PDA

View Full Version : Galina thread

caseysmom
03-06-2007, 09:19 PM
What happened to the thread about Galina? I was interested in the artificial insemenation part of it. Never had any experience with this and found it interesting.

I am against breeding but don't begrude those that are responsible.

Karen
03-06-2007, 09:20 PM
I will reply to you in a PM.

DrKym
03-06-2007, 09:21 PM
http://www.showdogsupersite.com/kenlclub/breedvet/nvai.html

another very informative link on AI

sprokett
03-07-2007, 08:30 AM
actually yeh what did happen???? :confused:

JenBKR
03-07-2007, 08:46 AM
I hadn't responded to that thread, but I did read it and found it interesting. Is the thread gone now? What happened?

caseysmom
03-07-2007, 09:10 AM
Ceph, if it is known in the dog world that it is a big secret why bould bm be on several different forums announcing it? Wouldn't she know better?

Karen is very equitable, please don't insunuate that she is not.

Karen
03-07-2007, 09:21 AM
Ceph, do not make statements like "if Karen doesn't like you you'll be banned." Her being banned has nothing to do with how I feel about her personally. Anyone who is curious can PM me.

Ceph, I am in the middle of responding to your two PMs.

Lori Jordan
03-07-2007, 09:52 AM
go ahead, I would like to see your proof since I saw real proof when I was in her home this past sunday....but hard proof is nothing anymore these days.

Could you be so kind and take it too Pm's,The last thing this forum needs is a fight.

I know what has happend,But am staying out of it,Which you should do.

There is no need to get everyone upset,i'm sure this matter is being delt with the best it can.

Kfamr
03-07-2007, 10:39 AM
Frankly, A big sigh of relief has come upon me - I'm sure many others too.

All I can say is, it's about time. It should have been done a while ago.
And I don't believe it has anything at all to do with her breeding Galina.

TFTpwnsYou
03-07-2007, 10:53 AM
What is going on here?! I really do not understand it at all. I'm guessing "supposedly" she is not who she says she is??? Which I don't understand either. I was out there once for her to help me with one of my dogs, and then out there again about a month later to dog sit while she was gone for a weekend. I have pics. for proof. This is just ridiculous. And it seems to me that if you have champion dogs, have shown and bred, you're up for persecution. Why? Just why? People come on here to post about things, and some are great and people are excited about it. Well she was excited about this, and has been waiting quite some time. She had already had a false heat with Galina before. I was there for that. And now she was happy because it's for real this time, and she can finally breed her, but she gets banned???? Sometimes I think it's almost discrimatory.

Karen
03-07-2007, 10:58 AM
I will send you a PM. It is not discrimination against breeders or anyone else.

areias
03-07-2007, 11:01 AM
Could someone kindly send me a PM on what happened?

Thanks.

binka_nugget
03-07-2007, 11:02 AM
Could someone kindly send me a PM on what happened?

Thanks.

Me too? I'm so confused. :confused:

Karen
03-07-2007, 11:02 AM
I will.

sprokett
03-07-2007, 11:10 AM
Me too? I'm so confused. :confused:

me tooo please :confused: ??

im as confused as a man with a washing machine LOL.

Lori Jordan
03-07-2007, 11:20 AM
In my opinion she is not here,So she should not be talked about,She cannot defend herself and that is not fair.

TFTpwnsYou
03-07-2007, 11:23 AM
In my opinion she is not here,So she should not be talked about,She cannot defend herself and that is not fair.

I agree. It's left up to the people that know her to do so. Apparently the ban happened when she was not even online to say anything. I'm as shocked as you are.

areias
03-07-2007, 11:31 AM
This is absolutely ridiculous....

Lori Jordan
03-07-2007, 11:32 AM
This is absolutely ridiculous....
???????

Zippy
03-07-2007, 11:33 AM
*sigh*
It seems like there is alwas a fight going on.We all need to remember we are here because of the shared love for are pets.

cassiesmom
03-07-2007, 11:35 AM
What is going on here?! I really do not understand it at all.

I don't either - if someone could PM me, too, I would appreciate it.

lizbud
03-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Frankly, A big sigh of relief has come upon me - I'm sure many others too.

All I can say is, it's about time. It should have been done a while ago.
And I don't believe it has anything at all to do with her breeding Galina.

Feels quite peaceful doesn't it. :) I do hope she uses this time to get some
help. And no, the problems started way before any talk about breeding her
dog.

Lori Jordan
03-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Just for curiousity,When she posted that she was going to breed Galina,Everyone was excited and pretty much giving her a pat on the back how did it end up this way?

Karen
03-07-2007, 11:43 AM
I am PMing all you who asked.

caseysmom
03-07-2007, 11:45 AM
Feels quite peaceful doesn't it. :) I do hope she uses this time to get some
help. And no, the problems started way before any talk about breeding her
dog.

Yes maybe pt will get back to how it use to be without so much drama every single day.

JenBKR
03-07-2007, 11:47 AM
Yes maybe pt will get back to how it use to be without so much drama every single day.

That's pretty much how I feel too. ;)

angelbow20
03-07-2007, 11:48 AM
Could someone PM me and let me know whats going on im very confused?

Jadapit
03-07-2007, 11:51 AM

I agree with you, as you know. ;)

3GSDMom
03-07-2007, 11:55 AM
I really hate to be nosey, but I came on today to find all of this stuff going on. So add me on the list of confused people. :confused:

caseysmom
03-07-2007, 12:20 PM
I agree with you, as you know. ;)

So now quite holding back on those pittie pics, I miss my girlie's. Oh and ummmm how about a pic of you son :D

DrKym
03-07-2007, 12:23 PM
I believe that Karen stated she did NOT check up on anyone, I am under the impression that she was given information that directly conflicted with a members posted information ,by other members.

In that position it would make sense to verify the conflicting information.

In light of the verification or lack thereof, Paul and Karen made a difficult decision.

As a retired breeder, and one that spent many hours and pocketsful of money to campaign my dogs. On both sides of the fence as the stud owner and the bitch owner, I would not care and would infact welcome anyone researching my breedings, and any litters I had or planned to have. It creates interest in the pups, and the dogs in question.

It is customary to not discuss a pairing until the pairing has taken place , contracts signed, and proof of pregnancy established. Unless you own both the parents at which point it is an "in house" breeding and no need to wait on protocol.

I f I had been in either persons shoes, as the owner of the stud. Or the owner of the bitch, verification of a planned breeding that has been made public by one or both is not an issue. Since a simple yes or no answers the question asked.

Especially if my dogs were on the top so to speak, as breedings and lineage would be of the utmost importance.

Just my thoughts

JenBKR
03-07-2007, 12:24 PM
So now quite holding back on those pittie pics, I miss my girlie's. Oh and ummmm how about a pic of you son :D

Wait....is this the reason I haven't seen those beautiful faces lately? I'm afraid I missed something - but I second the request!! :D

Lobodeb
03-07-2007, 12:30 PM

Please don't hijack the thread and stay on topic!

Oh wait. This is your thread! hehehe j/k :)

Bring on the pittie pics!!!!

I hear a Mary J. Blige song in my head "NO MORE DRAMA" :D

cassiesmom
03-07-2007, 12:31 PM
I believe that Karen stated she did NOT check up on anyone, I am under the impression that she was given information that directly conflicted with a members posted information, by other members.

In that position it would make sense to verify the conflicting information.

In light of the verification or lack thereof, Paul and Karen made a difficult decision.

agree completely - was this ever done?

luvofallhorses
03-07-2007, 12:32 PM
Yeah, post some pics of your beautiful girls, Donna! :D

btw, I too am relieved that she is gone.

DrKym
03-07-2007, 12:39 PM
agree completely - was this ever done?
It may help those of you that are confused to remember a few things,
A website with an email is public domain.

In that manner anyone including myself, can contact that person, it is not priveledged information. No one is restricted to their questions that they can ask another person, the other person may refuse to answer and that is their perogative.

I asked a few questions, I recieved some very different answers from the studs owner than I was informed. It is quite interesting.

i have been told that i can post an email address to verify, that Killarney has no planned breedings at all with any female either through AI or with him pairing naturally.

He does not have any pups he has ever produced.As he has never been bred.

The owner has him his 2 brothers and a sister that are all being campaigned, and Killarney will not be showing this year.

He was not lost at Eukanuba for 6 hours, that happened last year , it was a 3 hour mix up on British Airways, the dog was fine and that incident happened 2 days before his show.

with all due respect to his owner, you may pm me for the email address.
or you can simply look on the llinks posted with his website on them.

Jadapit
03-07-2007, 12:42 PM
Thanks ladies! I will get out my camera and take pittie pictures. There all sleeping now. Shhhhh dont want to wake them. Its a rare thing for Ebony to sleep. ;)

Caseysmom, next time my son comes over I will get a picture just for you. :p

caseysmom
03-07-2007, 12:42 PM
You may want to let them know she is stating all that false info on www.animalplanet.com.

JenBKR
03-07-2007, 12:46 PM
You may want to let them know she is stating all that false info on www.animalplanet.com.

Oh dear, you are right...I see that she's posting the same thing there.......

DrKym
03-07-2007, 12:48 PM

??? clicked the link and am confused where to find what you are referring to? can you help?

caseysmom
03-07-2007, 12:49 PM
go to www.animalplanet.com

go to pettalk, its on the left....you may have to register.

JenBKR
03-07-2007, 12:54 PM
http://community.discovery.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9931058/m/8181948478

I think that's it

applesmom
03-07-2007, 12:59 PM
The world of purebred dogs is a tight knit community. Thousands of dollars are spent on top winning dogs and the ethics of the owner are of utmost importance!

When false claims are made regarding any dog or owner it is a matter of greatest concern throughout the entire dog fancy.

The repurcussions of posting false claims could have dramatic effects far beyond that of an internet discussion board.

Hopefully this will be a wake up call for everyone who choses to post where anyone in the world is able to read it.

TFTpwnsYou
03-07-2007, 01:11 PM
And I know you know she would not be as neglectful as to post something like that and risk it.

I still can't beleive all of this. I guess maybe it's because I've known her a while, and have made the trips to see her. She has helped with actually a couple of my dogs. One of which now resides more happy in VA than he did here. That and she trusted this little tattooed, pierced, and short dyed hair girl to watch her dogs while away. Seeing past what was on the outside and looking within. That takes one heck of a person to do so.

It was such a happy little thread, and now has been turned into this. As someone posted in another thread about this being a PT family, but it seems only to select people. I'm just hoping I never have this happen to me. This is for the most part was a very nice forum. Nobody talking bad about anyone, and all sharing things. So much for that I guess. :(

Karen
03-07-2007, 01:14 PM
It was such a happy little thread, and now has been turned into this. As someone posted in another thread about this being a PT family, but it seems only to select people. I'm just hoping I never have this happen to me. This is for the most part was a very nice forum. Nobody talking bad about anyone, and all sharing things. So much for that I guess. :(

All we ask is the truth, and you are still welcome here, honest! Well, the truth, and that you love pets! :) Which we know you do.

caseysmom
03-07-2007, 01:17 PM
I just don't enjoy being lied to. Borzoimom from the beginning said many things that seemed untrue at best, for instance that she had 2 degrees from princeton and she could not spell degrees correctly.

Lori Jordan
03-07-2007, 01:19 PM
It may help those of you that are confused to remember a few things,
A website with an email is public domain.

In that manner anyone including myself, can contact that person, it is not priveledged information. No one is restricted to their questions that they can ask another person, the other person may refuse to answer and that is their perogative.

I asked a few questions, I recieved some very different answers from the studs owner than I was informed. It is quite interesting.

i have been told that i can post an email address to verify, that Killarney has no planned breedings at all with any female either through AI or with him pairing naturally.

He does not have any pups he has ever produced.As he has never been bred.

The owner has him his 2 brothers and a sister that are all being campaigned, and Killarney will not be showing this year.

He was not lost at Eukanuba for 6 hours, that happened last year , it was a 3 hour mix up on British Airways, the dog was fine and that incident happened 2 days before his show.

with all due respect to his owner, you may pm me for the email address.
or you can simply look on the llinks posted with his website on them.

Are you not a friend of hers for 25 years?Why are you doing this?

Ginger's Mom
03-07-2007, 01:22 PM
Doing what?

Lori Jordan
03-07-2007, 01:24 PM
Well a friend of 25 years do you not think she should be standing behind her,Do you think emailing this guy is the way to go?

Or just leave it alone,It will all work itself out in the end.

Lobodeb
03-07-2007, 01:27 PM
I confess.

I'm still really confused. Karen PM'd me the reason that she was banned, but in her descretness, still wasn't able to give me details, which is fine. I don't need to know everything and am not entitled for that matter.

But, if her talking about breeding Galina and talking about the sire was so terrible, then will this be a "no no" on the animal planet forum as well?

I say we just let her do whatever it is she does and let her move on with her life while we move on with ours.

Good luck, Michelle.

Ginger's Mom
03-07-2007, 01:27 PM
I think if I had been friends with someone for 25 years and had reason to believe she was lying to me, I would be very hurt and possibly angry. And then to confirm that she was lying!?! I would wonder about other aspects of our "friendship" as well.

DrKym
03-07-2007, 01:28 PM

Lori,
My verification of her post was made as a friend.

I will not lie for anyone, nor will I expect anyone else to lie for me. That being said, I was asked to verify if this breeding was a go.

It is a very easy thing to do. The owner of either animal can choose to answer or not. That is their perogative.

In this instance Mike Savage chose to answer, his answer was negatory, there were no breedings planned for Killarney. To Michelle or any one else for that matter. Either by AI or by natural pairing.

Danegirl2208
03-07-2007, 01:29 PM
I confess.

I'm still really confused. Karen PM'd me the reason that she was banned, but in her descretness, still wasn't able to give me details, which is fine. I don't need to know everything and am not entitled for that matter.

But, if her talking about breeding Galina and talking about the sire was so terrible, then will this be a "no no" on the animal planet forum as well?

I say we just let her do whatever it is she does and let her move on with her life while we move on with ours.

Good luck, Michelle.

read Kym's posts above....it wasnt the fact that she said she was breeding Galina it was the fact that she was flaunting false information around, that she knew perfectly well wasnt true...

Lobodeb
03-07-2007, 01:32 PM
read Kym's posts above....it wasnt the fact that she said she was breeding Galina it was the fact that she was flaunting false information around, that she knew perfectly well wasnt true...

I get that part (and thank you). But I guess I'm still confused as to why that is enough to be banned. But I also am aware that there may be other reasons.

I'm ok with not understanding. I'm used to it in my facets of my life. :o

Lori Jordan
03-07-2007, 01:32 PM
Lori,
My verification of her post was made as a friend.

I will not lie for anyone, nor will I expect anyone else to lie for me. That being said, I was asked to verify if this breeding was a go.

It is a very easy thing to do. The owner of either animal can choose to answer or not. That is their perogative.

In this instance Mike Savage chose to answer, his answer was negatory, there were no breedings planned for Killarney. To Michelle or any one else for that matter. Either by AI or by natural pairing.

But.....

Do you think with all the emails he has had he will give a straight answer.

When i called a Newf Breeder,She did not tell me a thing,Whether she had any available dogs,Until i drove 3 1/2,She spoke to us for 2 hours,Most likely skoped us out.

Then she said,Oh i have 2 littles of pups,and 2 2 year old males available.

So if he is getting swamped do you think he will say yes or no,He does not know anybody,And to call and be bothering him,Do you think he cares?Honestly?

DrKym
03-07-2007, 01:37 PM
But.....

When i called a Newf Breeder,She did not tell me a thing,Whether she had any available dogs,Until i drove 3 1/2,She spoke to us for 2 hours,Most likely skoped us out.

So if he is getting swamped do you think he will say yes or no,He does not know anybody,And to call and be bothering him,Do you think he cares?Honestly?

Actually I spoke with him for nearly an hour on the phone.
and yes he does care, his kennel name is his lifes work, to have it bantered about, ringside or otherwise any kennel would care.

And the dog world is a small one, so he was grateful to be able to correct any misinformation pertaining to his dog or kennel.

Lori Jordan
03-07-2007, 01:41 PM
I am really finished,This is crap!

No one should of called anybody,Frankly it is not our place or buisness to do so,If it is a lie,Well then it will be delt with.

Why it keeps getting added too is beyond me i think this should be locked this thread is going no where!

areias
03-07-2007, 01:42 PM
But.....

Amen!

As Michelle told to me...they keep it under wraps until the puppies are there...they do not want people knowing whether or not either dogs are "producing" or not...it can affect a heck of a lot...what will people think of those dogs in the future, or of those dogs sires, siblings, relatives...

And why in the world was she BANNED over this? A different member didn't even get banned and they were proved to have said numerous lies in another thread, including dogs they have had or haven't had-with no repercussions. Michelle definately has all the dogs she said she's had!

I am so fed up with a battle every time she posts, too...it's not her, it's other members starting it. I know a lot of people who would retaliate if attacked like she has been. She has never gone after anyone without reason to do so.

Daisy and Delilah
03-07-2007, 01:44 PM
I think if I had been friends with someone for 25 years and had reason to believe she was lying to me, I would be very hurt and possibly angry. And then to confirm that she was lying!?! I would wonder about other aspects of our "friendship" as well.

Well said, Joyce.

Lori, even if it were my children that I love with all my heart, I wouldn't support lying from them either.

I hope everyone can soon realize that this wasn't right and we can all accept it. borzoimom did something that was very wrong, by all standards. No matter how painful it may be to her friends here, it happened and that's that.

If we were all in the habit of posting blatant lies, this board would be nothing but a joke. This board stands for honesty and credibility. Isn't that the way we all want it?

Karen
03-07-2007, 01:46 PM
I am so fed up with a battle every time she posts, too...it's not her, it's other members starting it. I know a lot of people who would retaliate if attacked like she has been. She has never gone after anyone without reason to do so.

No, she has often in the past "started it," and has been warned for doing so since the first days she joined the board. This latest incident was just the final straw.

Lobodeb
03-07-2007, 01:46 PM
I am really finished,This is crap!

No one should of called anybody,Frankly it is not our place or buisness to do so,If it is a lie,Well then it will be delt with.

Why it keeps getting added too is beyond me i think this should be locked this thread is going no where!

But yet you keep posting and adding to it...? :rolleyes: :confused:

Lori Jordan
03-07-2007, 01:49 PM
Well said, Joyce.

Lori, even if it were my children that I love with all my heart, I wouldn't support lying from them either.

I hope everyone can soon realize that this wasn't right and we can all accept it. borzoimom did something that was very wrong, by all standards. No matter how painful it may be to her friends here, it happened and that's that.

I am not a liar,Nor do i like being lied too.But there is a little of backs being stabbed in the same sence,Daisy this is not forwarded to you in the least.

I am saying this then im done.

I think it is real funny that what is being said on here,and then in emails to Michelle,I think she should come back on here just to post how nice everyone is in email.

For those who are doing it,Being all Oh Karen you did the right thing,Then emailing Michelle and saying different things.

I think some back bones should be looked into here,Say it like it is dont run your mouth then change you mind.

In this situation it aint helping no one!

Lori Jordan
03-07-2007, 01:50 PM
But yet you keep posting and adding to it...? :rolleyes: :confused:

I'm sorry was that towarded towards you?

GreyhoundGirl
03-07-2007, 02:01 PM

She has contacted me through email and has thoroghly explained herself. Usually I'm behind Karen on these things, because she has always been correct. I do not see where she is going with this one, however. :(

Lobodeb
03-07-2007, 02:01 PM
I'm sorry was that towarded towards you?
I'm sorry, I don't understand your post. "Towarded towards me?"

Kfamr
03-07-2007, 02:05 PM
She's gone. Some of us are unhappy about it, some of us are thrilled.

The real point is that she is gone, this thread should end, and if anyone has any questions to PM Karen. She has the final decision in all of this and there is more than likely more to the story that she knows and we do not. As Karen said, this was the final straw, NOT the main reason she was banned. There is no reason for anyone to argue over it.

Lori Jordan
03-07-2007, 02:05 PM
I'm sorry, I don't understand your post. "Towarded towards me?"

If i say one thing,and do the other that should not be for you to reply on.

Lobodeb
03-07-2007, 02:08 PM
If i say one thing,and do the other that should not be for you to reply on.

I won't respond to that the way I would like to. This thread has it's own problems.

Danegirl2208
03-07-2007, 02:09 PM
I couldnt agree more Kay..Michelle is gone now...she was wrong and whether you agree with it or not there is no point in continuing this...no one is getting anywhere

Lori Jordan
03-07-2007, 02:15 PM
:rolleyes:
I won't respond to that the way I would like to. This thread has it's own problems.

Karen
03-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Closing this thread. Anyone who has questions can still PM me.