PDA

View Full Version : My cat seems really sick, i'm worried!

johnb
03-05-2007, 05:25 AM
At first he was just constipated, but now he will barely move. He'll never stand. Even if i pick him up and set him down, he'll just plop down to the floor. I got him some constipation/hairball medicine stuff but I don't think it is helping. Anyone know what to do?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Randi
03-05-2007, 06:25 AM
You should take him to your vet right away. Poor kitty. :( At least ring your vet and ask.

moosmom
03-05-2007, 07:29 AM
Randi is right. It sounds like a major blockage to me. He needs to see a vet NOW!

jennielynn1970
03-05-2007, 08:48 AM
Yes! Please get him to a vet ASAP!!! Not being able to stand is a major sign that something is not right!

Catty1
03-05-2007, 08:51 AM
Vet!! Yesterday!!!

Donnaj4962
03-05-2007, 02:28 PM
I agree.... vet right away!

Any news yet????? Please check in so we know how your baby is doing!

KittyGurl
03-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Everyone is right. The vet is the best choice. I hope your kitty will be okay. Keep us updated! :(

jennielynn1970
03-05-2007, 06:20 PM
HOw's the kitty??? Have you taken him to the vet yet?? :confused: :confused:

Medusa
03-05-2007, 07:12 PM
Get that kitty to the vet ASAP!!!

Blessings,
Mary

Catlady711
03-05-2007, 10:47 PM
At first he was just constipated, but now he will barely move. He'll never stand. Even if i pick him up and set him down, he'll just plop down to the floor. I got him some constipation/hairball medicine stuff but I don't think it is helping. Anyone know what to do?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posts like this just make me want to scream!!

You've known the cat hasn't been right for obviously a while now yet you don't call or take the cat to the vet. You apparently knew he was constipated yet you did basically nothing for the poor animal!!

How do you think you'd feel if you couldn't poop for however many days this has been going on?? It's no wonder the cat doesn't want to stand, would YOU!?!?!?

Then when the poor cat is probably near death from a probable blockage emergency (that you created by not taking care of the cat in the first place) of all things what do you do?? You look around on the internet, finally find a pet message board, go throught the time and trouble to register and figure out how to post a message wanting some kind of free easy way to cure the problem you've neglected!!! GRRRRRRR :mad: Don't you kinda think at least calling a vet would have been a faster, easier way to get information???? I mean for crying out loud how much can at least a lousy phone call possibly cost huh????

I feel sorry for your cat having to suffer while you've dallied around trying to either fix things yourself or look for a free easy way to solve a medical problem that is obviously very serious!! Given the description of the cat 'falling over' it's very possible you've sentenced that cat to a miserable death from your negligence.

If that isn't cruelty to an animal I don't know what is! :mad: :mad:

jennielynn1970
03-06-2007, 07:40 PM
We haven't heard back from him, so I'm guessing he didn't the get info he wanted (for free) or the cat might have died?? Poor thing.

Catty1
03-06-2007, 08:44 PM
I PM'd him and said not to worry if some seemed harsh...that we wanted to know how his cat was. And then CatLady posted!

I TOTALLY agree with what she said - but it is humourous to me in a sad way, because I had asked him to come back and tell us about his kitty....

Poor thing.

Catlady711
03-06-2007, 09:28 PM
I PM'd him and said not to worry if some seemed harsh...that we wanted to know how his cat was. And then CatLady posted!

I TOTALLY agree with what she said - but it is humourous to me in a sad way, because I had asked him to come back and tell us about his kitty....

Poor thing.

Sorry to mess up your PM.

I had been having an extremely bad day and this obvious animal neglect was just the straw that broke the camel's back for me. We get clients in all the time with similar situations and it just breaks my heart to see these animals suffering and makes me just wanna shake the heck out of the owners who are standing there crying their eyes out saying how much they 'love' fluffy/fido and they didn't know that letting things go for 3,4,5 weeks or more would be a 'problem'. grrrr

jennielynn1970
03-09-2007, 09:58 PM
Has anyone heard anything??

emilysgk
03-10-2007, 11:59 PM
How sad.... :( Im afraid of what happened here. I may be poor, but if some obviously serious is going on, I will find a way!! (as I did with Snow and the babes) Or they dont care... I hate that and its seen all too often!!! :mad:

moosmom
03-11-2007, 07:20 PM
I don't blame you Catlady. At first I was taken aback by your *ahem* frankness. But when you deal with stuff like that all day long, people's stupidity towards their animals it's understandable.

I may be broke, but I FIND a way to get my cats the medical attention they need. No ifs, ands or buts about it!!

kb2yjx
03-12-2007, 06:55 PM
I think the reason why I did not post on this thread was because I would say something like Catlady.Whenever I see post like this, I want to write that we are NOT vets, and if your cat is THAT sick, this is not the place where you should be looking for advice!!! Sandra

columbine
03-12-2007, 10:21 PM
I think the reason why I did not post on this thread was because I would say something like Catlady.Whenever I see post like this, I want to write that we are NOT vets, and if your cat is THAT sick, this is not the place where you should be looking for advice!!! SandraSame here. It seems A) obvious what to say, B) clear that it wouldn't be heard, and C) accomplish nothing except making me sadder about the situation.

(That little graphic down there is a link to bumper stickers, buttons, and shirts on this very theme.)

Love, Columbine