PDA

View Full Version : I am Thoroughly Disgusted!!

critter crazy
03-05-2007, 06:49 AM
This is just so disturbing to me!! What is this world coming to????
Click Here (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/03/05/ap/national/main2534953.shtml)

moosmom
03-05-2007, 07:27 AM
That is disgusting! :mad:

wombat2u2004
03-05-2007, 07:36 AM
This is just so disturbing to me!! What is this world coming to????
Click Here (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/03/05/ap/national/main2534953.shtml)

These kind of kids are really disturbed ....eh ???
What they did was criminal, and now they will face the music. One thing is most certain, they are not going to get any respect at all in prison...in fact, they are really in for it (if you know what I mean :eek: )
Wombat

Canis-Lupess
03-05-2007, 08:06 AM
What complete.....well, I'll not say what I think they are in here.

it must be smoking the pot themselves that have damaged their brains to the point that they'll actually do things like this. Thats why cannabis is so bad. I can't understand why anyone would want to smoke that crap anyway. It stinks vile and people who are on it look and act mentally retarded...well, they are mentally retarded.

king2005
03-05-2007, 09:47 AM
Thats pretty sad, they better get the book thrown at them!

Back home 7yr olds were dealing pot on the streets!! I knew one that was dealing coke :eek: That kid knew how to drive too. There wasn't much he couldn't do. Hes now 17 or 18 & is in court for attempted murder :eek:

Its a common thing back home. Everyone is so darn poor, they'll do anything to survive. Its a dog eat dog town :(

areias
03-05-2007, 11:53 AM
I just saw part of the video on T.V....it was really sad. :( I wonder how much of this is going behind closed doors, everywhere.

There is this house up the street from me that has a bijillion foster kids...I can't keep track of the kids that come in and out of there...but one of them, a 5 year old (yes, 5!!) asked me if I had any pot I could sell him. I was like :eek: :eek: NO, and if I did, I would be smarter than to sell it to a 5 year old!! He asked this while riding over on his "big wheel" bike, LOL.

king2005
03-05-2007, 12:07 PM
I just saw part of the video on T.V....it was really sad. :( I wonder how much of this is going behind closed doors, everywhere.

There is this house up the street from me that has a bijillion foster kids...I can't keep track of the kids that come in and out of there...but one of them, a 5 year old (yes, 5!!) asked me if I had any pot I could sell him. I was like :eek: :eek: NO, and if I did, I would be smarter than to sell it to a 5 year old!! He asked this while riding over on his "big wheel" bike, LOL.

I know sad eh :(

your post reminded me of one of the reasons why I moved out of my last place... the mother (33) taught her 2yrs old (she turned 3 in Jan 2007 & I moved out jan aswell) daughtor how to roll a JOINT!!!!! We(myself & the guys) were PISSED!!! You know what, if an adult wants to smoke a joint whatever, but don't get your bloody children involved!!! & yes it was reported, amung other insane sick, sad things!

Catty1
03-05-2007, 12:14 PM
areias...did you call family services and report this???? :eek:

areias
03-05-2007, 12:49 PM
The cops are over there every other day...this was probably 2 years ago...the same kid still lives there (wow!) and I see him every now and then. They have a lot of problems-the mom was sleeping with the neighbor behind her husbands back, husband was sleeping with the woman across the street and that woman had a husband...the place isn't very clean, and there are just way too many kids-ages from probably 20 years old down to a 3 year old. All kids of all ages are allowed to go whereever and whenever they want-one of the kids could be at my house with my brother and sister for hours, and the parents have never called or come looking for them. It's a sad situation, but the police are over there constantly and nothing has been done.

Daisy and Delilah
03-05-2007, 01:28 PM
This story made my skin crawl when I first heard it :( :mad: These idiots give the word "ignorant" a new meaning.

What I don't know are all the other details of the story. Who got them on film(the clip I saw on CNN) and how did the authorities get the film from them? I've seen only a short clip but I haven't heard the rest of the story. :(

mike001
03-05-2007, 01:34 PM
Disgusting and sad also. Those teens belong in a psychiatric faciliy for a long time and when released they should be sent to work in a third world country for at least a year, with strict supervision. They might just come to their senses if they have any. Everything is too lenient with kids today........just my opinion.

GreyhoundGirl
03-05-2007, 02:20 PM
:eek: That's disgusting!!! :mad:

sparks19
03-05-2007, 02:38 PM

it must be smoking the pot themselves that have damaged their brains to the point that they'll actually do things like this. Thats why cannabis is so bad. I can't understand why anyone would want to smoke that crap anyway. It stinks vile and people who are on it look and act mentally retarded...well, they are mentally retarded.

I don't think the pot is to blame. I think parenting is the problem or lack of it. We always want to blame the object... we should be blaming the guys that gave it to those children. it has nothing to do with being "fried" or it messing with your brain. I know plenty of normal successful people that indulge every now and then. These people hold steady successful jobs.... they are not out selling it.... and they aren't giving it to kids. You can't blame the pot for these people's actions.... BLAME THE PEOPLE!!!!!! You can raise your kids to KNOW better but you better raise them to CARE also.

There is no excuse for this kind of behaviour and I hope they get what should be coming to them... but if I read the article right and these guys are really 17 abd 16 they will get nothing but a slap on the wrist... after all they are just children right???? under the age of 18 and you can act a fool with no repercussions. Ridiculous. They better get what they deserve and not a slap on the wrist and sent to the corner to thinka bout what they did.

wombat2u2004
03-05-2007, 05:20 PM
The cops are over there every other day...this was probably 2 years ago...the same kid still lives there (wow!) and I see him every now and then. They have a lot of problems-the mom was sleeping with the neighbor behind her husbands back, husband was sleeping with the woman across the street and that woman had a husband...the place isn't very clean, and there are just way too many kids-ages from probably 20 years old down to a 3 year old. All kids of all ages are allowed to go whereever and whenever they want-one of the kids could be at my house with my brother and sister for hours, and the parents have never called or come looking for them. It's a sad situation, but the police are over there constantly and nothing has been done.

So let me get this right. You said in an earlier post that these kids were foster kids ....yeah ??? And these so called foster parents are letting the kids that have been put under their care, loose out onto the street whilst they are fooling around with their neighbours...yes ???
I'm getting a little bit confused here.
What sort of criteria must prospective foster carers meet to enable them to care for children ????
I'm not sure I understand the situation there in the USA. I know to be a foster carer here in Australia....boy you get REALLY checked out.
Wombat

lady_zana
03-05-2007, 05:25 PM
So let me get this right. You said in an earlier post that these kids were foster kids ....yeah ??? And these so called foster parents are letting the kids that have been put under their care, loose out onto the street whilst they are fooling around with their neighbours...yes ???
What sort of criteria must prospective foster carers meet to enable them to care for children ????
I'm not sure I understand the situation there in the USA. I know to be a foster carer here in Australia....boy you get REALLY checked out.
Wombat

I think the article means the kids are in foster care now; they were with their families but after this has been discovered, they have been placed in foster care.

critter crazy
03-05-2007, 05:27 PM
I think the article means the kids are in foster care now; they were with their families but after this has been discovered, they have been placed in foster care.

No he is refering to Aerias's post earlier:

There is this house up the street from me that has a bijillion foster kids...I can't keep track of the kids that come in and out of there...but one of them, a 5 year old (yes, 5!!) asked me if I had any pot I could sell him. I was like http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/eek.gif http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/eek.gif NO, and if I did, I would be smarter than to sell it to a 5 year old!! He asked this while riding over on his "big wheel" bike, LOL.

critter crazy
03-05-2007, 05:51 PM
Here is another Video! You need to hear what the mother has to say!! WTF???

Click Here (http://www.cnn.com/video/player/player.html?url=/video/law/2007/03/05/bts.tx.pot.smoking.kids.parents.kdaf&wm=11)

lady_zana
03-05-2007, 09:51 PM
No he is refering to Aerias's post earlier:

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize that. My mistake. :)

critter crazy
03-05-2007, 09:58 PM
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize that. My mistake. :)No probs! he he he he! ;)

areias
03-05-2007, 10:27 PM
Wombat

I'm not totally sure what kind of criteria you need-I know for adopting, either parent cannot have a criminal record, but I'm not sure for fostering. I think they just get a home inspection once in a while. I'm trying to count the kids I've seen...there are (at least) 3 younger boys (ages around 8-10 years old or so), a 18/19 year old girl who has a 3 year old girl herself with another on the way, another high-schooled age girl, two pre-teen girls, and a maybe 5 year old girl. I've seen other kids living there every now and then. Two of the children were born to the mother, one of the boys and the 19 year old, the rest are fostered. The boys get into the most trouble, they have been caught stealing from other people's property-been caught in people's houses, on their porches, etc. Cops are there constantly (probably not every other day, but once every week or two), but I've never seen anything happen to them. I *believe* that the oldest boy, the 10 year old, has been somewhere for his delinquency (sp), I'm not sure though. And yes, they do allow the three year old to run around on the streets by herself. :( We do live in a nice neighborhood, with speed bumps and everything, and they are usually at the little park across the street from their house, but anything can happen.

wombat2u2004
03-05-2007, 10:41 PM
Here is another Video! You need to hear what the mother has to say!! WTF???

Click Here (http://www.cnn.com/video/player/player.html?url=/video/law/2007/03/05/bts.tx.pot.smoking.kids.parents.kdaf&wm=11)

They must be joking, the mother, grandmother, great grandfather and probably Lord Tutu from the Congo.
These people are not civilised, they should be back in Jigaboo land throwing rocks at zebras or something.
Lock the bloody lot of them up, and foster the kid out to a loving home !!!!
Neurons in the brain are referred to in the plural...with those imbeciles it's still in the singular form !!!!
Wombat

wombat2u2004
03-05-2007, 10:43 PM
I'm not totally sure what kind of criteria you need-I know for adopting, either parent cannot have a criminal record, but I'm not sure for fostering. I think they just get a home inspection once in a while. I'm trying to count the kids I've seen...there are (at least) 3 younger boys (ages around 8-10 years old or so), a 18/19 year old girl who has a 3 year old girl herself with another on the way, another high-schooled age girl, two pre-teen girls, and a maybe 5 year old girl. I've seen other kids living there every now and then. Two of the children were born to the mother, one of the boys and the 19 year old, the rest are fostered. The boys get into the most trouble, they have been caught stealing from other people's property-been caught in people's houses, on their porches, etc. Cops are there constantly (probably not every other day, but once every week or two), but I've never seen anything happen to them. I *believe* that the oldest boy, the 10 year old, has been somewhere for his delinquency (sp), I'm not sure though. And yes, they do allow the three year old to run around on the streets by herself. :( We do live in a nice neighborhood, with speed bumps and everything, and they are usually at the little park across the street from their house, but anything can happen.

Oh dear dear !!!
Wom

Catty1
03-05-2007, 10:55 PM
Areias - are you SURE this is a foster home?

What is the 3 year old doing out on her own...sheesh....

BTW, I'm a "she" :D

Sevaede
03-05-2007, 11:14 PM

I am strongly against what these men did. It's just.... ugh! Some peoples children, ya know?

HOWEVER, cannabis does not "damage their brains to the point... etc". It does no such thing. It does not make you "mentally retarded". It looks like it was either a lapse in judgment, these young men were being stupid, or these young men were already "bad seeds".

What's wrong with looking and acting "mentally retarded" anyways? I think I know what you're referring to and I have never seen someones appearance change while they're smoking pot. Crack, meth? Yes.

Besides, blaming it on the pot just gives them another excuse and they don't have to accept the responsibility. It was *them*, *they* were the ones who decided to do what they did.

LoudLou
03-06-2007, 02:22 AM
They must be joking, the mother, grandmother, great grandfather and probably Lord Tutu from the Congo.
These people are not civilised, they should be back in Jigaboo land throwing rocks at zebras or something.
Lock the bloody lot of them up, and foster the kid out to a loving home !!!!
Neurons in the brain are referred to in the plural...with those imbeciles it's still in the singular form !!!!
Wombat

:eek: :o WOW! True the situation is disturbing, but that commment is by far the most offensive and racist thing I think I've ever seen on this board.

wombat2u2004
03-06-2007, 06:51 AM
:eek: :o WOW! True the situation is disturbing, but that commment is by far the most offensive and racist thing I think I've ever seen on this board.

Oh don't you worry about that. If they had been white kids they would have got exactly the same comments from me.
Whoever it is, they have NO right to do what they have to small children.
Call it racist, call it what you will, take offence to it.
I take more offence to those lowlifes, who will probably get away with it.
And so should you !!!!!
wombat

Daisy and Delilah
03-06-2007, 08:12 AM
After listening to the kids mother, I shudder to think what is really going on in this country every day that we don't see. I think someone already mentioned this. This behavior could be a common practice. I would certainly hope not, of course, but with such complacency, as seen on the mother's part, who knows? My skin is crawling again. Ugh :( :mad: :(

Can't we implement something in this country to prevent some people from having children? Far fetched maybe but necessary. :(