PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday was the best day EVER *PICTURES ADDED*

sparks19
03-07-2007, 12:02 PM
Woohoo What a wonderful day it was yesterday.

I had my first ultrasound. They think I might be farther along than I thought... but only by a week. We will know for sure on the 19th.

it was SO cool. We didn't get to hear the heartbeat because it was too quiet but the heart rate was 187 beats per minute and we could see it beating on the screen.

The baby was also being VERY active. it was so neat to watch it's little arms move about. They were having a tough time getting a picture that had both the head and legs in it so we got a couple that are head, back and arms. Then right at the last second when theyw ere giving us ONE last look... there it was... head, legs and all. So she snapped the picture.

I will post the ultrasound photo later on when hubby gets it scanned.

After such a wonderful experience we were flying high..... only to come home and find an interesting envelope in the mail.

A notice saying that hubby's ex wife has remarried and he no longer has to pay her another dime. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY. That is an extra $600 bucks a month in our pockets.

We are on cloud nine right now and we will definately be going out to celebrate this weekend :D

But on a sad note :(

I lost my wedding ring. I have no idea where it might have fallen off. it was a little big because I have lost a few pounds so it must have just slipped right off my finger. I am very sad and feel naked without it. But hubby says we will get a new one this weekend if we can't find my other one.

EDIT:

This is the best picture
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/sparks1919/TanyaBaby1.jpg

And here are two more
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/sparks1919/TanyaBaby2.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/sparks1919/TanyaBaby3.jpg

sparks19
03-07-2007, 12:33 PM
I FOUND IT I FOUND IT I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

I called the pregnancy clinic and asked if they perhaps had come across my ring. the receptionist said she would look around and boy did she ever. She even put on some gloves and looked through the garbage from the bathroom and there it was. I must have pulled it off when I was washing and drying my hands because she said it was in a pile of paper towels.

OH I am so happy and relieved that they found it. I was so upset that I had lost it.

caseysmom
03-07-2007, 12:38 PM
So did you find out if you are having a boy or a girl? Or maybe you don't want to know.

How exciting!

sparks19
03-07-2007, 12:42 PM
So did you find out if you are having a boy or a girl? Or maybe you don't want to know.

How exciting!

it's too early to tell.... but I told them to not even ask me because I dont want to know LOL. If they ask I am afraid I will cave in and not be able to control myself and need to know lol.

Although a friend keeps telling me that if I do find out... not to tell anyone because then they will buy sex specific stuff for the baby and if the second child is of the opposite sex then I will have to start all over again.... If I get just unisex stuff I will be set for future babies lol.

Puckstop31
03-07-2007, 01:08 PM
What an amazing experience this was yesterday. The baby was very active, swimming around and such. The heartbeat was very visible.

Also and of course (being a Ice Hockey Goalie...), at one point it looked like the baby made a quick upward motion with it's left hand. Naturally I said "wow, look at that quick glove hand!!!!"

:D

sparks19
03-07-2007, 01:10 PM
What an amazing experience this was yesterday. The baby was very active, swimming around and such. The heartbeat was very visible.

Also and of course (being a Ice Hockey Goalie...), at one point it looked like the baby made a quick upward motion with it's left hand. Naturally I said "wow, look at that quick glove hand!!!!"

:D

HA and you guys say having a baby without insurance is expensive.... LOL ;)

Honey, you will have to get a second job if you want another little goalie LOL. You of all people should know THAT equipment does not come cheap LOL

caseysmom
I am so happy for both of you. Parenthood can be the hardest yet most rewarding experience of your life. This time when the baby is growing inside of you is so special.

Karen
That's so cool, thanks for sharing with us! :) What a great day, and that she went through everything to find your ring - you owe that lady cookies or something! :)

Puckstop31
03-07-2007, 01:14 PM
HA and you guys say having a baby without insurance is expensive.... LOL ;)

Honey, you will have to get a second job if you want another little goalie LOL. You of all people should know THAT equipment does not come cheap LOL

LOL... My gear was only...errr...$3000 or so, plus tape, sticks...

Dang it I hate it when you are right. LOL

But, you know what I say. Short of the joys of my salvation and my family, the best feeling in the world is watching the other guy skating away, shaking his head and cursing under his breath, with the puck in my trapper.

:p :cool:

sparks19
03-07-2007, 01:17 PM
That's so cool, thanks for sharing with us! :) What a great day, and that she went through everything to find your ring - you owe that lady cookies or something! :)

Tell me about it. I was so relieved and I couldn't believe she went through the garbage to find it. We owe that whole clinic cookies or at least something nice. They really were wonderful.

it is a learning facility for nurses (they have to do 100 ultrasounds before they can do it on their own) so it is a non profit organization and they run on donations only. We gave them a donation of course. but they were so great.... very friendly and they seemed just as excited as we were and they really worked hard to get us that perfect picture.

It is so exciting to be into THIS part of the pregnancy. I am pretty much over the morning sickness and now I am really starting to enjoy it.

Caseysmom, I am reading a book called "secrets of the baby whisperer" and it's all about reading your babies cries to know what your baby needs and such. it's a great book but that was the first thing it said.... that at first it is all take and no give on the baby's part at first (obviously) but it will be so rewarding for the rest of your life as you watch that child grow up. we are so excited

Sirrahsim
03-07-2007, 01:24 PM
A heart rate up that high just screams I'M A GIRL!! :D only if you believe in that sort of thing though :rolleyes: According to some people it is an old wives tale but my son's heart rate was nice and slow so we'll see :D :D I can't imagine waiting!! They couldn't tell at my 18 week u/s and I came close to having a hissy fit :rolleyes: Thankfully I'm going in for a fancy 3D scan on the 17th and will know then!! Good luck holding off until the birth :)

One thing about the books... They are great and informative and all that, but take everything that you read with a grain of salt. I would have gone CRAZY if I had followed the What To Expect books to the letter! At some point you have to trust your instincts as well :)

My Peanuts
03-07-2007, 01:32 PM
So awesome!! Those are very clear ultra sounds.

All you pregos are making me so jealous! I'm going to my cousin's baby shower in a couple of weeks and I'm so jealous! :) :D My cousin younger than me and got married first and now preganat first. Who would have thought at 26 my biological clock would be ticking this loud ;)

sparks19
03-07-2007, 02:31 PM
A heart rate up that high just screams I'M A GIRL!! :D only if you believe in that sort of thing though :rolleyes: According to some people it is an old wives tale but my son's heart rate was nice and slow so we'll see :D :D I can't imagine waiting!! They couldn't tell at my 18 week u/s and I came close to having a hissy fit :rolleyes: Thankfully I'm going in for a fancy 3D scan on the 17th and will know then!! Good luck holding off until the birth :)

One thing about the books... They are great and informative and all that, but take everything that you read with a grain of salt. I would have gone CRAZY if I had followed the What To Expect books to the letter! At some point you have to trust your instincts as well :)

LOl I have never heard that about the heart rate. My mom says it must be a girl because with my brother she said she honestly thought he was going to be still born because he NEVER moved.... and the Drs say that they should kick a certain amount each day and she said she was lucky if he kicked once a day. He was born happy and healthy and was always a very quiet baby. but with me... I was ALWAYS moving.... one of her friends was even going to take her to the hospital one night because I was kicking so much and you could just see her maternity shirt bouncing all over the place. of course my mom was experiencing some major discomfort during this particular kicking frenzy and her friend was SURE she was going into labour LOL.

My mom laughs at me when I say that I don't want to find out. She says that is wonderful... BUT... she knows what i am like at Christmas time waiting to find out what my presents are (I am unbearable.... we actually opened our gifts two days before christmas this year because I just couldn't take it anymore) so she says we will see how long I last not knowing LOL.

this particular book we got from some friends who just had a baby in November (their first child as well) and she said that book was a god send to her. she said it was the only book she read that actually gave her information she could actually use and interpret into real life. it's not so much about how to parent a child properly but more so about how to determine what type of personality your baby has and how to balance out time with your child and time for yourself. It's the only book I have read so far and it's actually an interesting read. But even that book says that you can't take books completely literally because every baby is different... you just have to learn how to incorporate what you read with what kind of baby you have and then go from there.

My peanuts.... we are so pleased with how clear they are... especially this early in the pregnancy. I can't really say my biological clock was really ticking loud enough for me to hear it.... when I found out I was pregnant I was like :eek: I'm not sure i want this to happen right now.... but now I couldn't be more thrilled and excited LOL.

caseysmom
03-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Yes I believe it is a scientific fact that the girls have a faster heartbeat but I would think this early on it would be hard to tell.

sparks19
03-07-2007, 02:43 PM
Yes I believe it is a scientific fact that the girls have a faster heartbeat but I would think this early on it would be hard to tell.

Hmmm I will have to look that up.... I have never heard that before and I didn't think to ask when they were doing the ultrasound. LOL I was too enthralled watching the baby "swim" around. it was so neat to be able to actually watch the baby's arms moving and (when we could) see the legs swinging... although almost everytime they showed the legs... they were crossed at the ankles LOL

DrKym
03-07-2007, 04:54 PM
Excellent day yesterday! and Congratulations!!
Not a bad day today since you got your kool aid! :p (even if only virtually)

Getting the ring back was a bonus, and how wonderful for you all!

sparks19
03-07-2007, 04:59 PM
Excellent day yesterday! and Congratulations!!
Not a bad day today since you got your kool aid! :p (even if only virtually)

Getting the ring back was a bonus, and how wonderful for you all!

LOL everytime I have a sip of my water I just close my eyes and think of that delicious sugar filled koolaid LOL.

It's so nice to have my ring back on my finger lol. I'm SO SO SO SO happy they found it. We are going to send them a nice thank you.

I can't stop looking at the pictures. they are just so cool.

Thanks again everyone

Almita
03-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Oh my gosh how exciting! This made my day i love seeing those pictures too i don't know why but they are fascinating trying to find the little body inside. You two are too cute all happy and ready for the baby, which i think is adorable. That is a nice lady that found your wedding ring that's great that you have it now and now know it's not lost. I'm so excited for you guys!

sparks19
03-07-2007, 05:30 PM
We ordered some flowers and sent them to this clinic.

here is the bouquet we ordered http://products.proflowers.com/lilies/100BloomsofPeruvianLilies-40455?ref=SplitAHomeNoRef&pagesplit=SplitA&op=new&catid=THK I just thought that was so pretty. I love lillies, especially in all those colours.

I find the ultrasound so fascinating. Even the head nurse was saying how difficult it was to learn to interpret them when she was in school. She said it's like learning a new language but once you understand it it is so fascinating. I had to have everything pointed out to me LOL

BCollie_Kelly
03-07-2007, 05:37 PM
That is awesome! I also find it very interesting looking at ultrasounds and looking for the baby Congrats! :)

Dorothy39
03-07-2007, 05:49 PM
This Posting (ultra-sound photo on-line) is simply astounding for me !!!! :cool:

The Ring? That's another Miracle!!!

I'm getting excited about this sweet "baby" !! ( checks heart beat) :D

What a Ringer!!!!!!

Puckstop31
03-07-2007, 07:03 PM
I find the ultrasound so fascinating. Even the head nurse was saying how difficult it was to learn to interpret them when she was in school. She said it's like learning a new language but once you understand it it is so fascinating. I had to have everything pointed out to me LOL

+1 Looking at it yesterday, it was difficult to comprehend what I was looking at.... Until the nurse explained that the ultrasound works like an CAT scan, in "thin slices". After that, I tried to make my brain stop thinking in 3D and to think in 2D. After that, what we were seeing made more sense. It also makes that last pic taken (the one where the baby looks like...a person, LOL) that much more amazing. It is like he (wishful thinking, LOL) KNEW we wanted a good pic and took a stretch for us.

I also have to say that this experience is the greatest blessing God has ever given me. I am so proud of and in love with my wife, the 26 letters of the English language cannot let me say what I feel.

Tanya, I love you baby!!!

Kalei
03-07-2007, 07:05 PM
Wow! It is so great to hear all this good news! Makes me smile to hear such happiness. And the ultrasounds look really good:D I am also very glad that you found your wedding ring, keep staying on cloud nine, its probably heavenly there:D

kimlovescats
03-07-2007, 10:39 PM
What an exciting day! Congratulations on the baby and healthy ultrasound! Congrats on finding your ring! CONGRATS on the EX getting re-married! :eek: :D