PDA

View Full Version : Rustys here.

cali
03-06-2007, 07:27 PM
he just arrived, his mom and 2 kids came to bring him here, along with all his sweaters, blankies, food, treats, leashes, dishes etc.. and that wasent even all of it lol they said there is more lying around someplace and they will bring it all later. they clearly love him very very very much, and they all gave him a millions hugs and kisses goodby, and we told them they could come by to see him anytime. Rustys "kid" is clearly very very dog orintated, you should have seen that kid with all my dogs, outside playing with them all, my dogs didnt want the kid to leave lol

K9soul
03-06-2007, 07:31 PM
How sad :(. I'm glad he has you to look after him though. I hope he finds a home who will consider him family enough to keep him.

ashleycat
03-06-2007, 07:32 PM
awwww

BCollie_Kelly
03-06-2007, 08:10 PM
Aww, that is really sad. :(

So is he ..staying? or are you just fostering him until a home can be found?

cali
03-06-2007, 08:31 PM
I hope he finds a home who will consider him family enough to keep him.

please dont put any blame on the whole family, the mom and 2 kids adore Rusty , and he is 100% considered family to them, one look at those 3 with Rusty and that is clear. it is the husband/father who is making the dog go, and frankly not everyone is willing to divorce their husband over a dog. the husband/father fger he should just be dumped at a shelter, and be done with it. the rest of the family would not do that, and they all want to keep in touch with Rustys new family, and if circumstances were to change they would take him back in a heartbeat.

K9soul
03-06-2007, 09:29 PM
Someone who "forced" me to get rid of what I consider a member of my family and the light of my life is obviously someone who has no respect for me or my happiness. I'd say there's more wrong there than "just over a dog." The kids have no choice of course, but the mother has a voice, a marriage should be equal and decisions made together. If it came to needing a divorce in order to keep the dog, there is something vastly wrong with that marriage anyway. Just my feeling. I feel badly for the dog, and the children involved, and even the mother, if she really is that "ruled" by her husband's whims.

cali
03-06-2007, 09:33 PM
I'd say there's more wrong there than "just over a dog." The kids have no choice of course, but the mother has a voice, a marriage should be equal and decisions made together.

agree'ed, however there is a bit more to it(concerning the mother health) in which is a private matter with the family and I prefere not to announce to anyone on the .net :). I certainly dont agree with the husband, but there is a very valid reason why the husband has a bigger say on this paricular matter.

K9soul
03-06-2007, 10:14 PM
I guess it's easy to jump to conclusions without seeing the whole situation. I just felt so saddened by it. I am glad you can help him though. Any chance he could end up staying? :)

Freedom
03-07-2007, 07:43 AM
Hooray for Rusty, he has a chance, he has known love from the mom and kids, and now he is feeling love from you and your crew! Plus he now had doggie playmates! I hope you can keep him!!! Pics, pics!!! He is such a cutie!

lute
03-07-2007, 08:18 AM
It's great that you are taking Rusty in for this family. I'm sure those children are so sad to loose either buddy. :( Good luck finding him a forever home!

cali
03-07-2007, 01:18 PM
can I beat my boss over the head? at work she kept talking exietedly and calling everyone she knew telling them the backyard bred designer mutts she asked to be bred are ready to go, and who wants one! and she could not understand why in the world I would be upset by this when she KNEW I am doing everything I can to find the 3rd and hopefully last home for a backyard bred designer mutt.

lute
03-07-2007, 01:26 PM
can I beat my boss over the head? at work she kept talking exietedly and calling everyone she knew telling them the backyard bred designer mutts she asked to be bred are ready to go, and who wants one! and she could not understand why in the world I would be upset by this when she KNEW I am doing everything I can to find the 3rd and hopefully last home for a backyard bred designer mutt.
I would be frustrated beyond belief! Who knows where these poor MUTTS will end up?! They may not be as lucky as the pooch you are helping. :(