PDA

View Full Version : Prayers again, please.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
02-28-2007, 03:19 PM
I can't even type. I don't know what to do.

Butch is sick. He's the guy I worked with over the summer and formed a close fatherly bond with. He's sick and refuses to tell me what's wrong over the phone. I'm scared to death. I went through this all with my grandpa about a month ago and i can't do this anymore. It's so scary not knowing. Pet Talk prayers work, I know they do and I just need your help. I'm going to work up the courage to call him later (because I know I'll cry on the phone) and I'll update everyone. His brother called me earlier and told me they were still up at the VA hospital and thought Butch should be the one to tell me.

I am so scared, you have no idea. I almost had to face my grandpa having cancer and that scared me forever. Now Butch? I dont know how much more I can take.

I am absolutely terrified.

JenBKR
02-28-2007, 03:51 PM
That sure is scary.....((((hugs)))) and tons of prayers coming your way. Please let us know what you find out!

Kalei
02-28-2007, 03:56 PM
Oh no, this is terrible. I hope you find out very soon so that you don't have to be wondering anymore. And I hope very much that it is nothing very serious (althought anything at a hospital is usual serious to a degree). I will pray for you and for Butch, that whatever is wrong with him, he will rise above it and get well again. PT Prayers always help that's for sure.:)

Stay strong through this tough time.

Daisy and Delilah
02-28-2007, 09:25 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you, Butch, and his family :( I hope he gets better soon.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
03-01-2007, 09:37 PM
He finally called me back and I was terrified-- I almost didn't answer the phone because if it was bad, I didn't want to start crying on the phone. But he answered, and he sounded calm and nonchalant about it. He said he didn't want me upset, so just acted real calm about it.

Turns out he has a nasty case of diabetes and is very much on the verge of a heart attack. His doctors have been telling him ever since this summer that he was knocking on heart attack's door, and I hope now it's a little bit of a kick in the butt now that he has diabetes to go with it. He just needs to eat healthier and start working out a little and he'll get back on track. His family stress level could go down a lot too, that would really help him. :( He was stressed a lot this summer. :(

All in all, I want to say I'm glad it was "just" diabetes, but I don't by any means mean that diabetes is a good thing to have. I'm just glad it wasn't cancer like I thought it was and that if he gets his crap together he might be able to get over this. I am looking forward to another fun summer of snowcones, so he better get back on track! :)

Thank you everyone. Pet Talk prayers have proved themselves once again!