PDA

View Full Version : two speical needs cats need help asap

doolittleky
03-01-2007, 01:32 PM
I received this in an email from a listing I belong to. I don't know anything other than what is in the email. I thought I would pass it along in case anyone can help or knows anyone that can help.

Lyle is a sweet brown tabby, about two years old. Lovey is about a year old and is solid black. These strays are currently living outside, being fed by a kind person. Lyle is as friendly he can be -- he rubs against his caregiver's legs, wanting her to pet him nonstop, preferring love over food at least for a little while! He has come along way from the terrified little fellow he was and really warms up to people. He looks in the windows longingly and you can tell he is ready to come inside. Lovey is about a year old and joined the two other strays who made themselves at home on a kind woman's porch. He is gentle and loving and very talkative. He loves attention and petting and even allows himself to be picked up and cuddled for short periods of time. He also really wants a forever home.

Unfortunately, both cats have tested positive for feline leukemia and the caregiver can't bring them inside with her four cats. She dearly wishes she could.

Both have been neutered, dewormed and had shots. It is possible they have built up an immunity to the disease and won't get sick, but they do shed the virus, making them contagious to other animals. The lady who is taking care of these cats can't do it for much longer thanks to a nasty neighbor who has threatened to have them destroyed. Please contact Teri if you can foster or adopt this special guy!

catmandu
03-01-2007, 06:14 PM
Sadly all we can do is pray for those Cats and pray that somewhere there a Furr Ever Home for them someways , somewhere!!