PDA

View Full Version : Puttin It All Together

Bunnicula05
06-30-2002, 11:00 AM
They have all the construction finished. Today we are cleaning downstairs because it's dusty. So, I need to get a litter box and I can move my buns back inside. Mom says she really doesn't want them back inside cuz of the smell. I told her that if I get a litter box it's a smaller area to clean and won't smell as bad and there are some odor control stuff out on the market too. Wish me luck!

Daisylover
07-01-2002, 09:36 AM
I bet you're happy to be back and that the construction is done.

Re Odor control......rinse the litter boxes with white vinegar, it deoderizes and disinfects.....about 1/3 cup will work, swish around and dump it out then add the new litter. If someone accidently pees on the floor this is great for that too.
Another thing I use for odor control is baking soda!!!! I can buy 10 lb boxes of Arm & Hammer at Sam's Club for $4.something.
I sprinkle about 1/2 cup on the bottom of the box bef I put in the litter. I kinda thought that lining a litter box with newspaper to help make the clean up easier actually causes the odor to be more prevelant, so I don't use the newspaper anymore.
Of course the best odor control is to change the litter at least once a day......in really hot weather I'll change it 2xs, but then I have 4 buns sharing the same room.

I bet if you present these deoderizing options to your mom she might be more amenable to having the buns back in the house!
Good luck!

Heather Wallace
07-01-2002, 10:12 AM
Good luck to you!