PDA

View Full Version : Prayers please!

animal_rescue
03-04-2007, 02:29 PM
Earlier today I set up the bathroom for the piggies to have floor time. I left them in there with their shelter and a plate of fruit and veggies. Shut the door and would go in to check on them from time to time. Well my older sister came home to take a shower and she swears she shut the door when she was done. I think she's lying but my dogs got a hold of the guinea pigs. My little sister heard Squishy screaming and ran in there to see Roxie chewing on Squirt. She got all the dogs out of the bathroom and then my dad came and got me. I went in there and while neither of them are hurt Squirt's fur is wet and he isn't acting right at all. I picked him up and he put no fight into me not holding him, he usually does. He won't even run around now. He just kind of walks and sleeps. Squishy is laying down now and won't go near Squirt. I'm hoping their just exhausted from what happened and will be okay. I feel horrible for them, it was an accident and I know my fault. Please pray they will be okay and will start acting fine soon. :(

Kalei
03-04-2007, 02:38 PM
Oh no. It wasn't your fault, it was obviously an accident and no one really knows how it happened. Let's just hope and pray that the little piggies will be okay. They are either just very shocked and traumatized from the sudden attack, or hopefully they don't have some severe muscle or bone damage. Let's just hope that they are just very shocked and need time to come around.

I"m praying for the little guys.

DrKym
03-04-2007, 03:20 PM
Megan,
I am so sorry to hear this! of course my prayers are with you.

We have piggies too, and although my dogs leave em alone....except for Rusty who steals them and mothers them., we have had a friends dog grab one, Miss Gummypig acted the same way, after a call to the vets, he told us to watch for labored breathing(possible broken ribs) to closely monitor water intake, and to make sure there was a heating pad set on low for her to lie on (we placed it under the cage so she couldn't reach the wires or the pad) we added all her fave treats. She made a full recovery, after 48 hours.

I hope that helps you to relax, I am certain you are already doing these things, but just in case you forgot one.

Btw, we were snowed in which is why we didn't take her to the vet, and just called him instead.

We will pray for you and your precious piggies.

Hugs to you and Maggie the wonder Dobe!

Kym

BCollie_Kelly
03-04-2007, 03:32 PM
I'm so sorry, you must have been scared to death! Please don't blame yourself though, accidents happen.

Here's to praying they'll start acting normal soon <3

animal_rescue
03-04-2007, 03:47 PM
Thanks guys, yes I'm watching them very closely right now. Squishy is eating/drinking/walking around fine now. But Squirt is still sleeping.

chocolatepuppy
03-04-2007, 04:19 PM
Oh no! Prayers headed out for your piggies. I hope they're both ok.

sweetpatata6
03-04-2007, 05:47 PM
*crosses fingers* that their both O.k. that they were just acting wierd because they were a bit shaken up for the moment :( I hope they get better

freckledimple
03-04-2007, 06:09 PM
I hope your piggies feel better soon.

CatLuvrs
03-04-2007, 06:10 PM
My prayers are with you and the piggies. We had our lab do that to Marissa's when she was 3 scared her to death and me. I hope they are ok

Crayons09
03-04-2007, 08:20 PM
prayers on the way for your pigs! Borris sends get well wheeks to your two.

animal_rescue
03-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Thanks guys, my babies are doing okay for now. They've been eating, drinking, and are beginning to walk around. Although I can tell something is still wrong, possibly they are still shaken up by it all. :( Sad I'm just so sad to not see Squirt popcorning like he usually does and Squishy isn't very talkative right now. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Also I stuck a heating pad under their cage as well and it seems to be working nicely.

Zippy
03-04-2007, 10:41 PM
I will keep your piggies in my prayers.Hope they feel better soon.
(((HUGS)))to you.

Genny
03-05-2007, 04:29 AM
I'm sorry! I hope they gte better! I bet he'll be alright though. I'll say a prayer for them both tonight :)

sweetpatata6
03-05-2007, 06:43 AM
Good to see their doing better!! Please keep us up dated!

animal_rescue
03-05-2007, 03:34 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm way happy to say they are both doing great today. :D When I got home from school Squishy and Squirt both talked to me about their day and how I'm starving them, ect.. :rolleyes: Also Squirt was his normal bratty self when I was cuddling him. So I'm pretty sure everything is fine with both of them. YAY

xsyd
03-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Aww no! My prayers are with you. I hope they're okay :(

sweetpatata6
03-05-2007, 05:00 PM
YEAH!! I'm so happy, and they've been on my mind all day!!

My Peanuts
03-05-2007, 05:27 PM
I'm sorry to hear about the piggies. Prayers on the way for them. Maybe Squirt is just in shock since there are not wounds?

DrKym
03-05-2007, 05:45 PM
SO HAPPY to hear that update, piggies are awfully delicate , but the buggers are also darn resilient aren't they?? :D

Megan I am so thrilled they yelled at you, ours are constantly telling everyone how awful we are since they KNOW we are holding out on food! ;)

Hugs to you and Maggie,

Kym

Chilli
03-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Yay! I am so pleased to hear a good report. I know how nerve wrecking and horrible it is to be in suspence for whether or not your baby will be alright. :)

(((hugs!))) all around! That must have been incredibly scary for you and the piggies both.