PDA

View Full Version : Fender Pictures

theterrierman
03-04-2007, 04:10 PM
After having Fender for about 15 days, I've finally had some time to post a few of him. His housetraining is really going well, still a couple accidents when I've been busy and forgotten about him, but he scratches at the door and everything. He is also quite obedient for the little bit of training he's had so far. Definitely the right dog for me and the family.

xcolbi
03-04-2007, 04:26 PM
Fender is adorable. :D Congrats with the training.

CatLuvrs
03-04-2007, 04:29 PM
fender is too cute! What kind of pup is he?

BCollie_Kelly
03-04-2007, 04:31 PM
Fender is quite a stunning boy! :)

theterrierman
03-04-2007, 04:34 PM
fender is too cute! What kind of pup is he?

He is a Brittany

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/brittany.htm

theterrierman
03-04-2007, 04:39 PM
He's quite a lucky boy, actually. I first met him at 5.5 weeks (I think), and I put a deposit down on him a few days later. After we put the deposit down, never heard from the breeder, and their phone was disconnected. I found out later they had a fire that destroyed their home and killed 18 dogs - 10 puppies, 5 adult Britts, and 3 Chihuahuas, because their house had bad wiring. Luckily, all the humans got out alive, also Fender, 3 littermates, and 3 puppies from another litter. (No, they're not a mill, two females that they wanted to breed came into heat a week apart.) Miraculously, Fender as we know him now was the puppy I chose from the litter before the fire. So, he's pretty special to me.

ETA: Here's the breeder's webpage. www.ataboy.ca The husband hunts with the dogs, and the wife and kids show them, so the dogs are truly dual purpose. Fender's mom (RB) is from hunting lines, and his father is from show lines.

Taz_Zoee
03-04-2007, 04:44 PM
Oh, he is adorable!! Will his eyes stay that color, or will they change darker?
Also, just curious how you came about his name? Having a musician boyfriend the first thing I think of is Fender guitars. lol :D

GiantSchnauzer
03-04-2007, 04:51 PM
What a cutie! Good luck with him.

Ginger's Mom
03-04-2007, 04:53 PM
Aw, he is adorable. There is a Brittany that we see quite often at the dog park. She is so intense. All she wants to do is hunt. She is amazing to watch. Her mom says in the house she is totally different, quite laid back and ready to either play or relax whichever you want her to do.

theterrierman
03-04-2007, 05:10 PM
Oh, he is adorable!! Will his eyes stay that color, or will they change darker?
Also, just curious how you came about his name? Having a musician boyfriend the first thing I think of is Fender guitars. lol :D

All the adult Britts I've seen have hazel or brown eyes. They've changed already. When we got him @ 8 weeks and 5 days, they were very bright deep blue, whereas now, he's 11 weeks tomorrow, and they're bluey-green. Yes, I named him after Fender guitars. I fully plan to get a second dog named Gibson once I move out :D .

Here's his auntie Ivana

http://www.ataboy.ca/images/ivana7.jpg

Toby's my baby
03-04-2007, 05:15 PM
Aww!! He is adorable!! Wonderful pictures, I hope we get to see more soon!

elizabethann
03-04-2007, 05:16 PM
Fender is so cute. :)

k9krazee
03-04-2007, 07:21 PM
Oh my gosh, he is ADORABLE!!! And I love his name!

kimlovescats
03-04-2007, 07:32 PM
WOW! He is a gorgeous boy! Love his eyes! :eek:

Taz_Zoee
03-04-2007, 08:15 PM
All the adult Britts I've seen have hazel or brown eyes. They've changed already. When we got him @ 8 weeks and 5 days, they were very bright deep blue, whereas now, he's 11 weeks tomorrow, and they're bluey-green. Yes, I named him after Fender guitars. I fully plan to get a second dog named Gibson once I move out :D .

I love the color of his eyes!! They will probably look like his Aunties then, beautiful!
We thought about those names with Zoee, but they are more masculine names. I love it!!!

Tollers-n-Dobes
03-04-2007, 08:23 PM
He's beautiful! I love Brittanys.