PDA

View Full Version : 3/6/2007 mega millions

joycenalex
03-06-2007, 06:57 PM
...so when i hit the megamillions :) :rolleyes: i'm planning on setting up a weekly clinic at the homeless shelter for the animals that live with the homeless. what's your wild dream?

Marigold2
03-06-2007, 07:06 PM
I would built a shelter a huge shelter for homeless bunnies, where they could live out their life if not adopted. I would give millions to the ASPCA, I would give money to Planned Parenthood so that young girls could have birth control free of charge. I would give monies to battered woman's shelter and college monies for young woman to build a career. But mostly I would share the wealth with all my wonderful friends who have stood by me and loved me and supported me. I would also have a couple of lifts by a good plastic surgeon.

Karen
03-06-2007, 07:23 PM
Paul thinks I would get so many animals that I wouldn't even remember his name any more. I beg to differ, me and the puppies and bunnies and horsies and everybody else ... would all know his name is still Paul!

Marigold2
03-06-2007, 07:27 PM
Oh Karen that is so funny. Yes I would have to build a special animal friendly mansion for all of mine as well. Here is hoping dear lady.

elizabethann
03-06-2007, 07:36 PM
I just got my ticket! And I can't wait to collect my money. :D

I come from a huge family, so I'd have to share it with them. I would quit my job, buy a house in Florida and up North in NH...and probably one in Southern NH. I'd buy a pickup truck. Then I'd become a professional philanthropist, and give my money to charities - create a foundation, one for charities and one for my family. Buy an RV and see the USA.

But I would give it all up if I could have my Maxie back. :(

Marigold2
03-06-2007, 07:39 PM
Don't forget to tour Europe, go shoe shopping in Italy, cloths in Paris, art in Venice, antiques in England oh the list just goes on..:p

areias
03-06-2007, 08:28 PM
A small house on like 300 acres of farm land with the best barns you've ever seen...either donate some of the land for an animal shelter to be built, or run one myself. Get myself a nice truck, a decent horse trailer (and maybe lessons on driving it...). I would get as many horses as I could care for. And a Doberman, because...I want one. :) Oh, and a pretty little Brown Swiss dairy cow. And then just live off the rest and not worry about anything.

Would anyone still work? I probably wouldn't...I'd have too much livestock to look after. ;)

DJFyrewolf36
03-06-2007, 09:39 PM
I'd get a huge plot of land and a permit to house unwanted cats. I'd even have an outdoor area (fenced, with shelters, so that trapped (and nutered of course) ferrals can still live mostly outside, but away from nasty things like cars! I'd also invest in something that would get a good return, that way if donations were low, I could still fund the shelter. My goal would of course get every kitty I could a furrever home but at the same time no cat would have to be rushed out the door! ;)

I'd of course splurge on a decient house...and a DeLorean :D and of course the biggest DJ sound system I could possibly fit in a studio ;)

Kfamr
03-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Open up my own pet botique - pet photography, self grooming, local shelter dog adoptions, toys, collars, etc. I would also have part of it a bakery, for my mother. :)

caseysmom
03-06-2007, 09:56 PM
A great big house with a view of the ocean. I absolutely love the ocean.

A great big donation for the shelter I volunteer at, they are awesome.

Marigold2
03-06-2007, 10:24 PM
Did anyone win??

joycenalex
03-07-2007, 05:46 AM
...and if you win, don't forget to set up a pet talk foundation.... :D

elizabethann
03-07-2007, 07:50 AM
Did anyone win??

Wasn't me.

I read on www.boston.com that 2 people won - NJ & Georgia...and perhaps a 3rd in California (but they haven't figured it out yet because so many tickets were sold).

I tried going to the Lotto website but it's experiencing high volume.

I didn't even win a free ticket. :(

Oh well....back to work. :( :(

Freedom
03-07-2007, 07:59 AM
My dream has always been to get a large farm type property and set up a no kill animal rescue. One building and outdoor area for dogs, another for cats (maybe a smaller outdoor area) and some horses too. Have a set of dorms, like they had for ranch hands in Westerns on RV. Set up a program that brings inner city kids out for 2 weeks at a time, and they participate in caring for the animals. Gives them a chance to see something more than red brick, white concrete and black hot top, and they learn to appreciate animals. A big first step in helping cut down on attacks on people.

Guess I have to keep dreaming a while longer.

Zippy
03-07-2007, 08:27 AM
A big house,give money to all my favorite charitys,give money to my church,share it with my wonderful family,buy 2 goldfish and have a 100gallon tank for them,get my mom a conure,get a yellow betta,another cat,and start my own business

critter crazy
03-07-2007, 08:41 AM
Darn it!! I didnt Win!!!:( :( :(

catnapper
03-07-2007, 09:04 AM
Sounds like someone won, but I'll still dream about what I'd do with that type of money.

Hubby and I already said we'd buy our parents nice houses with all the amenities an older person might need. We'd also set the kids up with a trust fund of sorts so they'd have homes when they were ready, and all expenses paid. Then we'd help our siblings in whatever way they'd need it. We ourselves would build a home out in the country with lots and lots of ground. I want a place to have more dogs so they can run free. I'll also build a cat sanctuary in the barn for all the feral cats that have to be relocated. There would also be a sanctuary for indoor kitties. Then I'd pay to have people come clean it out several times a day ;) and vets on call everyday, all day long :D

cassiesmom
03-07-2007, 04:52 PM
I would built a shelter a huge shelter for homeless bunnies, where they could live out their life if not adopted. I would give millions to the ASPCA, I would give money to Planned Parenthood so that young girls could have birth control free of charge. I would give monies to battered woman's shelter and college monies for young woman to build a career. But mostly I would share the wealth with all my wonderful friends who have stood by me and loved me and supported me. I would also have a couple of lifts by a good plastic surgeon.

I'd build a shelter down the street from Marigold2's bunny shelter for homeless cats. (That way I could visit the bunnies every day!) I'd give monies for women's shelters and careers too. I'd make a trip to California to see if I could catch a glimpse of James Spader on the Boston Legal set :) I'd hire a veterinarian to look after the cats and Marigold2's bunnies.

There is a program (I think it's in New York) that takes retired race horses, places them on a farm and then uses prison inmates to care for them. Teaches the inmates work and inter-personal skills, the horses can go on to equine therapy programs if they are able or if not, they just live out their days on the farm affiliated with the prison. I'd give money to that so they could expand it.

And I'd buy a bigger (heavier) car, one that wouldn't feel like it was going to get blown off the highway on a very windy day.

I totally forgot! I'd get a golf cart for moving around big bags of cat food and cat box filler, hay, and bunny hutches. I'd have a pet garden with catnip and grass for the cats, and carrots for Marigold2's bunnies down the way.

elizabethann
03-08-2007, 07:49 AM
A truck driver won 1/2 the pot. I was glad. They showed his kids & his Mom. He said he was going to share his wealth and go fishing.

Pembroke_Corgi
03-08-2007, 09:12 AM
Dreaming about winning the lottery is fun...sometimes I buy a ticket, just so I can think of how I would spend the money. I would pay off everyone in my family's debts- and my own. I would take everyone on a fun vacation, buy a large house in the country, and one in the city. I have also dreamed about opening a shelter, and would also like to set up scholarships so more kids go to college...and maybe a program to educate kids about how they can use federal aid to go to college. It seems like many do don't even know about FAFSA.

*Sigh* It's fun to dream anyway! :D