PDA

View Full Version : Ok I'm still in shock..

animal_rescue
03-01-2007, 10:04 PM
First I want to say if you don't agree with being gay or bi read no more!
This is big news to me and I just had to share it with someone, so why not publicly on the internet? :p

I'm bi, I've always known I was bi, and I've always had trouble keeping it a secret. For the past 6 years I've been struggling to tell my mom and practically urging myself to tears because I wanted to tell her so badly. Honestly I could care less of what anyone in the world thinks of me, except my mom. I've always taken her opinions about myself close to heart.

Finally she made a comment to me today that basically made me think "yep, she knows". So while I was laying on the couch watching t.v. with her I told her and her response almost made me want to cry. She looked right at me and said "Yea I know.. give me a kiss, hon" I'm so honestly lucky to have it go that well. It's almost shocking. Anyways I'm quite pleased right now and hopefully I won't have as bad as problems with myself now. Not that I'm officially coming out to every person I know, but still it's nice to at least not be denying it anymore. Heck I've wanted to tell my mom since I was 11, now 17.

Sorry I know this is all way personal but I'm so happy I just had to share. I'm kind of working on feeling better about myself now. :)

Daisy and Delilah
03-01-2007, 10:20 PM
That is just terrific!! Sometimes Mom's can be pretty perceptive and we just don't realize it. I'm very happy for you :) You must be on top of the world!!

Pembroke_Corgi
03-01-2007, 10:38 PM
I'm glad that you were able to be honest with your mother and that she was so understanding and accepting. :)

Moms are great, aren't they?

cloverfdx
03-01-2007, 10:45 PM
That is wonderful {{Hugs}}. I am glad you have a very loving Mother :).

Pawsitive Thinking
03-02-2007, 03:55 AM
Your Mum just wants you to be happy!!! I hope my daughter would be able to come to me with anything.

Enjoy being you!!! :D

Pam
03-02-2007, 04:39 AM
Mom's love us no matter what (or at least they should). :) So often we hear otherwise nowadays. :( I am glad that you and your mom have a wonderful relationship. :)

Lori Jordan
03-02-2007, 05:43 AM
That is Wonderful,Remeber always have Faith,If one of my kids came to me i would do the same.You should always be open with your Parents,Some might judge,But in reality it could be shock to them also,Or in other cases the parents just don't want to hear it,Your Mother is a Lovely Lady.

You should be thankful that she is your mom,She will always be there for you no matter what.

Dorothy39
03-02-2007, 06:00 AM
How very Wonderful : to be openly honest with your Mother , & discovering unconditional love . :o

I've kept aside an older day to day calendar~

March 1st~
If there be one thing pure......that can endure when all else passes away....it is a mother's love.

Marchioness De Spadara

trayi52
03-02-2007, 06:06 AM
I will always love my children whatever they do or choose to do with their lives, they are mine. It is their choice. All my Children are grown now, and I am proud of each and everyone of them. If they come to me and say they are bisexual, then they are still mine no matter what. How do you stop loving your child? You don't!

I am glad everything went so well with your Mom, just proves how much she loves you, and yes, she is just a very cool lady! Give her my love.

Willie :)

critter crazy
03-02-2007, 06:07 AM
OMG! I am sorry, but my eyes are watering! Your mom is awsome! You must feel so good right now, knowing you hae such a great support! Kudos to your mom! You are such a brave person to share such a personal story! Kudos to You!:)

JenBKR
03-02-2007, 08:19 AM
What a terrific mom you have. Mom's can sure be great, can't they? :D

CathyBogart
03-02-2007, 12:26 PM
That's absolutely wonderful, congratulations!!

sparks19
03-02-2007, 01:43 PM
Don't be silly........ Mom's know EVERYTHING :D Even when you think they don't lol.

I live 9 hours away from my mom and before we even found out for sure that I was pregnant my mom made a random comment about me getting pregnant.... this was not even a week before I found out LOL.

I do'nt know how they do it but they just know.

Mom's are great.

Congrats on having a great mother :D

lvpets2002
03-02-2007, 01:51 PM
:) Hey that is so great that you have such a wounderfull understanding mom.. I would have had her same reaction.. She just Loves you & wants you to be happy.. Always remember that if you do not have trust, honesty, faith & respect for yourself = then no one will.. Congrats

Lobodeb
03-02-2007, 01:57 PM
Let's see.

First of all, contratulations for knowing who are are and accepting it.

Second of all, congratulations for finally being able to tell your mom. That must have been such a huge weight lifted off of your shoulders.

Thirdly, congratulations for having such an awsome mom.

Was there any reason you thought she might have reacted differently? Do you normally have open lines of communication with your mom?

animal_rescue
03-02-2007, 02:56 PM
Thanks all, your the best as well!

Yes I usually tell my mom everything but talking to a few older people who nearly broke my heart when said they were Okay with me being bi but would probably be disappointed if their own children were.

Also when I told my twin sister, it took time for her to umm accept it and she reacted badly when I first told her, so that kind of scared me as well.

KitCat
03-06-2007, 01:25 PM
Glad things went so well. You are lucky your Mom understands..

carole
03-06-2007, 02:13 PM
I am so happy you have felt you could share this with your mother at long last, you know most mother's love their children no matter what,being bi or gay is not a crime, or anything to be ashamed of, it is you, and she loves you unconditionally,alway's remember that and next time you have anything you are scared to share, think about that, and it will be much easier.

buttercup132
03-06-2007, 03:38 PM
Thats good to hear Megan glad your mom was so understanding about it. Yhat must have been a hard thing to do.

Argranade
03-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Awww that's so cute lol *ahem*

My parents do not like gay people no offence lol.

But as for me I don't hate them I honestly don't think anything more or less about them.

We are all humans and all have feelings and souls so that's all that matters.

Sophist
03-06-2007, 04:49 PM
Good for you for taking a chance, and for deciding to trust in your mom and include her in another part of your life.

And good for your mom for being there for you, and for loving you enough to understand who you are.

IRescue452
03-06-2007, 04:57 PM
I'm glad you have such an understanding mother. The only troubles I have in my family for being gay are my grandparents, who uninvited me to christmas and a birthday party for my grandmother. It can still hurt when other people say it'd be ok for you but not their kids. Its a very weak way of covering up that either they are against it or they don't care about you. Anyway, if ya ever need to talk, pm me anytime.

My Peanuts
03-06-2007, 05:13 PM
LOL, sounds just like my family when my bro came out. When he told me he worked himself up so much and I was like, 'yeah I know. I thought you were going to tell me something bad."

It's so awesome of your mom to react that way. My mom and dad are the same way. So many families are torn apart for no good reason.

*iluvskipper*
03-06-2007, 06:03 PM
Oh that's so great!! I think it probly took a lot to go and tell your mom somthing like that but I'm glad you could do it Good job!! :D

mike001
03-06-2007, 06:11 PM
Go give your mom a kiss and a hug for me. She's the kind of mother every child should have. She did a great job raising you and it shows in the fact that you were comfy enough to share this with her. Glad you aren't coping alone anymore, friends and understanding go a long way. Don't worry about your sis, she'll come around, your mom is her mom too, remember that, she'll give the same love as your mom gives both of you.

Suki Wingy
03-07-2007, 03:08 PM
that must be a HUGE relief! Congrats to you for having an awsome mom. :) And for gathering up the courage to tell her.

Danegirl2208
03-07-2007, 03:19 PM
thats great Megan!! :) What a wonderful mother you have..((hugs)) to you and her :)

Kalei
03-07-2007, 04:06 PM
I think that is great! Good for you on telling your mother, and mothers usually understand too:)

I don't think anyone should ever have to feel they will be disliked or hated upon because of their sexuality. If you are bi, then that is who you are and people should still like you for who you are:D

Miss Z
03-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Well done Megan for having the bravery to talk to your mum, and well done to your mum for being...well...amazing! It's so nice to see something so heart-warming on PT right now. ;)

sparks19
03-07-2007, 04:31 PM
I'm glad you have such an understanding mother. The only troubles I have in my family for being gay are my grandparents, who uninvited me to christmas and a birthday party for my grandmother. It can still hurt when other people say it'd be ok for you but not their kids. Its a very weak way of covering up that either they are against it or they don't care about you. Anyway, if ya ever need to talk, pm me anytime.

Grandparents can be tricky people. They are usually old fashioned and very set in their ways. My grandparents are the same way.

My cousin got pregnant when she was 17 and her b/f left her. My grandmother went on and on and on and on about how stupid she was for doing such things and getting herself into such a situation. It was quite sad but everythign is fine now as that was years ago. But my grandmother is VERY old fashioned and I really think most of the time that she is not happy unless she is complaining about someone or something someone did lol.

Again, congrats on having a wonderful mother. I only hope I can be half as understanding and patient with my children.

crow_noir
03-07-2007, 11:32 PM
That is so awesome that your Mom was so understanding!!! *HUGS* Congratulations.

I got some insight from my Godmother one day about some strange behavior of my mother back when i was in high school. My mom had been freaked out thinking that i was a witch and worshiping Satan. All she ever said to me was stuff about following God. In reality all i had been doing was Reike. True enough i had brought home some pagan books from the library, but until high school is didn't know that witches and such were even real. I felt so alone with my abilities to heal. I had never heard of any such thing besides Jesus being able to do that. I had tried talking to my Mom a few times about it, but the conversations never lasted long. (Like i said... now i know why.)

Not being accepted by our parents can be very hurtful and damaging.

My mom had read a lot more on the stuff since then and has now even admitted to me that she had the ability when she was younger too. (It had sort of been a self denile thing her lashing out at me. ) She's even apologized, but the hurt has already been done. Teenagers are very emotionally vulnerable creatures and need every ounce of support they can get. It hurt that she wasn't there for me when i need her the most.

I am so VERY happy for you that you Mom IS there for you. (I even have a tear of joy hanging in the corner of my eye right now.)

king2005
03-09-2007, 02:59 PM
Thats wonderful news on so many levels *GREAT BIG HUGS*!!!

I live with a married gay couple & they are very open about their sexuality. I felt odd around them at first cause I honestly didn't know what to think. They asked me if I was uncomfy when they kissed & stuff... I said honestly, just a little as its not what I'm use to. They said, ya it can take a while to get use to we're not offended by your OMG look ;)

Not sure if this will make you stronger or not, but its what I learned from the guys, so if it helps you out Awesome :D

I grew up using the term gay as a negative like... That colour is so gay! The guys said words have more then one meaning & thats how they look at it. Every now & then I use that word as a negative (I try not to)... Chad uses it all the times as he grew up using it as a negative aswell.

OH heres something to have a little fun with, Chad LOVES to use it & its too funny... Its almost part of my vocabulary now lol ok... Chad will ask which direction... I'll say "Straight".. Chad will reply you mean "Gaylee Forward" as I'm not straight lol :rolleyes:

Within time you'll learn to have a load of fun & very little will bother you (except for personal attacks :( )... Its a tough world, but once you learn to NOT care what others think, the world is a sweet sweet place :D

If you haven't already I strongly recommend watching the series Queer as Folk. Its a moral booster as it shows the lives of gay people & what they go through & how they deal with homophobes, & how they came out of the closet, etc. Its a VERY addictive series, but it is simi graphic, as there are a couple times through out the series the camera goes too low, or its a crazy crowd of people running in the buff :D You can get the series at Block Buster or Rogers Video.

I'm a Fag Hag (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fag_hag) & darn proud of it! Its the best life I've ever had.

Oh & don't get down if your friends get a little uncomfy around you.. give them time. It'll all work out :D

If you ever need to chat or anything I'm on msn all day & check emails often.

Now go out & get yourself a Pride Flag & be darn proud of who you are :D