PDA

View Full Version : I just Fell down my Stairs!!

critter crazy
03-06-2007, 06:38 AM
OMG!! I am in so much pain! Hubby, went to leave for work, came back inside to get something, and left again. Unfortunately when he came back inside, he got snow all over the wood floors, and down the stairs, which are solid wood. So when I went to go downstairs, i hit the first step, and went Flying! My Back is killing me, I skinned both elbows, the back of both kness, and am sure that my back looks just as bad if not worse, as i just feels horrible! Arghhhhh.....Why???? I can barely get up to go to the bathroom! Thank god, I dont have to go anywhere today!

Sorry I just had to vent, I dont feel good right now!http://www.e-equestrian.com/images/smilies/frown.gif

The good news was, both dogs came to my rescue, and did their best to make mommy feel better, and gave plenty of kisses in My time of need!:)

borzoimom
03-06-2007, 06:46 AM
OMG!! I am in so much pain! Hubby, went to leave for work, came back inside to get something, and left again. Unfortunately when he came back inside, he got snow all over the wood floors, and down the stairs, which are solid wood. So when I went to go downstairs, i hit the first step, and went Flying! My Back is killing me, I skinned both elbows, the back of both kness, and am sure that my back looks just as bad if not worse, as i just feels horrible! Arghhhhh.....Why???? I can barely get up to go to the bathroom! Thank god, I dont have to go anywhere today!

Sorry I just had to vent, I dont feel good right now!http://www.e-equestrian.com/images/smilies/frown.gif

The good news was, both dogs came to my rescue, and did their best to make mommy feel better, and gave plenty of kisses in My time of need!:)
OH NO! Do you think you need to see a doctor??? Good thing you have Rocky and Duke- both known as "rescue dogs"... lol. I am so sorry- let us know if you go to the doctor for your back.

critter crazy
03-06-2007, 06:54 AM
OH NO! Do you think you need to see a doctor??? Good thing you have Rocky and Duke- both known as "rescue dogs"... lol. I am so sorry- let us know if you go to the doctor for your back.
I dont think i did anything bad enough to need to see a doctor, i think i just bruised everything. But If the pain gets worse, i will go. I am just gonna take it easy, and try to relax today.

CatLuvrs
03-06-2007, 07:14 AM
OMG! I am so sorry. You sound like me about a month ago. I did that too! I cracked my back on the stairs. I hurt so bad too so I feel for you! Rest today and I hope you feel better

Freedom
03-06-2007, 07:59 AM
Relax for the day. Maybe take a nice soothing bath? If you use tylenol or such for pain relief, take some now. You will be very colorful by tomorrow, by the sounds of it!

Daisy and Delilah
03-06-2007, 08:01 AM
Sorry to hear this :( I would keep a watch on those aches and pains if I were you. A trip to the doctor may be in order :( I hope you're okay.

critter crazy
03-06-2007, 08:46 AM
Well thankfully the pain is going away some. My lower back, is bruised pretty good, from what icould see from he mirror, but definitely not as bad, as i would have thought. Thanks for your thoughts. I am feeling much better.

CuddlesLove
03-06-2007, 11:27 AM
I fell down the stairs once (yeah only once & I hope NEVER again). Luckily for me, it was only the last 2 stairs, but, I skinned my knees & hands & broke my L big toe!! (Which I didnt feel untill the next day!!)
My point is, be very carefull for the rest of the day. You could have hurt yourself a wee bit more than you think. So take it easy, let your husband know what happened so he can call you & have an idea of whats going on. Let us know how you are feeling later! ((better I hope))

Suzanne
P.S. -- Some one tell me what """ I HAVE BEEN DE-FROSTED""" means?? I have seen it alot! LOL Is it an inside joke??

krazyaboutkatz
03-06-2007, 11:31 AM
I'm sorry to hear this.:( I hope you'll feel better soon and that you won't need to see a doctor. Please take care.

DrKym
03-06-2007, 11:47 AM
AWWW
I am so sorry hun!
If it isn't all that bad, then I vote for Ice cream and Lokis nursing skills! (we all know what a good nurse he is ;) ) If it does get worse though make sure you take care of it, that house won't run nearly as well with the Momma down and out!

Hugs(gentle) and headbumpies to Loki and Mocha

Kym

PS wtg boys on helping mom with the kisses, they help alot!

critter crazy
03-06-2007, 12:01 PM
AWWW
I am so sorry hun!
If it isn't all that bad, then I vote for Ice cream and Lokis nursing skills! (we all know what a good nurse he is ;) ) If it does get worse though make sure you take care of it, that house won't run nearly as well with the Momma down and out!

Hugs(gentle) and headbumpies to Loki and Mocha

Kym

PS wtg boys on helping mom with the kisses, they help alot!
I wish I had my Camera earlier! Loki and Mocha were both playing nurse, and sleeping on my lap together! this is a first! they have never been on my lap at the same time! But unfortuanately the batteries were in the charger! Drats!

I feel much better! I took a nice steamy Shower, and boy did that feel great! I am still taking things slow, and just hanging out today. Hubby gave me strict orders to not do anything, unless it was to take a nap! so I better follow directions! I am so glad i have a big comfy recliner in front of the computer!:D

kimlovescats
03-06-2007, 12:59 PM
Bless your heart!!!! That had to really hurt! I'm glad you didn't break anything, like your neck or back!!! :eek:

I am terrified of the stairs, I always hold the handrail and put my other hand on the other wall! ;)

BCollie_Kelly
03-06-2007, 05:55 PM
Oh gosh, that really must have hurt! You're not the only one who fell today... :o

I was running out of the house today after school to the car because I was going to be late to soccer practice. Well, I completely forgot about a patch of ice on the drive way and I did a 'superman' like dive and landed flat on my face! Talk about fun.... NOT. Scraped up my knees pretty darn good and my hands... well they're just 2 big bruises! That'll teach me to wait until last minute and then try to leave :rolleyes:

moosmom
03-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Ouch!! I feel your pain. When I was packing my car to leave for Connecticut, I was carrying a bin of stuff and sure enough, I went ass over tea kettle. At m

At my age, I'm lucky I didn't break anything!

Feel better and take care of yourself.

Kalei
03-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Oh my goodness! I'm so glad that you are okay and aren't hurt so bad you need a hospital. God was certainly looking after you when you fell. And it is so good to know that your furbabies were right by your side to ease the pain away.:)

Kfamr
03-07-2007, 07:06 PM
Ouch! Hope you're feeling better today. :(

joycenalex
03-07-2007, 08:06 PM
so how are the bruises and sore spots today? are your 'nurses' still doing their jobs?

critter crazy
03-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Well i feel tons better today, I have one nice bruise, just above my right hip. It sucks when I lay down, cause i always lay on my right side, but other than that, i feel great! Thank god! he he he!:D

I am installing Carpet treads on my stairs this weekend to hopefully stop this falling! Lets pray that it works!

DrKym
03-07-2007, 08:29 PM
I am so glad to hear you are feeling better!

I think it's Lokis nursing though! ;)

Prayers for a speedy recovery, and getting to sleep on your favorite side again!

petslover
03-08-2007, 11:02 AM
That really sounded like it hurt. It was hurting me when I read it because I could tell you were in alot of pain.

I am glad you are feeling better now..

ramanth
03-08-2007, 12:26 PM
OUCH!! Glad you didn't break anything.

My boss just broke her tail bone and the doctors told her to try and not sit for too long and she won't fully heal until 2 months! :(

king2005
03-08-2007, 02:58 PM
ouch!

I did that 2 sept's ago.. I went all the way down the basement stairs.. I was trapped down there for a while as I couldn't get up & when I was able to get up, I couldn't move my hip enough to walk up the stairs.. so i got to know the basement quite well hehehehe I had 3 bruses on my right hip.. all were black & nasty! i would scream if they were touched.. luckly I sleep on my left side :p