PDA

View Full Version : The Flu

dogzr#1
03-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Okay, I just found out yesterday that I have the flu. The thing is, this is my second time getting it this school year. I got it in November, then I was fine for awhile. I got sick again a couple weeks later, but I think it was just a cough and cold. My doctor gave me anti-biotic and I was fine, but my cough never went away. I think I also gave my cough/cold to my parents so they had it. I was fine while they were both sick but now I think they gave me their sickness again. Went to the Dr. and it turns out it is the flu.

I feel so awful. I can't really sleep because my bones ache, mostly my back. I've had fever twice in the past two days and I constantly have chills. My nose is so sore from blowing all the time and I just feel disgusting. Do you guys have any ideas on how I can help myself feel better? Thanks in advance! :)

xcolbi
03-04-2007, 04:33 PM
Aw, feel better soon! :)

BCollie_Kelly
03-04-2007, 04:46 PM
I was sick all last weekend, ugh I hate it.

Hope you feel better soon! :)

kimlovescats
03-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Lots of rest, Ibupofren and Tylenol for pain and fever, plenty of good cool drinks, and nightime cold medicine to help the nose and sleep! ;)

Get well soon!

Kim

Lori Jordan
03-04-2007, 06:23 PM
Im sorry to hear this,I just got over the flu,It is worse now that i am diabetic,Flu's that would last 2 days last 2 weeks on me i really have a hard time.

Get losts of rest and Chicken Noodle Soup.

columbine
03-04-2007, 10:22 PM
Take Advil faithfully for the aches & fever, drink lots of liquids, and rub chapstick on your nose & cheeks where it hurts from blowing. Or if you have some handy, rub on a bit of Bag Balm (http://www.bagbalm.com/). It was invented for chapped cow udders, but I haven't found anything that repairs a blown-out nose & cheeks faster! But it's made with lanolin, so if you're allergic to wool, don't use it.

Love, Columbine

dogzr#1
03-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Thank you guys so much! All I have been doing the past couple of days is sleeping XD. I take a good dose of cough medicine before I go to bed so now I can actually get some sleep at night. I took the chapstick advice too, and just have to say that it works wonders! My nose isn't sore at all anymore! Thank you again!