PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #202-Bring your own dish

Killearn Kitties
03-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Well folks, in all the excitement, I believe we may just have forgotten to open the bar tonight! :eek: :eek: Now that's not good, because there is nothing like sitting round a big fire with friends, glass in hand and good food available. So very civilised, don't you think?

I've been far too busy today to cook, so this is a "bring your own" affair. I have a pot of chilli and a couple of bottles of red wine. Who wants to join me?

JenBKR
03-07-2007, 02:58 PM
I know that I don't normally frequent Thursdays, but I could sure use a drink today. I brought some taco dip (should go well with chilli). Now, how about some of that wine? :D

wolflady
03-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Yum! Did you say chilli and red wine! I'm so game for that! ;) I brought along some Ghirardelli dark chocolate, I'm sure it will go well with that red wine.

I started my new job and I think I'm really going to enjoy it. My boss seems cool too, so I'm feeling pretty good this week!

Cheers!

cassiesmom
03-07-2007, 02:59 PM
Barkeep, do you have any good, strong coffee? I've got a super-duper headache and I think caffeine will help. Hey, I'll go get some biscotti while you put a fresh pot on. That way, when I get back it will be just about done brewing.

Killearn Kitties
03-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Ooooooo, that taco dip sounds good! One glass of wine coming up!

We can sit by the fire and breath deeply. :D There used to be a juke box in this place. Haven't heard it played recently. What would you like Jen?

Killearn Kitties
03-07-2007, 03:02 PM
Oh oh oh ! Ghirardelli dark chocolate???? Bring it on! Glass of wine for you, Karen! :D

Oh yes Cassiesmom, we have fabulous coffee here - never heard of that helping with a headache though. I'll give you a glass of water too.

JenBKR
03-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Caffeine helps my headaches too - I also have some asprin if you want some. And I would love some dark chocolate too!!

hmm, for the jukebox.....do you have any 'Spice Girls' on there? You know which Spice Girls I mean ;)

DrKym
03-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Can I have a double Martini??

No chili for me thanks, I did bring a lamb stew though, and the sourdough to go with it :)

Killearn Kitties
03-07-2007, 03:10 PM
This is going to be a good buffet! A double martini for you DrGoodnow, would that be a classic martini or a chocolate?

Jen, I don't think the jukebox has any of the Spice Girls you are thinking of. And we certainly don't want to hear the other ones! :D

I was thinking of something mellow myself.

JenBKR
03-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Jen, I don't think the jukebox has any of the Spice Girls you are thinking of. And we certainly don't want to hear the other ones! :D

hmm, no cats screeching, eh? Ah well, maybe next time :D

DrKym
03-07-2007, 03:15 PM
This is going to be a good buffet! A double martini for you DrGoodnow, would that be a classic martini or a chocolate?

Classic please Vodka and extra olives........ ;)

Randi
03-07-2007, 03:17 PM
How nice to see you behind the Bar for once, Karen! :) Last week, I missed the chocolade Martini - I'd love to try one now! I'll put my feet up and hope someone will light the fireplace. :D

Killearn Kitties
03-07-2007, 03:24 PM
Oh you like to see me working for once, Randi? One of Don's recipe chocolate martinis for you. Enjoy!

Classic with extra olives, DrGoodnow.

Have those biscotti arrived back yet? I do like a good biscotti with my coffee.

DrKym
03-07-2007, 04:18 PM
*hiding biscotti behind back*

what biscotti? :p

gini
03-07-2007, 04:23 PM
I would be glad to bring a case of California holy water..........and if you like it, I can bring more. It does go well with scotch.

(sorry, Karen, I just had to do it................)

Killearn Kitties
03-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Excellent plan Gini! For those who don't like their scotch cask strength! :D :D

Mario can see those biscotti behind you Dr Goodnow. Somehow I don't see Richard as a biscotti man. I have a haggis here just for him if he comes out of the L&F.

Dorothy39
03-07-2007, 04:33 PM
Just coming in from the COLD weather for a place beside the fire~ (takes off silly Ruby Slippers :cool:

I've never had a Martini :eek: Nor a Biscotti either!!! :eek:

What have I got to lose~~~~~ ?? My, but this bar looks so splendid today!!!

HI PEOPLE!!!!

DrKym
03-07-2007, 04:46 PM
OHHHH Dottie, I love the slippers! Want to taste the martini? Karen is a very good tini maker :eek:

Mario foiled my plans again this week, he snatched the biscotti outta my hands.......silly monkey.

I think I may just have to light the fire, it is bgetting a bit chilly.

Killearn Kitties
03-07-2007, 04:46 PM
This IS a splendid place to be! You can have your martini, biscotti, and a seat by the fire - and all for nothing! Where else can you say that? :D

Edwina's Secretary
03-07-2007, 05:31 PM
I've got a taco casserole (the only thing I was capable of making for years....) KK...could I have a bottle of the red wine? I'll mix it with this lemonade....put in some orange slices and we can call it sangria.

Dorothy39
03-07-2007, 06:00 PM
This IS a splendid place to be! You can have your martini, biscotti, and a seat by the fire - and all for nothing! Where else can you say that? :D

No where else on this Earth!!! This Bar is the Greatest Place !!!! ( Hi Mario, yes, I know you stole the Biscotti away from me~ It doesn't matter~ You were there when it was served)

The Taco Cassarole smells reeeall good!!!

slick
03-07-2007, 06:05 PM
Please Karen, may I also have a vodka martini with extra olives??? Oh and Gini, I'll take some of that holy water. Maybe it will calm down some people around here.

Sorry, will have to grab and run. I'll check in later.

gini
03-07-2007, 06:13 PM
Well ES - you have outdone yourself with that taco casserole. The avocado on the top was so good.

Is it possible to have a pomegranate martini? I am pretty sure that there is nothing holy about them!

Whose cute red slippers are you wearing Mario? As always you look adorable - but what are your cheeks filled with? Hmmm smells like biscotti to me.

Marigold2
03-07-2007, 06:23 PM
Hi Everyone,

I brought some chocolate cream pie for dessert. Can someone pass me a mango magarita?

gini
03-07-2007, 06:55 PM
I am here to report to all of you that I felt it was time someone did something about the number of items being stored in our L/F. A quick accounting told me that the majority of the items belonged to Richard.

Therefore, I have called him and requested that he immediately come to the bar, collect these items and pay the past dues for storage. He was so honest - I suggested $3,475. and he quickly said he recalled the fee to be $3,875. Hey, it costs a lot to keep this place running smoothly.

He is filled with good news for himself personally - and promises to be back in the bar - taking care of his duties by our Thursdays Anniversary of #208 - FOUR YEARS.

He said to say hello to everyone, he's glad that he is missed and apologized but he is in the process of getting a new internet connection. This is the reason he has been away.

lizbud
03-07-2007, 07:09 PM
I am here to report to all of you that I felt it was time someone did something about the number of items being stored in our L/F. A quick accounting told me that the majority of the items belonged to Richard.

Therefore, I have called him and requested that he immediately come to the bar, collect these items and pay the past dues for storage. He was so honest - I suggested $3,475. and he quickly said he recalled the fee to be $3,875. Hey, it costs a lot to keep this place running smoothly.

He is filled with good news for himself personally - and promises to be back in the bar - taking care of his duties by our Thursdays Anniversary of #208 - FOUR YEARS.

He said to say hello to everyone, he's glad that he is missed and apologized but he is in the process of getting a new internet connection. This is the reason he has been away.

So great to hear that Richard has good news to share. :)

May I have some chilli & a cold beer please. Nothing to bring tonight but
my appetite, but I'd love to join ya. :)

Karen
03-07-2007, 07:46 PM
Oh good, glad to hear he's not just buried under a pile of L&F stuff back there! Thanks for making the call, Gini!

Hmmm, I have been dealing with more food allergies this week, but in here, all food is hypoallergenic. So ... um, pepperoni pizza, please?

And a large pot of chai is available for sharing. It's "feels like 7" here right now, which is a big improvement from yesterday's daytime "9 degrees but feels like -9 degrees!"

DrKym
03-07-2007, 07:52 PM
Well glad to here you are having a heat wave Karen!

Happier to hear I will soon have another Haggis eater to keep us company ;)
Looking forward to Richards return!!

Jas says he will definitely take some chai, he plans on dropping in after work :) , he is bringing the homemade mac&cheese :D

*gets a refill on the martini*

Marigold2
03-07-2007, 08:03 PM
It's so nice to just sit here and chat amoung friends.

DrKym
03-07-2007, 08:07 PM
It's so nice to just sit here and chat amoung friends.

It is lovely isn't it?

i am knitting this afghan for Ladys Human for when he arrives, to keep Orcs batteries warm LOL

cyber-sibes
03-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Hello Hello! A friend took me to dinner aat a lovely Italian restaurant & I've brought back a piping hot rosemary foccacia & some herbed olive oil for dipping - should be perfect with that chili! Is there still some chai and biscotti around?

Kfamr
03-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Mmmmm.. Can I have a big cup of hot, hot chai?? My favorite!

I've got some homemade Beef Vegetable soup for everyone!

DrKym
03-07-2007, 08:58 PM
OHHH the soup and some of Pams bread sound yummy!

Where is Mario? we could use another log on that fire :p

Lady's Human
03-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Mario, Here, give that to Orc and GIVE ME THAT REMOTE!!!

Lady, go curl up, pup.

How about I run down to Aiellos (Local Italian, and I mean ITALIAN) restaurant and pick up some calzones?

DrKym
03-07-2007, 09:03 PM
How many virtual hips will I get from those??? :eek:

NONE? then off with you!! before the weather turns bad! :p

Karen
03-07-2007, 09:09 PM
Plenty of chai to share - just the smell of it warms me! And I WILL have some beef stew, thank you! I do so miss soup in real life. Stupid food allergies!

Lady's Human
03-07-2007, 09:09 PM
As long as we're having Zero-Calorie italian, How about a tray of Tiramasu? (Made fresh daily by Vinny's mama, and no, I'm not kidding)

Mario, Orc, Lady, we need to chat. Geez, ya leave for a couple weeks and the place goes to HECK!

cassiesmom
03-07-2007, 09:11 PM
Mario - would you top off my coffee, please. I drank it earlier, and took some acetaminophen, and my headache was much better. But now it's back. Here, I brought more biscotti because more patrons have arrived. No, not decaf, please - I need the real deal. Just top it off, that great big mug right there. Lady, you can curl up right here next to me if you like. I'll pet you and I'm sure that will help my headache, too. Gosh, those calzones smell good.

slick
03-07-2007, 09:12 PM
He is filled with good news for himself personally Bet he's got a girlfriend................... :cool: ;)

lbaker
03-08-2007, 07:00 AM
A girlfriend?? Now I'm jealous and will have to make my presence know. Well, presents? OK OK.. food is good, what's your fav Richard? Crab cakes? You name it buddy. Oh geez Slick and Gini ~ crab cakes enough for my two best friends too. If we're going to share then it will have to be crab balls, cakes take sooo much jumbo lump crab meat :rolleyes: Haven't been here for awhile so my treat for everyone ;)

ps: thanks Gini ;)

Maresche
03-08-2007, 07:06 AM
I've got a new pot of Tomato tortellinni soup to share and homemade sour dough and chocolate chip banana muffins. Help yourselves!

Any chance I could swipe one of those calzones when they are ready? I adore calzones, especially when they are done well.

lbaker
03-08-2007, 07:25 AM
I personally have never had anything at Thursdays that HASN'T been done well :D

Killearn Kitties
03-08-2007, 07:32 AM
Oooooo, more food! Sounds awful good. Crab cakes or balls over here please Laurie! Don't you go looking for a fight with any new girlfriends now! This is a peaceful bar.

Don't think I have ever had tomato tortellinni soup, but it sounds perfect for lunch!

cyber-sibes
03-08-2007, 10:21 AM
He is filled with good news for himself personally - and promises to be back in the bar - taking care of his duties by our Thursdays Anniversary of #208 - FOUR YEARS. ...He said to say hello to everyone, he's glad that he is missed and apologized but he is in the process of getting a new internet connection. This is the reason he has been away....I kind of liked the "new girlfriend" rumor ;) as to why Richard has been away!
So when is this 4-yr. Anniversary? Is it now? I've only been coming around for a few months...don't know what took me so long :confused: . The food here (and the company) is absolutely wonderful! But if it's an anniversary, I want to post an appropriatly celebratory something.

Killearn Kitties
03-08-2007, 10:32 AM
It's a few weeks away yet! We have plenty of time to get in the party poppers, streamers, balloons, silly string, and restock the juke box with our all-time party faves! :D :D

RedHedd
03-08-2007, 10:33 AM
I'll take some soup and a blanky and curl up by the fire. I'm nursing yet another cold or something. I HATE being sick, especially when the sun is shining outside! YUCK! :(

Killearn Kitties
03-08-2007, 10:36 AM
Oh no! I was wondering where you were. One blanket, one fire and one bowl of soup coming up. Hope that all does the trick for you.

DrKym
03-08-2007, 10:41 AM
MMMMmm nummy smells, Just a large coffee for me and is there any left over calzone?? cold calzone for breakfast sounds delightful!!

MARIO give Rusty back his teddy bear! he will whine all day with out it! :eek:

gini
03-08-2007, 10:55 AM
I dropped by just to buy Dr. Goodnow a large drink of her choice. Heck - she can have anything she wants all day - I'll pay!

You know, in all of these (almost) four years that Thursdays has been open, I thought for sure we would be banned. But in all of this time we have never even had a good old fashioned (like in the old westerns) brawl. No down on the floor - pin his (or her) head against the foot rail............and punch out their lights.

Nope, we manage to come here - bring great food, serve the best drinks of any type, stoke up the fire, fluff up the cushions on the sofa that seats 35 and behave ourselves. Who woulda thunk it?

Well, Richard didn't mention a girlfriend - but I would wish him a nice girlfriend - he would treat her right.

And now I would like to raise my glass to INTEGRITY.

Just look at Mario - he is running around looking for Integrity. He thinks it is a new friend for him at the bar:D

DrKym
03-08-2007, 11:05 AM
Thank Gini!
I will be drinking harder later when I can stop snarfing my drinks all over the keyboard. :p

Glad Mario is looking for Integrity, that way Rusty can have his bear back! silly dobermann goes no where with out his bear :rolleyes:

wolflady
03-08-2007, 11:19 AM
...And now I would like to raise my glass to INTEGRITY.
... :D

HEAR! HEAR!

I just cannot believe the drama that has ensued. :eek:

Bless your heart, Dr. Goodnow...we're all here for you. Sorry you got pulled into this mess.

Here is a shirt for everyone at Thursdays today! *giggle*

http://i21.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/8d/9f/28cc_1.JPG

DrKym
03-08-2007, 11:22 AM
WOOOOOOOOOT
LOVE the shirt....................is going to have mine emblazoned with the name of the biggest one on the back *giggles* like football jerseys carry players names!

Oh man Coffee on the keyboard AGAIN :eek:

Killearn Kitties
03-08-2007, 11:29 AM
You know, in all of these (almost) four years that Thursdays has been open, I thought for sure we would be banned. But in all of this time we have never even had a good old fashioned (like in the old westerns) brawl. No down on the floor - pin his (or her) head against the foot rail............and punch out their lights.
I think that is because of Richard's highly sensible rule that you leave your attitude at the door. OMG did I just call Richard sensible? Get up RedHedd, I need to lie down.

Freebies this week? It just gets better and better in here!

gini
03-08-2007, 11:29 AM
DRAMO-O-RAMA that's what my niece calls these events.

cassiesmom
03-08-2007, 11:30 AM
Mario, my headache is still hanging around, and I'm starting to think it might not be a tension headache but a migraine - Could you top up my java again, please. I just took some acetaminophen. Lady pup, curl up over here by me and I'll pet you -- I'm sure that will help, too.

RedHedd
03-08-2007, 01:26 PM
Get up RedHedd, I need to lie down. Is that anyway to treat a sick person? I'll just take my blanky and cup-o-soup and shuffle off back to bed :p Mario, care to share that teddy bear?

Guess I missed the drama - I'm not feeling up to digging around on the boards for dirt. I think that's a good thing. ;) Although that T-shirt does look comfy! :cool:

davidpizzica
03-08-2007, 01:41 PM
Hi, Karen! Sorry I'm late to the bar. You'e doing a fine job pitch-hitting for RICHARD. Could I have a big irish coffee and some left-overs (if there is some left!). Let me get the fire stoked up again then everyone will be comfy again. Three days until I get my new car!!

Killearn Kitties
03-08-2007, 01:46 PM
It's OK RedHedd, you lie back down again. I've recovered. I have to go and fetch David's Irish coffee anyway. Can't make a dented man wait too long.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-08-2007, 01:49 PM
moff runs in*
Hey everyone .... oo ... wait a second, I'm having a senior moment and forgot what I was saying .... oh, now I remember; there is a thread in General wanting chili recipies. I figured there has to be some good ones hiding out here. My own is just a can of chili with cheese in it, so that wouldn't qualify. :D

moff grabes a cherry vanilla coke and runs out the door. :D

lbaker
03-08-2007, 01:52 PM
Karen, did you just call David demented?? OH, "dented" nevermind :o I know what you need for that cold RedHedd, some crispy prawns with walnuts! Spicy! I know just the Chinese joint to get some too ;) The best chili I have EVER tasted was made at Gini's by our very own Slick. Now THAT'S chili. Not exactly quick and easy but worth every step and every minute. Absolutely the best ~

Blue_Frog
03-08-2007, 02:05 PM
I've got a bottle of 18yo single malt DUTYFREE scotch that i picked up on my way back from Dallas yesterday, and can pass around for anyone interested ;)

If only I could have snuck some into work today *lol* oh well!

... maybe just a coffee instead for me for now, or a mocha!

RedHedd
03-08-2007, 02:21 PM
I know what you need for that cold RedHedd, some crispy prawns with walnuts! Spicy! I know just the Chinese joint to get some too ;) I'm on the phone placing an order to have them deliver some wonton soup. I love that place! ;)

So I see you got home ok - Did the Tuesday connecting flight thingie work for you? Glad to see you back here.

Killearn Kitties
03-08-2007, 02:26 PM
I've got a bottle of 18yo single malt DUTYFREE scotch
What area is it from then? Randi knows people going on a Whisky tour soon. Maybe they will be visiting the distillery and can stock up the bar for us.

Karen
03-08-2007, 02:27 PM
Is that anyway to treat a sick person? I'll just take my blanky and cup-o-soup and shuffle off back to bed :p Mario, care to share that teddy bear?

Tell you what, I'll send Lady over to snuggle you - she's a good warm comfort pup.

The only place I could eat chilli now is in here, as I am allergic to the beef, beans and peppers in the real world.

Let's make a big old batch of chilli - and everyone can add their own amount of hot peppers, I have shredded cheese for the top ...

Anyone wanna make cornbread to go with?

cassiesmom
03-08-2007, 02:30 PM
Karen, Lady has been sitting over here with me. Petting her has been very good for my headache. Lady's Human told her to "curl up, pup" yesterday and I invited her to curl up by me. I hope she will help RedHedd feel better too. My headache is much better, by the way, Mario - thank you for the coffee. See you next week, everyone.

lbaker
03-08-2007, 02:49 PM
I've been told I make great cornbread Ms Mayor, allow me. I don't like it too sweet or "cakey". It needs to have some real texture to it (just my personal preference).

Blue_Frog
03-08-2007, 02:51 PM
What area is it from then? Randi knows people going on a Whisky tour soon. Maybe they will be visiting the distillery and can stock up the bar for us.
I'll double check the bottle tonite and let you know!
I'd loveeee to go on a whisky / scotch tour! Something do to if ever i make it across the ocean one of these days :D

smokey the elder
03-08-2007, 04:02 PM
It's going to go down to -5 deg F tonight! I think a Bailey's and coffee would hit the spot.

Killearn Kitties
03-08-2007, 04:05 PM
:eek: Coffee and Baileys sounds ideal then. Coming up!
Are you babysitting any exciting experiments this week?

DrKym
03-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Whew the work part of the day is over!!

How about a nice whiskey and water please? I did drop by the pizzareia and brought some BBQ chicken pizza, and swung over to the deli for those amazing Pastrami and ryes they have! hope you all enjoy!

ahhhhhhhh sits on the couch and looks around for Rusty he is never far from that silly purple teddy bear........................

Lady'sOtherHuman
03-08-2007, 05:40 PM
As long as we're having Zero-Calorie italian, How about a tray of Tiramasu? (Made fresh daily by Vinny's mama, and no, I'm not kidding)

Mario, Orc, Lady, we need to chat. Geez, ya leave for a couple weeks and the place goes to HECK!

I want some! Is there any left? I hope so! You know how much I love Tiramasu! Not that the calzones wouldn't be bad either!

Killearn Kitties
03-08-2007, 05:55 PM
Do you want ordinary water or Gini's special water in that whisky Dr.Goodnow. :D You can have your choice after you brought all that food.

Food never wastes in here Lady'sotherhuman. The tiramisu is as fresh and calorie-free as the day it was made. Enjoy!

The hypoallergenic orange kitten must be getting quite big by now. Is he with Richard?

DrKym
03-08-2007, 05:58 PM
Gee Karen, not sure if I chance the holy water.......................maybe just plain ol tap water? ;)

RedHedd
03-08-2007, 06:52 PM
Mishi and Mitzi have been my little nurses all day. I'm still not feeling too great. Perhaps a huge bowl of chicken soup will help, with some cat hair thrown in for good measure.

gini
03-08-2007, 11:34 PM
Aw Red - I sure hope you are feeling better by now.

Let me get someone to bring in more wood for the fire - and I will tuck in your blankets so you stay nice and warm. Go ahead - fall asleep - no one will bother you (well, there is Mario who likes to look up people's noses).

I'll sit here at the other end of the sofa - it has been a long day - and I am happy to relax a bit. Coffee and Bailey's - sure sounds good.

Dr G - I think you are safe with the tap water - that holy stuff soaks up the sins so fast it starts to look murky pretty quick.

That Laurie - she's in - and then she's out - never can catch her here at the same time I am. Guess it's my turn to give her a call.

KK - you are doing a great job this week.............it's hardwork isn't it?

Killearn Kitties
03-09-2007, 04:13 PM
KK - you are doing a great job this week.............it's hardwork isn't it?
You're not kidding! I slept for nearly 24 hours there! :o

Bit quiet in here for a Friday night is it not? Where is everybody?

davidpizzica
03-09-2007, 04:48 PM
Karen, I'm here! Let's get some coffee going and some tunes on the jukebox. Any left-over food that Mario didn't eat up already? Mario! you've been into the jar of cherries again, silly boy! No, my shirt isn't a towel!

Killearn Kitties
03-09-2007, 05:26 PM
Good plan, David! I think there is some calzone left. Good choice for a Friday night, I think. How are the old dents doing?

what's on the juke box tonight?

davidpizzica
03-09-2007, 05:47 PM
Good plan, David! I think there is some calzone left. Good choice for a Friday night, I think. How are the old dents doing?

what's on the juke box tonight?
Karen, the dents are slowly being bent back into shape. I still have to watch when I sneeze because it's still shakes the ribs when that happens! I feel like a kid at Christmas who can't wait to open his present. I should get the new car on monday. I can e-mail a picture of it to you if you want. BTW, I have some 50's oldies in the jukebox if you want to listen to them.

DrKym
03-09-2007, 06:28 PM
Mario, where did Karen go? I know she didn't leave you behind that bar all alone!

David 50s is good! Need the happy tunes today.long day, since the 50s are playing how about a spiked milkshake of some sort? MMMMMMMMM and huge greasy cheesburger and crispy fries..............

No Mario I am not falling for that trick with the ketchup again, silly monkey :rolleyes:

cyber-sibes
03-09-2007, 06:31 PM
Bit quiet in here for a Friday night is it not? Where is everybody?It's been a long week at PT, controversy is exhausting. I was noticing how much calmer it is around here the past couple days :) No big dramas, just little ones. I could use some caffine, and no, Mario, you do not need any caffine, your energetic enough! How bout playing some of those oldies? Maybe something Mario can do the "monkey" to? ;)

davidpizzica
03-09-2007, 06:39 PM
Mario, where did Karen go? I know she didn't leave you behind that bar all alone!

David 50s is good! Need the happy tunes today.long day, since the 50s are playing how about a spiked milkshake of some sort? MMMMMMMMM and huge greasy cheesburger and crispy fries..............

No Mario I am not falling for that trick with the ketchup again, silly monkey :rolleyes:
Kym, I'll see what I can rustle up behind the bar here. I'm creating the greasiest hamburger and a pile of fries just for you. I'll see if I can get a spiked chocolate shake!

DrKym
03-09-2007, 07:11 PM
Kym, I'll see what I can rustle up behind the bar here. I'm creating the greasiest hamburger and a pile of fries just for you. I'll see if I can get a spiked chocolate shake!

OH YUMMMY david thanks so much!!

I am so happy about your new car hun, must seems like months without wheels for ya eh?

Hugs!

Lilith Cherry
03-10-2007, 02:12 AM
I just made a blueberry cheesecake so if I bring that can I join you all?
It is a little chilly here today so may I have a brandy with hot water and some crystalised ginger and syrup please?

Killearn Kitties
03-10-2007, 04:58 AM
Oh, where is the proper barkeep when such a hard order comes in! :D Is that some of the syrup from the crystalised ginger that I put in here? Sounds great, and smells good too. Does that drink have a name, or is it your own concoction? It sounds just the thing to keep the cold out.

Welcome to you and your blueberry cheesecake. Lilith. I think they will very shortly be queing up for a slice of that. Have you been here before? Do you know about the one clean joke and you get life membership rule?

I hope everyone is fit and healthy this Saturday, and poor RedHedd is on the mend. It's one thing being ill during the week, but at the weekend, it's really not on.

Glad to see that you were serving everybody spiked chocolate milkshakes last night David! I thought that I had wandered into a burger bag for a minute there! No wonder MOFF had difficulty finding us last week!

davidpizzica
03-10-2007, 05:55 AM
Oh, where is the proper barkeep when such a hard order comes in! :D Is that some of the syrup from the crystalised ginger that I put in here? Sounds great, and smells good too. Does that drink have a name, or is it your own concoction? It sounds just the thing to keep the cold out.

Welcome to you and your blueberry cheesecake. Lilith. I think they will very shortly be queing up for a slice of that. Have you been here before? Do you know about the one clean joke and you get life membership rule?

I hope everyone is fit and healthy this Saturday, and poor RedHedd is on the mend. It's one thing being ill during the week, but at the weekend, it's really not on.

Glad to see that you were serving everybody spiked chocolate milkshakes last night David! I thought that I had wandered into a burger bag for a minute there! No wonder MOFF had difficulty finding us last week!
Well they WERE good milkshakes! Karen, a slice of Lilith's blueberry cheesecake really would hit the spot this morning! I'll get the coffee perking and get Orc to bring in more firewood. Redhedd is sleeping in the recliner by the embers.

gini
03-10-2007, 09:34 AM
Blueberry cheesecake? Oh my, girlfriend, come over here and sit by me - oh what? a joke? Hey, we will get to that later.

I will make a big fresh pot of french roast coffee for everyone and then check on RedHedd to see how she is doing.

Oh look, Mario is all snuggled in with her and they are sleeping away.
I hope she feels better.

RedHedd
03-10-2007, 10:26 AM
I'm up! I'm up! :D The sun is out and I'm FINALLY feeling a bit better. Some of that crystalized ginger drink sounds good though, my throat is still a bit scratchy.

Pawsitive Thinking
03-12-2007, 08:35 AM
Can I bring Johnny Depp? (he is a bit of a dish....)

Killearn Kitties
03-12-2007, 08:47 AM
Glad you are feeling better RedHedd!

Well you can bring him if you like Denise, but do you have enough to go round?

cyber-sibes
03-12-2007, 08:54 AM
Can I bring Johnny Depp? (he is a bit of a dish....)Only if there's enough of him to go around! (snickers) Mmm, that fresh coffee smells GOOD! Think I'll have a cup and a piece of that scrumptious blueberry cheescake - that's a good breakfast food, right?

*edit* OH! I must have been posting at the same time as Killearn Kitties posted! Well, you know what they say...great minds think alike! ;)

Killearn Kitties
03-12-2007, 09:05 AM
:D Now that would create a REALLY big queue at the bar!

I'm sure blueberry cheesecake is a breakfast food. You always see cheese on breakfast buffets. Good coffee coming up!

Edwina's Secretary
03-12-2007, 10:41 AM
To make blueberry cheesecake a PROPER breakfast, I believe you need to drizzle some melted dark chocolate over it. Rounds out the food groups...

gini
03-12-2007, 11:46 AM
To make blueberry cheesecaka a PROPER breakfast, I believe you need to drizzle some melted dark chocolate over it. Rounds out the food groups...

That isn't all it "rounds out":D

davidpizzica
03-12-2007, 12:39 PM
Blueberry cheesecake & coffee sound great to me right now. That cheesecake will give someone a well rounded figure!

momoffuzzyfaces
03-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Hey, Gini!!! I saw some green Peeps today!!! AND some blue Peeps. The little buggers are multiplying faster than you can microwave or eat them!!!

Could I have a cheeseburger? :D

cyber-sibes
03-12-2007, 01:37 PM
That isn't all it "rounds out":Dhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/cyber-sibes/blinkies/shhhh.gif Shhhhhhh! Not here at Thursdays! Bite your tongue, woman!

momoffuzzyfaces
03-12-2007, 02:12 PM
Oh, and don't forget the Lavender peeps and the Yellow Peeps!!! :D

gini
03-12-2007, 02:30 PM
MOFF ARE YOU STIRRING UP TROUBLE AGAIN MY TUMMY IS STARTING TO HURT!:D

momoffuzzyfaces
03-12-2007, 03:39 PM
MOFF ARE YOU STIRRING UP TROUBLE AGAIN MY TUMMY IS STARTING TO HURT!:D
Well, no wonder it hurts!!!!
Looks like you are eating all the colors of peeps at one time!!! The colors are probably fighting in your tummy!!! I must say, you do look colorful though!!! :D

RedHedd
03-12-2007, 08:44 PM
To make blueberry cheesecake a PROPER breakfast, I believe you need to drizzle some melted dark chocolate over it. Rounds out the food groups... Well, since it's Daylight Savings' Time and my body clock is all cattywhompus (sp?) :rolleyes: May I have that for dinner?

RedHedd
03-12-2007, 08:48 PM
MOFF ARE YOU STIRRING UP TROUBLE AGAIN MY TUMMY IS STARTING TO HURT!:D and now they have sugar-free peeps! So we won't get quite as round ..... :D

Peep Peep Peep Peep Peep Peep Peep Peep

lizbud
03-13-2007, 06:44 PM
Anyone think this will put the bar tender out of work here? A fridge that
throws you a beer. :)

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2935282

gini
03-13-2007, 07:14 PM
Anyone think this will put the bar tender out of work here? A fridge that
throws you a beer. :)

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2935282

No, but now the little wife can get a divorce guilt free - knowing her ex
will be well taken care of during those long games:D

Sorry, it is just the first thing that came to my crazy mind.

davidpizzica
03-13-2007, 07:15 PM
It might! Please don't show it to RICHARD!!

Lady's Human
03-13-2007, 07:28 PM
Sugar free Peeps? :mad:
THAT is an abomination!!!!

Destroy them!

Impostors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slick
03-13-2007, 07:43 PM
Oh my, just look at Mz Gini. She's lying on the floor groaning and clutching her tummy. Must have been all of those peeps!!!! That'll teach ya, Gini. All those little peeps just calling your name....no need to answer all of them at once. ;)

I need a tall BM please. Word has it that there is another shakeup happening at work here. I just hope I'm not on the "hit" list.

Did I tell you guys there is a salt water aquarium in my office? I share an office with my assistant and he set it up. Right now there are only two hermit crabs named Bert and Ernie. Fishies will be coming later when the water is just right. I can hardly wait. :cool:

Lilith Cherry
03-13-2007, 11:55 PM
Okay here is my Joke... I brought another cheesecake too; this trime it is strawberry with a dark chocolate base .. mmmm ( and yes the ginger drink is my invention and uses the syrup from the ginger jar.)

Be prepared to laugh.......................

Next time you have a bad day at work...think of this guy. Rob is a commercial saturation diver for Global Divers in Louisiana. He performs underwater repairs on offshore drilling rigs.

Below is an E-mail he sent to his sister. She then sent it to The X103.2

on your FM dial in Ft Wayne IN, who was sponsoring a "worst job experience" contest.

Needless to say, it won.

Hi Sue,

Just another note from your bottom-dwelling brother. Last week I had a bad day at the office. I know you've been feeling down lately at work, so I thought I would share my dilemma with you to make you realize it's not so bad after all.

Before I can tell you what happened to me, I first must bore you with a few technicalities of my job. As you know, my office lies at the
bottom of the sea. I wear a suit to the office. It's a wetsuit. This time of year the water is quite cool. So what we do to keep warm is this: We have a diesel powered industrial water heater. This $20,000 piece of equipment sucks the water out of the sea. It heats it to a delightful temperature. It then pumps it down to the diver through a garden hose,which is taped to the air hose.

Now this sounds like a darn good plan, and I've used it several times with no complaints. What I do, when I get to the bottom and start working, is take the hose and stuff it down the back of my wetsuit. This floods my whole suit with warm water. It's like working in a Jacuzzi.

Everything was going well until all of a sudden, my butt started to itch. So, of course, I scratched it. This only made things worse. Within a few seconds my butt started to burn. I pulled the hose out from my back, but the damage was done. In agony I realized what had happened. The hot water machine had sucked up a jellyfish and pumped it into my suit. Now since I don't have any hair on my back, the jellyfish couldn't stick to it. However, the crack of my butt was not as fortunate.

When I scratched what I thought was an itch, I was actually grinding the jellyfish into my butt. I informed the dive supervisor of my dilemma over the communicator. His instructions were unclear due to the fact that he, along with 5 other divers, were all laughing hysterically.

Needless to say I aborted the dive. I was instructed to make 3 agonizing in-water decompression stops totaling 35 minutes before I could reach the surface to begin my chamber dry decompression.

When I arrived at the surface, I was wearing nothing but my brass helmet. As I climbed out of the water, the medic, with tears of laughter running down his face, handed me a tube of cream and told me to rub it on my butt as soon as I got in the chamber.

The cream put the fire out, but I couldn't poop for 2 days because my butt hole was swollen shut. So, next time you're having a bad day at work, think about how much worse it would be if you had a jellyfish shoved up your butt.

Now repeat to yourself, "I love my job, I love my job, I love my job..."

davidpizzica
03-14-2007, 12:15 AM
Lilith, thanks for the strawberry cheesecake. Talk about unusual occupational hazards. I'm glad I work on dry land and I don't have worry about jellyfish! It was embarrasing, but hilarious!

Killearn Kitties
03-14-2007, 04:26 AM
Oh it was all go in here overnight (for me)! More cheesecake? Mmmmmmm thanks Lilith. Excellent idea to incorporate the chocolate in the base this time, so that Edwina's Secretary doesn't have to break in to her secret supply to balance our diet.The joke was one of the better ones that has been told! :D

I've never actually met a peep, but they certainly sound like they should rot your teeth almost instantly. Will Gini be OK do you think? Perhaps some strawberry cheesecake might help?

Oh that fridge! Never mind keeping it quiet from RICHARD, just don't tell Mario or orc! :eek:

davidpizzica
03-14-2007, 04:43 AM
Karen, let me get a pot of coffee going to go with that delicious cheesecake. I'll get Orc to bring n firewood (this being a cyber bar there's an enless supply!) for the fire. I think I found a case ofd Bailey's under the bar, too!

cyber-sibes
03-14-2007, 10:48 AM
:D OMG, ROTFLMAO! :D I think I can handle a piece of that delicious cheescake and a cup of coffee, just as soon as I stop laughing! :D
I do love my job...I do love my job...I do love my job...

I brought some delicious raspberry tea, and some homemade raisin scones, too.

I've been working on a recipe for Peep Soup, but they keep melting away! Maybe I should just float them like croutons? :confused:

cassiesmom
03-14-2007, 05:51 PM
Hey, wait! It's next week already! I like it! Barkeep, may I change my drink request? Could I have cafe au lait with a Peep floating atop? Between the caffeine and the sugar, that should keep me awake all the way to Thursday #204! What? I can't? Sure I can! You fix the cafe au lait and I'll figure out a way to make the durned thing float.

davidpizzica
03-14-2007, 07:51 PM
Barkeep, could I have a plateful of peeps? I can use the energy to go the next thursdays!