PDA

View Full Version : I Am So Proud Of My Son!!!!

rg_girlca
03-02-2007, 10:06 PM
I know I should probably put this in General, but my PT friends are on here and I just have to share this with you all.

There was a major fire that started around 5:00 p.m. two streets away from where my oldest son, Mark lives. He got home from work and went to see what it was about. It was a Toyota car dealership place that was on fire. There was only 1 firetruck at the time. Anyhoo, the back brick wall of the place fell onto the back of some apartment buildings on the street over and there were cars exploding because of the fuel in them. My son ran to the apartment, because the back of it was starting to set on fire. He knocked on all the doors and most of the people were elderly. He started to get them out of the building and helped them over the snowbanks to get safely to the other side of the street. Today we had a major snowstorm. He even helped some of them with their pets. He went back in to make sure everyone was out. Thank goodness it was a small apartment building and the fire, so far, was contained in the back. He stayed to make sure the elderly were okay and once the firemen and police arrived he went back home. Some of them had gone down the street to a Boys Club to get out of the cold. Others went to a friends house. The also send a Red Cross bus for those who have no where to go.
To say that I am so darn PROUD of my son is an understatement.
Due to the fire, his power was off so he came over here for supper and was telling me what happened. I couldn't stop telling him how proud I was of him. I also told him that if his power didn't come on soon, to bring my two grandbabies here. After all, I didn't want them to get too cold.
To make this official, here are pictures of Mark's cats.

Here is a picture of Fred.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/pa48f958fc43855b427bf7fd10f2557d0/ea75620c.jpg

And this is Tom.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p0078a97fdbd7c6c738bec57f9a097d65/ea756207.jpg

My son Mark.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/pe7b76ae7e457fc890a6d41152b09939c/ea755876.jpg

I am just beaming here with pride. :D :D
I asked him how he felt about it and he said he didn't really feel anything. I asked him what he meant by that and he said that he didn't take the time to think about anything, he just did it, BUT, I bet it made him feel good to help those people.

I just had to share this with all of you. :D

critter crazy
03-02-2007, 10:10 PM
You should be proud!! Such a selfless act! what a hero! Job well done!! Love the cats too by the way!

jenluckenbach
03-03-2007, 05:33 AM
LES!! What a wonderful person he is. :) (and HANDSOME too) ;)

orangemm
03-03-2007, 05:36 AM
Yes, LES here, too. What a wonderful guy he is, just going in and doing what he thought had to be done. Give him a hug from me.

I guess he got the 'rescue' gene from you........... ;)

ETA: his 'boys' are gorgeous!!

Lori Jordan
03-03-2007, 07:11 AM
What a good Boy,Very cute too!

Freedom
03-03-2007, 08:36 AM
Hooray, ya did good with the skin kid as well as with the fur babies!!!

kuhio98
03-03-2007, 08:54 AM
Well done!

Mark, your mama must have raised you right!

joycenalex
03-03-2007, 09:16 AM
ya both done good. thank you for being good people in an often ungood world. les and a full heart.

Medusa
03-03-2007, 09:30 AM
That's the definition of a true hero, someone who purposely places himself in danger to help others. What a son you have there! And he's quite a looker, too. You did quite a good job raising that guy.

Blessings,
Mary

moosmom
03-03-2007, 09:40 AM
You SHOULD be proud!!! Any guy who likes cats is a keeper in my book. I'm in love with a cat named FRED...

catmandu
03-03-2007, 09:41 AM
Your som Mark deserves a medal for getting those people and pets to safety.
Thats the true definition of a hero.
Mark , not only your mother but everyone on Pet Talk is PROUD of you.
And you have two very handsome Cats.

Marigold2
03-03-2007, 09:47 AM
There are some real heroes left in this world. :D Your son is one of them.

kimlovescats
03-03-2007, 10:55 AM
It's no surprise that Mark would be so kind hearted, knowing who his mommy is! ;) Oh and he is HANDSOME!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: ;)

CultureJunky
03-03-2007, 11:04 AM
That is an inspiring story to say the least, well done Mark for helping those people, but hey he's a cat lover, so you know, what do expect! :)

phesina
03-03-2007, 11:24 AM
What a good person your son Mark is, Lorraine! (That's no surprise, knowing what his mother is like.) You have every right to be as proud as you can be.

Mark, you are a true hero. Congratulations on a job bravely taken on and well done, and bless your wonderful heart.

Fred, Tom, and Mark are all very nice-looking guys, too!

Pat, Peony, Poppy, Priscilla, Sydney, and Elmer

DrKym
03-03-2007, 11:27 AM
WTG MOM!! Great job of raising such an amazing young man!
I do hope he gets the recognition he deserves! How wonderful to be so selfless in what so many of us see as a selfish world!!

LES here!

You whole family wil be in our prayers, thanks to you both for making such a bright spot in our day.

The Goodnows.

kb2yjx
03-03-2007, 11:30 AM
Shucks!!! The Campbell Clan, humans and felines, are pleased as punch to read the story of such a hero!!! You have every right to be proud of your son!! He deserves to be honoured at city hall with the key to the city for his bravery!!! Be a proud Mom, you raised Mark right. He put his life on the line to save others!!!! Mark, our HUMAN of the DAY!!!!!
Norton, Molly Meu, Raven, Tina Peepers, Nicholas, Riley, Hayley, Hope Simone, Barry, and Sandra

rg_girlca
03-03-2007, 12:17 PM
Oh gosh, you have all given me LES.
Thank you all so much for your very kind words.

Here is what was written in today's Montreal Gazette about the fire.

Fire erupts in Verdun at car dealership
The Gazette; PC
Published: Saturday, March 03, 2007
A firefighter was injured and two other people required medical treatment after a fire broke out at a car dealership in Verdun yesterday. The fire began in the early evening in a Toyota outlet on Woodland Ave. About 100 firefighters fought the intense blaze. One of the firefighters fell and injured a knee. An ambulance was called to provide oxygen for a nearby resident, while another person who had recently undergone a quadruple bypass received treatment. About 30 people were ordered out of nearby buildings as a precaution, and power to the neighbourhood was cut. The blaze was under control by 10 p.m.

© The Gazette (Montreal) 2007

Donnaj4962
03-03-2007, 01:25 PM
WOW! That is some story of rescue! You should be very proud of your son! What a hero he is to all of those people he got out of the building!

And I have to add.... I usualy am looking at gorgeous kitties on PT, and ehile your grand kitties ARE very cute.... YOUR SON IS A HUNK!!!!!!!!! ;)

:::Wishing I lived in Canada so that I could meet this local hero!::: :o

Don Juan's mom
03-03-2007, 01:26 PM
Golly, your boy even LOOKS like a hero! ;) :o

Liz

Edwina's Secretary
03-03-2007, 01:49 PM
Congratulations on a well-raised son....a good and brave citizen....great neighbor and...might I add....VERY easy on the eyes! ;) :D

elizabethann
03-03-2007, 03:02 PM
Mark sounds like a wonderful man...a true hero. And he's cute too! :D

kitimom
03-03-2007, 03:20 PM
What an inspirational story!!! Mark is one very brave young man and deserves lots of accolades for what he did!!! You have raised a wonderful young man!!
Oh, yeah, he is VERY HANDSOME too!!
The kitties are very blessed to have a daddy like that!!!

lisalee
03-03-2007, 03:31 PM
That's wonderful! Your son is very nice looking and so are his beautiful kitties. :)

krazyaboutkatz
03-03-2007, 04:19 PM
You have a wonderful son there and should be very proud of him.:) He and his cats are all very handsome too.:)

jennielynn1970
03-03-2007, 07:32 PM
LES!! What a wonderful person he is. :) (and HANDSOME too) ;)

Exactly what I was thinking! Wow! He's a definite hottie, and he loves cats! Could there exist a more perfect man?!

Taz_Zoee
03-03-2007, 08:12 PM
All I can say is WOW!! Not only is he a hero that loves cats, but he is VERY handsome. Too bad I'm not single...and probably not a few years younger. LOL
His boys are gorgeous too! :D

You have every right to be an extremely proud mom right now!!!
Heck, I'm proud and I don't even know him. :)

rg_girlca
03-03-2007, 09:14 PM
Thank you all for your lovely comments about me and Mark. They have really made my night.
You are just to kind with your words. Thank you very much. :)

Bengalz
03-03-2007, 09:34 PM
Mark you truly are a terrific person to step in and help people in need. It takes courage and a good heart.

And .... you made your Mama proud :D Now that is wonderful thing :D

P.S. Any guy who loves kitty cats has to have a heart of gold :)

catnapper
03-03-2007, 10:17 PM
What a great story Lorraine. You have every reason to be proud of him. :) Ya done good ma! :D

ShylanHal
03-04-2007, 01:25 AM
It's not just the deeds that make the hero, it's the reasons why they did them, too.
Some do it for the fame
Some do it for the good feelings
Some do it to help people
Some do it because they can
And some do it just because it comes as naturally as breathing.

All of these make them public heros, but it's what in their hearts that count: the fact that your son didn't even think before acting selflessly to help those people, and didn't relish in any glory, makes him that much more of a hero.

I'm kinda wishing I lived in Canada, too :P There aren't many guys like that who live here in Oregon. Especially with cats. And those boys are just adorable!
I'm sure they'd be perfect ickle matches for my girls! :rolleyes: :p
kidding, teehee!

But all in all, that is a great and wonderful thing that your son did, and you have more than a right to be proud of him. It's just too bad that the paper didn't mention him, but then again, that's what makes the best heros, the ones who don't care if anyone remembered that they helped save the day, right?

carole
03-04-2007, 01:37 AM
I just love reading stories like these, you should indeed be a proud mama, that is some boy you have there, rather young man, and yes i have to agree what a handsome guy he is. :D

Killearn Kitties
03-04-2007, 02:43 AM
Can't really add to all that has been said already. What a guy!
Pet Talk is very proud of him too. :D

momcat
03-05-2007, 07:40 AM
As well you should be, Lorraine!!!!! Mark is without question a hero in the truest sense of the word. I'm sure that the people he selflessly helped will forever hold him in a special place in their hearts. I know I will.

Mark has proven that there are good kids out there. Your wonderful son and others just like him deserve to be on the front page of every newspaper. Perhaps in time he'll realize exactly what he did.

Mark, I'm also very proud of you for showing such bravery in the face of danger. If I were in Montreal right now I'd give you a kiss and a hug, but I'll ask your Mom to deliver them for me instead.

Lorraine, thank you for giving our world a fine young man!!!!!

NKBurlington
03-05-2007, 08:00 AM
Wow. Your son's a hottie - and very brave! You should be very proud of him.

jazzcat
03-06-2007, 07:42 AM
Wow, great story. You should be very proud!

Queen of Poop
03-06-2007, 10:13 AM
Mom, you have every right to be proud. Your son did an amazing thing. He truly is a hero. Please pass along that we are all so proud of him, and you for raising him right!!!

rg_girlca
03-06-2007, 08:51 PM
Thank you everyone for your very kind words.
I wanted to call the news station and mention what he did, but he made it very clear to me, NO!!

I e-mailed this link to him and I'm sure it will bring a smile to his face and he will probably blush also from all the "handsome" and "hottie" comments.

Thank you all again. Your comments really brightened my day. :D

Vermontcat
03-06-2007, 09:03 PM
What a great story, and what a great son you have. :)
I have to agree with everyone else that Mark and his kitties are all quite handsome.

rg_girlca
03-06-2007, 09:04 PM
Thank you Vermontcat. :)