PDA

View Full Version : A tired Frankie...

cmayer31
02-27-2007, 09:50 PM
is a good Frankie!

So after her escape Friday I tried to rest up an give my knee a break, but she would have none of it. I swear she was amped by her escape and I finally cracked and took her for a hike. I intended to do a quick 2 mile loop that slowly turned into just shy of 11 miles.

Mile 2 - I wanna go that a way!
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cmayer31/Hiking_2_24/IMG_0217.jpg

Mile 4 - All right gimpy human, breaks over!
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cmayer31/Hiking_2_24/IMG_0228.jpg

Mile 8 - Ok I'm done the trucks that way.
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cmayer31/Hiking_2_24/IMG_0200.jpg

Mile 10 - You're crazy if you think I'm moving another step!
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cmayer31/Hiking_2_24/IMG_0202.jpg

Home the next day - Maybe it is a good day to rest.
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cmayer31/Misc/IMG_0245.jpg

That's all she wrote! ;)

Flatcoatluver
02-27-2007, 10:26 PM
11 miles? No wonder Frankie is one tired pup! Frankie is such a cutie, where ever you live it looks really hot.

cmayer31
02-27-2007, 10:35 PM
11 miles? No wonder Frankie is one tired pup! Frankie is such a cutie, where ever you live it looks really hot.

It was a really beautiful day out which is why we stayed out so long. It was just over 60 F and not a cloud in the sky. The area we were hiking in is north of San Diego and some of the area is still recovering from fire. It does get nasty hot during the summer though.

There's also a ranch house in the middle of the trail system that has very cold fresh potable water. I always have a bottle for me and a bottle for her, and we refilled at the house.

wolf_Q
02-27-2007, 10:57 PM
First of all, Frankie, please don't be a bad girl again and run away!! I know you like to run, but you have a great home and you get to go on plenty of hikes, so stay there! :p

Great pics, Craig, it looks like a wonderful place to hike. Is it a very steep trail? Man I'm a wimp, Timp is like 6-7 miles one way (and we slept up there) so 12-14 miles total, and I wanted to die by the time I got back lol. Of course it was lots of steep switchbacks and my backpack weighed a ton but still...I'm pathetic lol. When it gets warmer I guess I need to find myself some 10 mile hikes and get into better shape!

cmayer31
02-27-2007, 11:23 PM
First of all, Frankie, please don't be a bad girl again and run away!! I know you like to run, but you have a great home and you get to go on plenty of hikes, so stay there! :p

Great pics, Craig, it looks like a wonderful place to hike. Is it a very steep trail? Man I'm a wimp, Timp is like 6-7 miles one way (and we slept up there) so 12-14 miles total, and I wanted to die by the time I got back lol. Of course it was lots of steep switchbacks and my backpack weighed a ton but still...I'm pathetic lol. When it gets warmer I guess I need to find myself some 10 mile hikes and get into better shape!

I wish there was a way to convince her that staying home is a good idea, but she's a stubborn one.

The area is pretty flat when compared to Timp! I think the elevation change is about 1000 ft from the lowest point to the peak. There are some steep climbs, but they are relatively short. I also carry a 3lb pack and am use to the area. I'd be happy to get to the top of Timp let alone carry a pack to the top.

The cool part about Daley ranch is that there are dozens of trails that link together over the property. I can combine any number of trails to make it as long or short of a hike as I want. I try to stick to the single track more than the fire roads, or wider trails.

shais_mom
02-27-2007, 11:26 PM
o:eek:mg
11 miles?
you said 11 miles?
holy crap!!!
Keegan fades after one and so do I and that's just a walk not hiking!
Course she does have hip dysplasia on both hips and previously partially torn ACL's and her momma is getting old (31) with 2 knees that are creaky and a "touchy" foot that was broke over a year ago.
You can hike - we'll ride along in the truck! :) :o

cmayer31
02-27-2007, 11:34 PM
o:eek:mg
11 miles?
you said 11 miles?
holy crap!!!
Keegan fades after one and so do I and that's just a walk not hiking!
Course she does have hip dysplasia on both hips and previously partially torn ACL's and her momma is getting old (31) with 2 knees that are creaky and a "touchy" foot that was broke over a year ago.
You can hike - we'll ride along in the truck! :) :o

Riley's in the same boat as Keegan, that's why she's never included in the hike posts. She maxes at a mile because of her dyspalsia and that is walking too, not hiking.

Frankie is a trooper. It doesn't matter if we're walking, running, or hiking she will out last me. I've gone to my limit running with her and although we were both breathing hard, she was ready to play once we got back to the house; I was ready to pass out.

shais_mom
02-27-2007, 11:40 PM
Riley's in the same boat as Keegan, that's why she's never included in the hike posts. She maxes at a mile because of her dyspalsia and that is walking too, not hiking.

Frankie is a trooper. It doesn't matter if we're walking, running, or hiking she will out last me. I've gone to my limit running with her and although we were both breathing hard, she was ready to play once we got back to the house; I was ready to pass out.
aaww poor thing.
DYSPLASIA - STINKS!