PDA

View Full Version : UPDATED: 2 Cats Need a Home ASAP! Brother & Sister

Anikaca77
03-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Hi I have 2 cats that desperately need a home. They are brother and sister (~1 yrs. old) and I'd prefer not to separate them if possible. They have been living outside my apartment now for about ~1 yr. They both need a lot of love and time. If you have a spare room that you can put these 2 up in and care for them I'd be very grateful. The female is fixed. I recently found their mother a home and I'd like to find her babies a home as well. Please e-mail or call with questions.

I found out tonight that I may have a potential home for the female but I don't want to remove her without removing her brother since they have been together since birth.

The female is very sweet and when I had her fixed her brother stayed outside my apartment all day waiting for his sister to come home.

Please if you can help in anyway.

Thanks,
Melissa
814-278-0401

Anikaca77
03-05-2007, 05:27 PM
These are two pictures of the female when I had her fixed.

Anikaca77
03-06-2007, 01:00 PM
I have potentially found a home for both cats and they will be going to a home together. I just hope that they will settle and become house cats.

catfamily
03-06-2007, 01:47 PM
I'm glad they are together.They should stay together.
I have littermates here,that would be terribly depressed without each other.It's amazing how they depend on one another in some ways.Not all the time but in some.
I was buying petfood at a store in Saugus Massachusetts (PJ'S petstore)when I lived there and there were 2 adorable kittens clinging on to each other for dear life.A lady bought ONE for her kid and walked out.I FREAKED out.I yelled out that the other one was clinging to the one she bought but the store owner was selling them for a stupid sum of 400 bucks each.They looked domestic,the sign said something different but had no papers.I was pissed but there was nothing I could do.I hate pet store owners selling pets.I don't mind 1-200 dollars but any more than that is sickening.I just hope they got good homes.

catmandu
03-06-2007, 04:42 PM
We Hope And Pray That The Cat Couple Can Go Together To Thier New Furr Ever Home.
I Know That When Miquelito And Pouncierge Came Here Together And Were So Scared At First It Was Great That They Had Each Other To Cling To.

Anikaca77
03-14-2007, 08:06 AM
Well the person who was going to take both of them backed out. So I'm still trying to find these 2 a home.

I went out this weekend and got a trap so I could begin trapping them and now I don't have a home for them.

Please can someone help me find these guys a home?

Melissa

catfamily
03-14-2007, 08:33 AM
I like to help...but I'm in Maine...of course...I have so many myself...but no money for transport as well.
As I say to others...if they show up at my door...at least they''ll be taken care of..until we could find another home...but I cannot help being so far away.I'm sorry.

Anikaca77
03-14-2007, 09:12 AM
I understand, and you are right at least they are being taken care of so far. I wish I could bring them in but with 5 cats in my one bedroom apartment there just isn't any more room.

I like to help...but I'm in Maine...of course...I have so many myself...but no money for transport as well.
As I say to others...if they show up at my door...at least they''ll be taken care of..until we could find another home...but I cannot help being so far away.I'm sorry.

NoahsMommy
03-14-2007, 01:19 PM
I too, can only offer prayers and good wishes at this time. My own 3 (out of 4) are currently in the "rescue network" and are being placed by the 31st of this month so that I can keep them and get them when I'm back on my feet.

I agree with the others, at least they're well taken care of and love by you...its MUCH better than them being out there without any humans to care for them.

Just keep up with it, ask everyone you meet, post fliers at vets and pet stores...call a rescue or three.

And...THANK YOU for caring for these siblings. They sure have a kind angel to look over them in you.

(((((Hugs)))))

Take care, Kelly :)

Anikaca77
03-14-2007, 02:26 PM
Thank you for your prays. It does seem like I will never find them a home and I hate to think of the day I'll move out and not be able to take them with me and not know what has happened to them. They are both so pretty and the boy is trusting me more than anyone.

I just was so happy when I thought I had a home for them.

I too, can only offer prayers and good wishes at this time. My own 3 (out of 4) are currently in the "rescue network" and are being placed by the 31st of this month so that I can keep them and get them when I'm back on my feet.

I agree with the others, at least they're well taken care of and love by you...its MUCH better than them being out there without any humans to care for them.

Just keep up with it, ask everyone you meet, post fliers at vets and pet stores...call a rescue or three.

And...THANK YOU for caring for these siblings. They sure have a kind angel to look over them in you.

(((((Hugs)))))

Take care, Kelly :)

doolittleky
03-14-2007, 03:05 PM
I am sorry the people backed out on adopting them and hope you can find another home for them soon
Melissa

Anikaca77
03-14-2007, 03:45 PM
Here are some pictures of the male cat. I took these yesterday of him. He's such a pretty boy.

Anikaca77
03-16-2007, 07:16 AM
Well I've had only two people reply to my ads for these guys and the one lady has not gotten back to me yet and the other doesn't sound like she's going to be able to take them.

:( I wish I could find them a good home. Especially with the snow right now.

catfamily
03-16-2007, 02:01 PM
Can't you call the lady who took the mom and say her cat's kids are going to die if she doesn't take them/I know she'll fall in love with them shortly after.Especially seeing her cat getting along with them because they are her babies,she knows them so it won't be a cat fight in the house.

Anikaca77
03-17-2007, 09:33 AM
I would call the person but it's actually her nephew who took in the mom cat and he wasn't going to take her in but decided too. He also took in one of her babies. She had another litter in January and he took the one male and her so I can ask him to take in anymore.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Can't you call the lady who took the mom and say her cat's kids are going to die if she doesn't take them/I know she'll fall in love with them shortly after.Especially seeing her cat getting along with them because they are her babies,she knows them so it won't be a cat fight in the house.

Catty1
03-17-2007, 09:41 AM
I hope the nephew has his girl spayed!

How about contacting previous adopters and asking "If they know anyone." That way you are not pressuring THEM, they just might know someone - and they might also decide that they can handle another kitty or two!

Word of mouth is good! :)

Anikaca77
03-18-2007, 09:09 PM
I actually gave them a voucher and I dropped her (Mommy) off at the vets to make sure she dosesn't have any more babies. I'm sure he will get her baby fixed because I saved him quite a bit of money.

I could try that. It seems that I had the luck in finding them a home and now nothing. I'm going to keep trying and they are only a little over a year so the aren't too old yet so I'm hoping I don't have any problems finding them homes.

I guess I'll just do what I can for now.

Melissa

I hope the nephew has his girl spayed!

How about contacting previous adopters and asking "If they know anyone." That way you are not pressuring THEM, they just might know someone - and they might also decide that they can handle another kitty or two!

Word of mouth is good! :)