since you both replied in many threads before, did you not ever have
a clue that reckless claims were being made by her?

which is why when called to back up this claim I verified it. I can and did back the claims I knew to be true.

I did not have the other side of this claim, and would not put myself on the line without researching it for myself.

moosmom
03-07-2007, 06:23 PM
Absolutely!! What person would do such a stupid, idiotic thing unless it's for the own gain and to fluff their ego by sounding important. Sad, isn't it??

Sophist
03-07-2007, 07:52 PM
Dr. Goodnow, no need to apologize for not hiding the truth or backing up a lie. If you were simply straightforward and adhered to your personal standards of integrity, that's not anything to knock you for.

Honestly, I don't know or care about all of the ins and outs of this particular incident. All I can say is, Borzoimom did a lot of things that fed into the action Karen chose to take. It can't be blamed on a single incident, or anything other people did.

In my opinion, from what I have seen in my somewhat short time on Pet Talk, Karen is pretty fair and patient with bans. Anyone who is doled out a ban seems to have warranted it, and some even seemed to have worked hard to earn them.

DrKym
03-07-2007, 07:53 PM
Dr. Goodnow, no need to apologize for not hiding the truth or backing up a lie. If you were simply straightforward and adhered to your personal standards of integrity, that's not anything to knock you for.

Honestly, I don't know or care about all of the ins and outs of this particular incident. All I can say is, Borzoimom did a lot of things that fed into the action Karen chose to take. It can't be blamed on a single incident, or anything other people did.

In my opinion, from what I have seen in my somewhat short time on Pet Talk, Karen is pretty fair and patient with bans. Anyone who is doled out a ban seems to have warranted it, and some even seemed to have worked hard to earn them.

Thank you.

applesmom
03-07-2007, 09:13 PM
Speaking of integrity; isn't that what this whole thing is all about?

The entire basis of the dog fancy is based on integrity. From the Registries (in this instance AKC), to the parent clubs, (Borzoi club of America) on down to the breeders, exhibitors and handlers.

The Borzoi Club of America cleary states in their Code of Ethics; "To strive always to behave in a sportsmanlike manner and refrain from misleading and false advertising, maligning or giving false statements regarding dogs, breeding practices and BCOA members.

Drgoodnow didn't sacrifice her integrity so that she could honestly answer a legitimate question from board members here, Michelle (borzoimom) sacrificed hers by repeatedly posting lies.

The banning of borzoimom could be just the tip of the iceberg for her if she persists. She also put her membership in the Borzoi Club of America, the AKC and the entire dog fancy in danger.

Banning her from a pet discussion may be the best thing that ever happened to her if she takes this as a wake up call

Ginger's Mom
03-07-2007, 09:21 PM
The banning of borzoimom could be just the tip of the iceberg for her if she persists. She also put her membership in the Borzoi Club of America, the AKC and the entire dog fancy in danger.

Banning her from a pet discussion may be the best thing that ever happened to her if she takes this as a wake up call
Thanks applesmom, I have typed a question in reference to that at least three times and have then deleted it. Part of my question is, if borzoimom has bred or titled dogs in the past (of any breed) wouldn't something like this call into question the pedigree of any other dog she has claimed to have bred and/or shown?

drothergoodnow
03-07-2007, 09:23 PM
Thank you, Applesmom. I've been watching this situation brew for some time, with great trepidation. I strive every day for the level of integrity my wife has, and it's refreshing to see someone else that appreciates it, rather than bashing her for doing the right thing, regardless of personal cost. I've been through many situations where she has stood on her integrity, no matter what, while all the world turns on her. Thank you and everyone else that has stood with my wife during this. To those who have turned on her... You don't know the whole story, and, honestly, I'm disinclined to tell it to people who stab first and ask questions later. There is much more to this issue than anyone here knows. With that, I'll return to my regularly scheduled lurking...

DrKym
03-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Thanks applesmom, I have typed a question in reference to that at least three times and have then deleted it. Part of my question is, if borzoimom has bred or titled dogs in the past (of any breed) wouldn't something like this call into question the pedigree of any other dog she has claimed to have bred and/or shown?

It could.

It would depend on the breedings, if there were studs available other than the named stud, if there were faults that the stud used threw only in that one litter.

Dog fancy is very tough world, and it is a very tight community, little goes on that isn't immediately known at the ringside.

critter crazy
03-07-2007, 09:43 PM
Dr. Goodnow, I think that you are a great person and did what you needed to do. I know nothing of what has been going on, but to say the least I am shocked, at what was said by Michelle. I sure hope that this forum, can get past this, and return to its normal, lovely charm, that drew me here to begin with.

Once again, Dr. Goodnow, you are awsome!

DrKym
03-07-2007, 09:53 PM
Maggie thank you.

I am rather fond of you too!

Jadapit
03-07-2007, 09:57 PM
Dr. Goodnow, I applaud you for your integrity. You did the right thing. You are an amazing lady.

DrKym
03-07-2007, 10:17 PM
Thank you.

Now with integrity intact I will shamelessly beg for pics of my Ebony!!

applesmom
03-07-2007, 10:55 PM

I'd say that's highly unlikely for a couple of reasons. Too much time has gone by. By her own admission she hasn't had a litter in many years. Any dogs she'd produced back then would probably be long dead by now. If any complaints haven't surfaced by now they aren't likely to. ;)

The majority of questions arise due to suspicious registration which can't happen when there aren't even any puppies to be registered. :)

DrKym
03-07-2007, 10:56 PM
Slander would imply a falsity on my part.

Since there is none the suit won't hold water.
GLOSSARY

slander

A type of defamation. Slander is an untruthful oral (spoken) statement about a person that harms the person's reputation or standing in the community. Because slander is a tort (a civil wrong), the injured person can bring a lawsuit against the person who made the false statement. If the statement is made via broadcast media -- for example, over the radio or on TV -- it is considered libel, rather than slander, because the statement has the potential to reach a very wide audienc

dukedogsmom
03-07-2007, 11:01 PM
Hey, dont mean to be the bearer of bad news....

Dr. Goodnow -
You are now getting sued for slander

(bolts of into a black hole for the next month)
I thought you said you were leaving?

applesmom
03-07-2007, 11:03 PM
I am delivering a message...

Dr. Goodnow -

That's hilarious! The truth isn't slander!

CathyBogart
03-07-2007, 11:06 PM
I missed the whatever, but I gleaned some of it from reading through the closed thread. Anywho, I really like you Dr. Goodnow. I'm sorry you wound up in the middle of this, and I hope nothing like that ever happens again.

DrKym
03-07-2007, 11:08 PM
Thank you Cathy,
I am very fond of you too, and truly enjoy your posts.

drothergoodnow
03-07-2007, 11:17 PM
Ceph, it's sniping little creatures like you that I was referring to in my post above. Dart in, try to stick the knife in, and run away. Ok, so thank you for demonstrating to everyone here what lack of integrity looks like. A dark hole is definitely appropriate.

As to a lawsuit...

All of the conversations, threads and other legal evidence has been duly recorded, and is being prepared for the purpose of legal defense. It should be a relatively easy matter to present to any judge, who, based upon the documented evidence and testimony, should dismiss the case as spurious, and possibly fine bmom for contempt of court (misuse of the judicial process), after which, countersuit of defamation of character, damages, pain and suffering, and legal fees would be filed. For the purposes of countersuit, all contact records of those parties involved can be subpoenaed for the purpose of pursing said litigation, encompassing more than just bmom and her pedantic
lawsuit. Meaning that we would be involving you as well...

For the record, I have two ex-wifes, the last of which forced me to become quite educated in the legal process. She did teach me to make sure to keep meticulous records, as "anything you say can, and will be used against you in a court of law."

Please convey my best wishes to bmom on her waste of time, effort and money in the pursuit of her lawsuit.

Daisy and Delilah
03-07-2007, 11:18 PM
I am delivering a message...

Dr. Goodnow -

More drama from Michelle? Apparently, she can't accept what she's done and get over herself. This is ridiculous, Ceph. If Michelle has personal issues with Dr. Goodnow, she should deliver them herself. Why is she keeping you in the middle of it? I suggest you get out of this while the getting is good and by all means, take it off this board!!! :mad:

Why do I feel like she's still here? :confused:

Karen
03-07-2007, 11:30 PM
She's not still here, but may still read the posts, as this is a public website! Don't let it worry you, honestly, though.

DrKym
03-07-2007, 11:33 PM
She's not still here, but may still read the posts, as this is a public website! Don't let it worry you, honestly, though.

As I said, it would imply a falsity on my part. There is none so no worries.

NicoleLJ
03-07-2007, 11:40 PM
I would not worry Dr. Goodnow. I got threatened with a lawsuit when I had the problem I posted about. It wasn't the breeder though who threatened me but one of her friends. I contacted a lawyer, showed him all the posts, pms, emails, everything. My mother taught me well, she was a paralegal and taught me to always keep everything. I still have it all too. He told me since I never posted anything that was not provable and backed up and was only about my business dealings that there was no case. No lawsuit ever came. It was just a threat. Some people like to throw it around to try and scare people who do not know about the law and the legal system. Since you did not post anything that is false then you have nothing to worry about.
Nicole

applesmom
03-08-2007, 01:09 AM
At least you won't be alone Kym. It looks like I made the list too. Can't wait. I save everything.

Sent : Wednesday, March 7, 2007 5:18 PM
To : applesmom
Subject : Re: what is

Your reply is all I need . Done.

----- Original Message -----
To: borzoimom
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 7:13 PM
Subject: RE: what is

Why did you send me this? You're not even speaking to me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To:applesmom
Subject: what is
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 19:08:56 -0500

you mailing address?
Michelle
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent : Wednesday, March 7, 2007 9:37 PM
To : "applesmom
Subject : you are being recorded to add to the lawsuit

" The banning of borzoimom could be just the tip of the iceberg for her if she persists. She also put her membership in the Borzoi Club of America, the AKC and the entire dog fancy in danger.

Banning her from a pet discussion may be the best thing that ever happened to her if she takes this as a wake up call"
You have no idea who you are dealing with and with every pm, you are in the lawsuit of slander. I do not play.
Michelle

shais_mom
03-08-2007, 01:39 AM
This doesn't even warrant popcorn. I think I would choke on it anyway.
:(
Dr. Goodnow and Dr.OtherGoodnow - I know I don't know you very well but I would like to say that I am sorry you are going thru this and are having to deal with this issue.
Apple'smom - the same for you - I have seen several posts from you over the course of a couple of these threads and think that your posting is intelligent and informative. I'm sorry this is happening.

applesmom
03-08-2007, 01:51 AM
Thank you drothergoodnow,Gingers Mom and shais_mom. The truth will set us free! :D

Kfamr
03-08-2007, 03:43 AM
Thank you Kym for bringing truth to PT. :)

Does anyone remember when borzoimom first joined - she threatened a bunch of teenagers on PT that the police were at their door and they were going to jail? Yeah.. well they're still all here and I still haven't heard of anyone getting a knock at their door!

Pawsitive Thinking
03-08-2007, 03:48 AM

People, people, people............let it go and move on. By continuing this thread (yes, I know I'm posting on it) you are only giving them "air time". Lets get back to the serious business of enjoying our animals and each others company before PT is closed for good

JenBKR
03-08-2007, 08:51 AM
Just had to laugh - ok, being sued for slander. Think all of PT will be called in to testify? :D

Thank you Kym for bringing truth to PT. :)

Does anyone remember when borzoimom first joined - she threatened a bunch of teenagers on PT that the police were at their door and they were going to jail? Yeah.. well they're still all here and I still haven't heard of anyone getting a knock at their door!

Whoa....I never knew about that. I hate when I miss the good stuff! ;)

caseysmom
03-08-2007, 09:10 AM
Just had to laugh - ok, being sued for slander. Think all of PT will be called in to testify? :D

Whoa....I never knew about that. I hate when I miss the good stuff! ;)

Yeah there was lots of drama when she first came here...we were all going to get police visits for questioning anything she said.

mike001
03-08-2007, 10:04 AM
I would not worry Dr. Goodnow. I got threatened with a lawsuit when I had the problem I posted about. It wasn't the breeder though who threatened me but one of her friends. I contacted a lawyer, showed him all the posts, pms, emails, everything. My mother taught me well, she was a paralegal and taught me to always keep everything. I still have it all too. He told me since I never posted anything that was not provable and backed up and was only about my business dealings that there was no case. No lawsuit ever came. It was just a threat. Some people like to throw it around to try and scare people who do not know about the law and the legal system. Since you did not post anything that is false then you have nothing to worry about.
Nicole

I would be very interested in having you post all those posts, pm's and e-mails on this site so we all could see and know what you talk about. I think it could be a big help in claryfing things.

Pawsitive Thinking
03-08-2007, 10:10 AM
I would be very interested in having you post all those posts, pm's and e-mails on this site so we all could see and know what you talk about. I think it could be a big help in claryfing things.

Could do with a laugh

Karen
03-08-2007, 10:13 AM

That might not be a good idea, if it was involved in someone threatening litigation in the first place. But if you had a question, maybe one of our Pet Talk law folks could answer it ... those who have had experience, or even our own Cataholic, though I don;t know what branch of law is her specialty!

Cataholic
03-08-2007, 10:21 AM
HAH! I might have missed THIS drama with BZ, but, I **knew** things were goofy with her way back when.

Kicks self for not having brought her laptop home with her last night!!!

DrKym
03-08-2007, 10:23 AM
Good Morning all,

I have contacted several lawyers in and around the shenendoah valley area, to clarify if slander is a sueable offense, I ahve been assured that if it had been spoken, it would, however as it wasn't and it was typed the correct venue, would be libel.

Libel would constitute falsities being posted (verifiable falsehoods typed with malice), not opinions, and that any verified fact that directly contradict, a persons position, and view, based on a falsehood. DO NOT constitute either.

Which is too bad as I was hoping to have a court house party, so I could finally meet Orc. I wanted to meet Mario also as he would be my star witness! :D

Applesmom,
you got an email?? I got my notice of the impending doom via MSN and Ceph!

Thank you all for kind words, and your thoughts on the thread.

Now I need to go take some new pics to post before I get yelled at for no new pics of the kittens and the new foster birds! :eek:

gini
03-08-2007, 10:38 AM
Dr. Goodnow - drop in Thursdays and I will buy you a large drink of your choice!

Cataholic
03-08-2007, 10:39 AM
DrGN, are you **really** serious that you consulted attorneys about this? LOL, were they laughing at you when you called? Can you really, really take any of this seriously? Can any of you? Man. I wish I had your lives! I worry about bills, about my job, about sickness in my family, **close** friends. I even worry about more grey hair! But, as I read this, and come to understand the claims/happenings, I cannot imagine taking this seriously. It is so super drama'ish, like grade school stuff. " She called me a name, I called so and so, and she said..."come on.

These are the people that are on my super, duper short list as contacts. Who wants the drama? Not when there really ARE things to get worked up over.

Cataholic
03-08-2007, 10:41 AM
That might not be a good idea, if it was involved in someone threatening litigation in the first place. But if you had a question, maybe one of our Pet Talk law folks could answer it ... those who have had experience, or even our own Cataholic, though I don;t know what branch of law is her specialty!

If ANY lawyer takes ANY of this stuff seriously, and truly moves forward with litigation, L.O.L. That attorney is fresh outta law school, bored outta their mind, or, insane.

Get your fee up front. :)

DrKym
03-08-2007, 10:46 AM
Johanna 20 minutes on the phone was worth it for the chuckles.

The first chuckle being the basis of the suit is wrong, second being the clarification of the terms, and an overview of Virginia Tort law.

Now it wouldn't have been due diligence, as according to all things posted by the ex-mamber EVERYTHING is different in Virginia :p not to have clafiried would it?

This isn't ;)

caseysmom
03-08-2007, 10:56 AM
If ANY lawyer takes ANY of this stuff seriously, and truly moves forward with litigation, L.O.L. That attorney is fresh outta law school, bored outta their mind, or, insane.

Get your fee up front. :)

There it is...the voice of reason and sanity :D

applesmom
03-08-2007, 11:07 AM
Applesmom,
you got an email?? I got my notice of the impending doom via MSN and Ceph!

I don't use MSN and I can't imagine why Ceph didn't warn me too. Unless my inclusion was an afterthought! ;)

NicoleLJ
03-08-2007, 11:19 AM

LOL You really think I will do that? I am not that stupid. Those posts and emails and such I will only show to mods if it is required. And they will be used in court also if the harassment continues.
Nicole

DrKym
03-08-2007, 11:26 AM
LOL You really think I will do that? I am not that stupid. Those posts and emails and such I will only show to mods if it is required. And they will be used in court also if the harassment continues.
Nicole

On this thread Niki you are not allowed to talk to mike!
her posts will be ignored as the bait that they are, don't rise to it.

Hugs
Kym

NicoleLJ
03-08-2007, 11:28 AM
On this thread Niki you are not allowed to talk to mike!
her posts will be ignored as the bait that they are, don't rise to it.

Hugs
Kym

IE IE Captian. lol I will not rise to the bait.
Nicole