PDA

View Full Version : VOTE-VOTE-VOTE-VOTE! PET CONTEST!!!

pupper-lover
06-29-2002, 06:54 PM
Please vote on the following categories for our pet photo contest.

06-30-2002, 08:44 AM
I think solution 3 is the best !!!
waw , will be fun , looking at all those contesting pics !!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/sydneybilliepets

Heather Wallace
07-01-2002, 10:21 AM
I won't be entering into the contest either as I just prefer to talk to others about their pets and look at the pics etc. I don't really want to compete with my freinds in a contest to see who had the nicest looking pets!!

pupper-lover
07-01-2002, 10:35 AM
Hey all. Thanks for the imput. It's fine if you wish not to compete. I understand the concern of competing with your friends, and the possibility of people's feelings being hurt if they take this thing too seriously. I personally see this as a way to have fun and see lots of cute pics from everyone (even more than usual). Whatever the game, I always play with the intention of having fun, not beating everyone else. I hope the other people participating will share this mindset with me (It will be no fun if they don't :(). I will not be offended if my dogs win didily squat. They will always be the cutest to me.

Even if you chose not to enter the contest, I hope you come and see all the pics:D .

Thanks for sharing your opinions!

Randi
07-01-2002, 01:07 PM
I voted for # 3 :D

Former User
07-01-2002, 01:16 PM
I didn't vote because as I said in the dog general, I'm not going to participate. I sure will watch the contest pics then and vote:D

wolf_Q
07-01-2002, 02:00 PM
I voted for 4...I like the prize idea......prizes rock...:D I also think the writing contest would be cool though, but I like the photo contest idea the best. Both would be great.

Heather Wallace
07-01-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
I'd love to see the pictures and vote but my pets won't participate (they will only watch and choose who's the cutest)!!:D:D:D

Me too.

delidog
07-01-2002, 06:35 PM
i like suggestion number 4....divide animals into categories...small,large,cat,dog...funny,pretty,et c....
i like the idea of prizes...however, i would suggest that the prizes be a donation to an elected animal shelter that needs help.....
anyone else????

zippy-kat
07-01-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by delidog
i like suggestion number 4....divide animals into categories...small,large,cat,dog...funny,pretty,et c....
i like the idea of prizes...however, i would suggest that the prizes be a donation to an elected animal shelter that needs help.....
anyone else????

I second this!

Cincy'sMom
07-01-2002, 09:01 PM
sounds like a good idea to me

Uabassoon
07-02-2002, 04:00 AM
I love the idea of prizes, but I think that could make things more complicated then it should be. And I also know that being a college student I don't think I'll be able to afford to donate a prize.

zippy-kat
07-02-2002, 10:16 AM
This idea came to me via Lut's post Get Measuring! (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12359) .

How about a contest for the longest tail, longest tongue, longest ears, etc.?

pupper-lover
07-02-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
This idea came to me via Lut's post Get Measuring! (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12359) .

How about a contest for the longest tail, longest tongue, longest ears, etc.?

That is great. I had actually suggested something like that a ways back. We just sort of forgot about it!:o

I am surprised at the number of people that are concerned with the contest and it's possible negative vibes. I personally don't mind what type of categories we have, or if we even have winners. We just want this to be fun, fun, fun! :D

Thank you all for your imput.

This poll will close in a week and a half (I think), so don't put off voting, if you want to add your two cents!

07-02-2002, 10:33 AM
hahaha , zippy-cat , measuring the longest tongue ??? waw , do not think many will dare participate in that one !!! to much bitten fingers ...

haha , lol !!

jackiesdaisy1935
07-02-2002, 10:33 AM
I think the contest would be fun if it don't get too complicated.
I would not have the 'cutest' dog, cat, pet as that could hurt feelings. I think something like funniest would be fun and not hurt feelings.
Myself I would keep it to just funniest dog, funniest cat and funniest pet. The three catagories that are here in PetTalk.
No writing contest, to me it just complicates the idea, it should be fun for everyone whether they participate or not.
Simplicity is the key, you will get surprised how complicated it can get with this many people who may participate and those who may join to get into the contest.
Just my ideas
Jackie

wolf_Q
07-02-2002, 11:40 AM
I think that for now we should just do the funniest pic contest like Jackie said. After we see how that goes we can see about other contests. Does that work?

I think for this we should have real prizes. We can make a list of those willing to donate one. I am willing.

I was thinking as a separate thing some time we could have some sort of auction, and donate the $$ to a pet organization.

pupper-lover
07-02-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
I think that for now we should just do the funniest pic contest like Jackie said. After we see how that goes we can see about other contests. Does that work?

I think for this we should have real prizes. We can make a list of those willing to donate one. I am willing.

Fine with me! Simple is good! So you all just want funniest pic with three catergories (cat/dog/pet)? I did also like the idea of longest, biggest, smallest whatever, just for added fun. Maybe that should be a seperate thing.

As far as prizes go, I have no money. I will, however, donate a couple of hours of my time at the local shelter, in honor of the winning pet(s). I don't know, if that's sounds like a prize to you all, but it's what I can offer.

Hey is anyone great at poetry?! Maybe a prize can be a custom poem about your silly pic pet(s) by a resident poet! :D I would love that, plus it is something everyone can enjoy!:)

pupper-lover
07-02-2002, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
I love writing poems so I think that would be a great idea! Come to think of it, no one completed our "joint" poem that I started a month ago. It was going so well and all of a sudden everyone stopped writing...but oh well. I hope writing poems about our pets would be great.

So can we count on you to write a poem for a "prize"?:D

Can you post a link to the group poem? I don't think I was around to read it the first time.

pupper-lover
07-09-2002, 11:54 AM
Has everyone put in their two cents?:)