PDA

View Full Version : soy-beans

Puppypower64
06-29-2002, 05:12 PM
My rabbit smokey eats everything in his food mix except the soy-beans. They have lots of protien in them so he really should be, but he doesn't.:( what could I give him instead that would have the same nutrients?:confused:

06-30-2002, 08:54 AM
Our cat Sydney is a bit overweight ; this is since he was neutered !!
Our Bunnie Billie is just right !!! a very cutie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pupper-lover
06-30-2002, 11:35 AM
My pups get lots of exercise and not a lot of people food. They are fit, trim, and happy.:D

Karen
06-30-2002, 11:50 AM
Bunnies have different nutritional requirements that people, I have never seen anything recommending that they have or need protein. I wouldn't worry about him not eating the soybeans at all!

Daisylover
07-01-2002, 09:07 AM
I agree with Karen, I wouldn't push or worry about your bunny not eating soybeans. I've never seen them recommended on any of the rabbit diet lists published by rabbit-knowlegable people.
Mine get unlimited timothy hay (not alfalfa--too high in calcium) and all the dark green veggies they can eat...romaine, green and red leaf lettuces, endive, a limited amount of spinach (high in iron), bok choy, limited broccoli (causes gas), outer leaves of cabbage (not the light inner leaves). Oddly enough they love corn husks. Dandelion leaves are the best if you can find them, also parsley, cilantro and dill are good. Raddichio is good, but expensive, kale, mustard and turnip greens must be limited too as they are also high in calcium. Carrot tops and celery leaves are good too.

Really, your bunny isn't missing anything by not eating the soybeans. You might check www.rabbit.org and look at their list.

Heather Wallace
07-07-2002, 06:27 PM
Yes I agree with Karen and Daisy.

Rabbits need more fibre in thier diet.

lovemymaltese
07-08-2002, 12:13 PM
lut, how long has it been since he was neutered? It is normal for pets to gain weight after that surgery, but they usually lose it withing 6 months. Good luck!