PDA

View Full Version : North FL & South AL/GA ... please check in!

.sarah
03-01-2007, 09:56 PM
I'm not sure if I'm the only one in this area, but if there are any other Pet Talkers in this area, please check in to let us know you are okay!

We have some horrible weather going on. I am out of town in Gulf Breeze and most of it has passed over us. The power went out for a long time. We are at our beach house on the water. I had the blinds open and was watching out the window, and the entire bay was lit up so bright it looked like daylight. The lighting was extremely close, it was very scary. The thunder is really bad as well. Nova and Buck were terrified earlier and they are normally not afraid of thunderstorms.

Last I heard there are 19 confirmed dead, 15 of them are children that were in a school that was hit by a tornado. We were issued a weather alert earlier by Florida State University in Tallahassee that said that the atmospheric conditions are like nothing ever recorded in history and that this storm could be really bad. Of course this was before it hit, we had no idea what we were in store for.

Anyway, if anyone else is from this area, please check in!

BCollie_Kelly
03-01-2007, 09:59 PM
omg thats HORRIBLE! :(
Glad to know you're alright... everyone else, please do check in!

.sarah
03-01-2007, 10:03 PM
Also, I'd like to ask - it hasn't yet passed over my home in Tallahassee, where my mom, brother, Mandy, and Luka are. If you could all keep them in your thoughts to do okay through the night, I'd appreciate it. The storm is heading there now. :(

BCollie_Kelly
03-01-2007, 10:06 PM
Your family & everyone else in the path of the storm will definitely be in my thoughts. ((Give Nova & Buck hugs for me.))

BC_MoM
03-01-2007, 10:20 PM
Oh my gosh, how scary, Sarah!! :( I'll keep you and your family in my prayers tonight!

Daisy and Delilah
03-01-2007, 10:22 PM
I'm glad to hear you're okay Sarah. That must have been really scary. I had no idea that those storms were that bad. I hope we hear from everybody soon. :(

dukedogsmom
03-02-2007, 04:52 AM
So far so good here. I'm hoping all your family is alright, Sarah. I don't think we're supposed to get too much of it here. I'll probably be sleeping through it all as I get off in about an hour. Stay safe everyone.

areias
03-02-2007, 06:58 AM
Check back in Sarah, when you can. My parents and siblings are in Fort Benning GA right now..right next to AL...I can't get ahold of them this morning. :( I called last night and we could barely talk-the storm was so bad.

GreyhoundGirl
03-02-2007, 07:03 AM
:eek: Oh no!!! Hope everyone and their friends and family are okay!

prechrswife
03-02-2007, 09:26 AM
We are fine here. It was pretty odd because the weather went exactly north and south of us, including a tornado warning in counties directly north of us. We got a lot of rain and wind, but nothing really bad at all.

.sarah
03-02-2007, 03:21 PM
Phew, everyone is okay! Here is an e-mail from my mom:

Very lucky here. Lots of leaves and a few branches is all we got from the storm. It sounded bad (started around midnight and ended just before 2am). About 17,000 lost power but we didn't - imagine that!

A tornado just after midnight hit Camilla, GA (just above Thomasville). They are saying the tornado was 100 yards wide with a path 7 miles long. 6 people are dead, 2 children are missing.

Thomasville is just above Tallahassee, so I guess Camilla isn't too far from us. I'm surprised our house didn't lose power ... we live on a very weak power line that loses power with just a little wind!

Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts! Now the prayers and thoughts are needed for the families who have lost loved ones.

BCollie_Kelly
03-02-2007, 03:46 PM
So glad to heard your family is safe...
Those other families will definitely be in my thoughts :(

sandragonfly
03-02-2007, 09:44 PM
this is no fun! good to know most of you are still okay.

prayers and more prayers out to everyone invloved. poor children.

Lori Jordan
03-03-2007, 07:02 AM
Best Wishes to all involved.