PDA

View Full Version : Photobucket Question

Catty1
02-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Okay, I tried clicking Help on Photobucket, but all I got was an invite to upgrade to the next level. :rolleyes:

I have a bunch of sub-albums. Yet none of them seem to hold a certain set of pictures. I still see all the gazillion pictures all spread out.

How do I divide them into albums or sub albums? How do I do this when uploading pics?

I am just a baffled person! :)

Thanks!

critter crazy
02-27-2007, 10:03 PM
Well to move a pic to a different album, you just click on move, and a window pops up, and you choose which album you want it in. When up loading, make sure you are in that sub-album, before uploading, or they will just go into your main album. Hope this helps some, if not let me know!:)

Catty1
02-27-2007, 10:12 PM
Thanks - I will use the popup method...do I create a sub-album BEFORE I download?

Or can I do it at the same time? They always seem to go into General...

Thank you! :)

critter crazy
02-27-2007, 10:19 PM
Thanks - I will use the popup method...do I create a sub-album BEFORE I download?

Or can I do it at the same time? They always seem to go into General...

Thank you! :)
You will want to create a sub-album before uploading, other wise you will just have to move them. Yes they all go into the main album, unless you select the sub-album first. I know very frustrating!:D

Craftlady
02-27-2007, 10:23 PM
I have 4 albums with Photobucket.
When I upload, I always make sure I'm in the album that I want to place the photos, otherwise it goes into the "general" album.

critter crazy
02-27-2007, 10:25 PM
I have 4 albums with Photobucket.
When I upload, I always make sure I'm in the album that I want to place the photos, otherwise it goes into the "general" album.
Exactly!
I think i have about 20! he he he he! way too many pics!!:D

Catty1
02-27-2007, 10:55 PM
UMMMM - when I go to move a picture, it says it will break the "direct link".

What does that mean? I can't post pics here anymore, or what?

Thanks again..... :)

Craftlady
02-27-2007, 11:04 PM
UMMMM - when I go to move a picture, it says it will break the "direct link".

What does that mean? I can't post pics here anymore, or what?

Thanks again..... :)

It means the link to the folder your moving from will no longer be the link for that particular photo. If you have one posted already somewhere it will show up as a broken link (no image). You would have to go back to that post and put in the new link address.

Catty1
02-27-2007, 11:13 PM
YUK

Ok, thanks for telling me..or maybe I should just move them, and if someone REALLY wants the link, they can tell me.

At least Rupert is in a subfolder! (See cat General for a great silver tabby!)

Freedom
02-28-2007, 08:20 AM
I've been naming my sub albums by the date I put the post on Pet Talk. that way I know how old they are, if I want to delete the sub album and have the Pet Talk link go blank. (I think it gives that box with the little red "x" in the top corner.)

When you are setting up photos, first create the sub album. Then, MAKE SURE YOU MOVE INTO THAT sub album before you start uploading your photos.

Now that you have lots of linked photos in General - hey, I did THAT, too! - I jsut leave that and don't use General anymore. I am always working in a sub album. I didn't move them, so I didn't disturb the links.

Good luck!
Sandra