PDA

View Full Version : Funny Dog Story from a few years back!!

critter crazy
03-03-2007, 03:32 PM
About 4 years ago, we had our Beautiful rotti boy Zues. Well both hubby and I being in the Army, were not home alot. But Zues did so great. we were home every night, but left early in the morning, and came home late at night. Well one day, hubby let for work after me, which was odd, as he usually left before me, but anyways, he had a conference in NYC but didnt hve to be there till afternoon, but wouldnt be home till the next day.

I came home from work, Greeted Zues, Let him out to potty. I was home for maybe 10 minutes when the Phone Rang. It was one of my neighbors from down the road, she called to let me know, that she had noticed our door wide open in the middle of the day, and that she had called the State Police, fearing that there had been a robery. Over the last few weeks there had been quite a few breakins, and the front door was always left open, and all the fauctes running.

I ran around the house checking things out and wondering how the heck, Zues was still here, and that the door was closed and locked? Everything seemed to be in its place. About an Hour later, i got another Phone call this time from The State Police. The officer was talking to me, and telling me that he had responded to a call, about a possible break in, so came to the house,a nd sure enough the Front door was wide open. he walked onto our Front Porch, and was just about to step in when he Heard a dog growling! He didnt even see the dog, just heard him. So he called out to see if the dog would show himself, and our Zues Poked his snarling face around the corner, from the hallway! So the officer seeing a 120+ pound Rotti, decided it would be best to step back slowly.

the officer went to his car, grabbed a few dog treats, that he always carried with him, and tried to coax the dog out of the house, so he could check the property. The officer said it took him over an hour to convince Zues that he was a friend, and was a good guy. he did a walk through the house, felt there had been no robbery, and put Zues back in the house, and locked up. He was laughing to whole time on the phone! He figured that tehre had been no Break in, considering he Himself couldnt egt in the house, but wanted to make sure anyways! He said I had an excelent gurad dogs! ha ha!

I couldnt believ that Zues never left the house, as the neighbors said they never saw him! he was such a great dog! I so miss him!
Come to find out, hubby had not latched the door all the way, and the wind had blown it open. Darn men!! It still was pretty funny, But I am so glad that my dog stayed in the house, and that he did not attack the officer that showed up to help! i was so proud of him!

Here is a pic of my big protector! RIP Zues 12-19-2005
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/mjones77/Our%20Critters/Picture198.jpg

lizbud
03-03-2007, 04:41 PM
That's a great story. Zeus is a hero. Dog's are remarkable aren't they? :)

My RB dog Buddy was that kind of dog. :)