PDA

View Full Version : Can you all suggest a movie for me?

cassiesmom
02-28-2007, 06:13 PM
I got a coupon for a $1.99 new release rental at Blockbuster -- can someone recommend a movie for me, because the past 2 times I've gone, they were already out of the movie I wanted ("Crash"). I'll take a comedy, a musical, a chick flick - no blood/guts/gore, please.

Does anyone out there have experience with Netflix or the similar Blockbuster service? Do they work? Is it worth it?

Marigold2
02-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Liar Liar is the funniest movie I have ever seen. How about a Back to the Future, Apollo 13, Mrs. Doubtfire, Pirates of the Caribbean or the Runaway Jury with John Cusick. Or Chicago is so good, I love that movie, trluy funny, entertaining and brillant.

Pembroke_Corgi
02-28-2007, 06:22 PM
I'm not sure if it's still considered a new release or not, but I loved the latest version of "Pride & Prejudice," it's my favorite release in the last few years. Maybe you've already seen it though. It is very well done, and the music is beautiful. I own the piano book of the music it is so lovely, I love to play it.

We have Blockbuster "total access." For only $15/month, it's worth it, we get 2 movies at a time in the mail, and we can return them to the store for more. Plus we get a coupon each month for a free in store rental. There's tons more selection from the movie warehouse than in the store.

BitsyNaceyDog
02-28-2007, 07:27 PM
I love Little Miss Sunshine (http://imdb.com/title/tt0449059/). There is quite a bit of bad language in it though, I don't know if that bothers you.

caseysmom
02-28-2007, 07:36 PM
I love Little Miss Sunshine (http://imdb.com/title/tt0449059/). There is quite a bit of bad language in it though, I don't know if that bothers you.

I second this suggeston, it was hysterical...it was definetely a laugh out loud movie.

Denyce
03-01-2007, 03:15 PM
We have the Blockbuster Total Access but we have it for 3 movies at a time. We live further out and some weekends when there is nothing on we can easily watch 3 movies. We absolutely love it. Like Pembroke_Corgi said you have the movies that are mailed to you but then you have the option of returning them to the store. When you do that you can take out the same number of movies you are returning PLUS they send you movies from your online list. So one weekend we ended up with 6 movies to choose from at no extra cost. Plus there are no due dates so I don't feel stressed out about getting a movie watched so it can be returned on time. With winter and the possibility of the roads being bad that can be nice not feeling like I have to get to the store or I will be charged a late fee.

I would totally recommend it.

As for a movie...."Tristan and Isolde" So romantic and beautiful.

borzoimom
03-01-2007, 03:50 PM
I loved Miss Congeniality- not only does she look like my step daughter- she acts like her too.. lol..

critter crazy
03-01-2007, 04:05 PM
Cant reccomend any movies, cause i am a bllod and guts kind of gal! Altho, i did like the devil wears Prada! I have Netflix, I have had it for almost a year now, and love it! no more latefees, I can get 3 movies at once, and I just have to walk out to the Mail box! I can get anytthing I want, from old movies to new releases! I will never go to a movie store ever again!:D

CatLuvrs
03-01-2007, 04:29 PM
I just watched Elizabethtown and loved it!

Alysser
03-01-2007, 04:31 PM
The Pink Panther is a very funny movie. I would suggest Pirates of the caribbean, but I guess it is kind of bloody. I'd go with Pink panther lol. :p

Uabassoon
03-01-2007, 04:41 PM
I have the Blockbuster service and I love it. I used to have Netflix but my problem was that one day I would be in the mood to watch something and I didn't want to wait for it to come in the mail. With blockbuster the movies that I really want to see can me mailed to me, but the movies that I'm "in the mood" to watch I can just pick up at the store that day.

I also loved Little Miss Sunshine, a few other good ones are Science of Sleep and Stranger Than Fiction.

GreyhoundGirl
03-01-2007, 04:42 PM
I loved Miss Congeniality- not only does she look like my step daughter- she acts like her too.. lol..

LOL!!!!! :D Everyone loves a good brittney bashing! :p