PDA

View Full Version : Photo reducing a Doctors letter

NicoleLJ
03-06-2007, 01:53 PM
I have a question for the people who know how to do this. I know of some people who have taken their Dr.'s Note for their Service Dog and photo reduced it and then had it laminated. They would then put a ring on it and a clip so they could attach it to their dogs vest or collar or thier key ring when they go out. I have tried several times to reduce my Dr. 's letter but every time I do to a reasonable size the writing becomes unreadable. I see the reducing and laminating as a lot more convient then caring around the letter itself and getting it all dirty, creased and so forth, as I did the last one, and have to get a new one. Which I got a new one today(the last one was too worn). Where as the laminated one would be a lot easier and less likely to get wrecked and so forth. Can anyone help me in figuring out how to do this.
Nicole

DrKym
03-06-2007, 01:56 PM
Niki, alot of people here take a snapshot, then print that and laminate.

It is still a bit larger 3x5 but seems to work well and they simply attach to a backpack(inside) or the vest pocket (not sure if Sheenas vest has a pocket some do some don't)

Maybe that will work for you too?

how are you and the new arrival to be feeling?

NicoleLJ
03-06-2007, 02:07 PM
Tried the picture thing. Ugggg is all I can say. Ran it thought my scanner so now have a decent copy on the computer. Just trying to reduce it and still have it readable is the thing.

No Sheena's vest doesn't have pockets. But she also has a Service Dog back pack that has clips in it to attach the cards and ID's and such. So that one will not be a problem. When she wears her vest I might just attach it to her collar instead.

I am doing better now that the doc has me on some nausea meds. I am also going through with drawal from several of the meds i am on now since I am not suppose to take them while pregnant. So that is fun. Otherwise I am doing ok. Tire but ok.
Nicole

Cinder & Smoke
03-06-2007, 02:48 PM
Ran it thought my scanner so now have a decent copy on the computer.
Just trying to reduce it and still have it readable is the thing.

Couple ideas:

1) Go to a Copy Shop (Kinko's, Quick-Copy) and ask them to help.
They can "crop" the original = mask off all the margins & wasted space below
Doc's signature;
then "reduce" it as much as possible.

2) Get it as small as possible while still being readable ...
then FOLD it in Half (fold between lines of type) and
Laminate it as a TWO sided piece - Top Half on one side; Bottom Half on the opposite side.

Good Luck!

NicoleLJ
03-06-2007, 02:53 PM
Thanks for those ideas. I will defiantely try them.
Nicole

mike001
03-06-2007, 07:52 PM
Very weird, considering that the fact was brought up that it is against the law for anyone to ask for proper ID for service dogs. Why go to all the trouble? :rolleyes:

Karen
03-06-2007, 08:00 PM
Probably because it's easier to just show people the note than drag an attorney around with you every time!

If you want, send me a scan of it, and I will reduce it to as small as I can for you ...

critter crazy
03-06-2007, 08:05 PM
Very weird, considering that the fact was brought up that it is against the law for anyone to ask for proper ID for service dogs. Why go to all the trouble? :rolleyes:
Because she wants to! thats all there is to it.

Kfamr
03-06-2007, 08:12 PM
If you'd like to send it to me, I can try my hardest to resize it. If not, see if the doctors have a way of doing it for you?

Do you HAVE to argue and start drama in every single thread. It is very apparent that you and Nicole have a disliking of eachother. Be adults and ignore eachother.

NicoleLJ
03-06-2007, 08:47 PM

For the simple reason that in Canada(which is where I am) in some provinces(each is different) a business can legally ask to see a doctor or nurses note to verify the need that a Service dog is required. The note does not say what teh disability is. Here is basically what it says:

On physician’s letterhead:

"[Name] is my patient. I am treating him/her for a chronic medical disability. [Name] uses a Service Dog to assist him/her in managing this disability, and I support him/her in doing so. It is my professional opinion that [Name]'s Service Dog is medically necessary. Please accommodate him/her and his/her Service Dog, as requested.

Sincerely, [doctor's name]"

In the Service Dog thread I posted a link(several times) showing you a letter from part of the government of Ontario(as an example, I live in Alberta though) where it said the business can legally ask to see a Doctor or Nurses note. If you want to pull this I will just posted the link agian. This is not certifaction. This is not ID. This is only a note to verify the person requires the dog. Have I ever been asked to show it? Nope. But I have to have it on me anyway. And having it laminated makes it sooooo much easier.
Nicole

NicoleLJ
03-06-2007, 08:51 PM
Karen, Kfamr: thanks sooo much for the offer. A very good friend of mine in Northern Alberta was able to get it down to 3 inches by 4 inches. Yippee. She will be making me a couple of copies and laminating them and then mailing them to me. The letter itself is folded but is legible on both sides. But next time I have a problem like this I will defiantely look you two up. Thanks agian so much for the offer.
Nicole

Cataholic
03-07-2007, 12:22 PM
If I lost a lot of weight, I would be happy to have you drag me along with you everywhere :)

mike001
03-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Do you HAVE to argue and start drama in every single thread. It is very apparent that you and Nicole have a disliking of eachother. Be adults and ignore eachother.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe I was addressing you. and no I wasn't arguing either. I'm the one who was stating that you do need proof in some areas and everyone said no...now everything is changed?
Perhaps I just know more than you do or maybe Nicole and I know some of the same people. I have no clue who Nicole is, but I do know some people in the same community and they fill me in daily.

NicoleLJ
03-07-2007, 02:53 PM
I don't believe I was addressing you. and no I wasn't arguing either. I'm the one who was stating that you do need proof in some areas and everyone said no...now everything is changed?
Perhaps I just know more than you do or maybe Nicole and I know some of the same people. I have no clue who Nicole is, but I do know some people in the same community and they fill me in daily.

Here we go agian. You SAID that service dogs had to be certified and wear ID. I said they did not. I also said that teh person using a Service dog in Canada is only required to show a letter form a doctor or nurse. I PROVIDED the link to prove this. You provided nothing to your certifaction or ID requirements as you say. A doctors note is a totally different thing then ID or a Certifaction. Neither of which is required in Canada. So no you do not know more then me. You know a hell of a lot less since you refuse to do your research. If you want proof to your comments I will provide the links to your own words. So no Nothing has changed.

Stop hijacking this thread. This is about photo reducing. Not your stalking problems and your lies and false laws and requirements. Now please stop posting in this thread since you have nothing to offer here but an arguement.
Nicole

mike001
03-07-2007, 03:16 PM
Have you suddenly become the post police?

I do have lots of proof on what I say, I just thought it was better not to post it.

Remember Sandi S. with her shep mix?
Does Nick V. sound familiar?
How about Deb S. with her jack Russell?

I have lots of close friends who help me get to the truth.

NicoleLJ
03-07-2007, 03:27 PM
Have you suddenly become the post police?

I do have lots of proof on what I say, I just thought it was better not to post it.

Remember Sandi S. with her shep mix?
Does Nick V. sound familiar?
How about Deb s. with her jack Russell?

I have lots of close friends who help me get to the truth.

Yup you got those names from my flyball group website. Does not mean you know them. Anyone can get those names from the groups flyball website which is accessable on my website. Your lies and your crap will not fly here. Here is the link as to why you are doing this:

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=123135&page=5

By the way I did get your harassing post card last week and I am adding it too the rest of the hate mail and hate email you and youtr friends have sent me. I have all teh hate and lie emails you have sent to my friends also. Keep this up and I WILL Sue you for stalking and harassment.
Nicole

DrKym
03-07-2007, 03:36 PM
Good of you to weigh in Mike!

Shall I make popcorn so we can all watch your show?
Is there some reason you feel you must reply to any thread that Nicole makes?

Is there not enough in your own life to fill your need to be outrageous here?

Must you hijack every thread? Or is it simply so that your inaccuracies and outright falsehoods can be paraded again and again!?!

mike001
03-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Yup you got those names from my flyball group website. Does not mean you know them. Anyone can get those names from the groups flyball website which is accessable on my website. Your lies and your crap will not fly here. Here is the link as to why you are doing this:

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=123135&page=5

By the way I did get your harassing post card last week and I am adding it too the rest of the hate mail and hate email you and youtr friends have sent me. I have all teh hate and lie emails you have sent to my friends also. Keep this up and I WILL Sue you for stalking and harassment.
Nicole

Barking up the wrong tree again Nicole. Would you like different names? As for the card I have no idea what you are talking about, I really do think you have some imagination though. And IF someone is sending you stuff then you will know that it's people who know you. But keep on giving me info I might get to know you yet.
Celia Tymensen did not play flyball, she just passed away, an elderly lady from Lethbridge.
Time for my dinner.

mike001
03-07-2007, 03:58 PM
Good of you to weigh in Mike!

Shall I make popcorn so we can all watch your show?
Is there some reason you feel you must reply to any thread that Nicole makes?

Is there not enough in your own life to fill your need to be outrageous here?

Must you hijack every thread? Or is it simply so that your inaccuracies and outright falsehoods can be paraded again and again!?!

No, just stick to your witchcraft.

DrKym
03-07-2007, 04:01 PM
No, just stick to your witchcraft.

Thank you for sound advice......so now from my cauldron shall I pull again the list of you histrionics??

NicoleLJ
03-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Barking up the wrong tree again Nicole. Would you like different names? As for the card I have no idea what you are talking about, I really do think you have some imagination though. And IF someone is sending you stuff then you will know that it's people who know you. But keep on giving me info I might get to know you yet.
Celia Tymensen did not play flyball, she just passed away, an elderly lady from Lethbridge.
Time for my dinner.

I have no idea who Celia is. I don't know anyone who has passed lately. So You obviously are just throwing out names to try and look convincing. And you are the one who sent the card. You and I both know it and the RCMP can easily verify it. Should I call them? What you are doing is illegal. And keep it up and I will have you charged.
Nicole