PDA

View Full Version : eye surgery

beeniesmom
02-27-2007, 08:46 AM
The lasik went well. It was very unconfortable but today i can see.
I am very sensitive to light so I can't look at the computer screen for too long.
Hopefully in a couple days that will go away.
i was so scared but did ok. I have the post op check up in a few hours.
We will be driving back home tomorrow.
carmen

Pawsitive Thinking
02-27-2007, 08:56 AM
I am sure it will settle down soon - glad to hear it went well :D

My Peanuts
02-27-2007, 09:22 AM
Your site should get better and better over the next few weeks. Glad it went well. You were nervous, but was it really all that bad in the end?
My opinion of it is, Id' rather do it again than go to the dentist. :) :p

Marigold2
02-27-2007, 10:52 AM
Did you have lasik? I had eye surgery has well but for glaucoma. It is scary. I have to have another laser surgery in March. I think we are blessed to live in a time when it's possible to have these treatments. Good luck.

Daisy and Delilah
02-27-2007, 11:04 AM
Glad to hear it's over Carmen. I knew you would do great!! :)

Ceph
02-27-2007, 01:56 PM
Lasik is usually uncomfortable at first...and it changes from person to person...my dad healed in a few weeks..my mom took a few more months....I have to wait until my eyes are done changing to do mine....

My uncle's an eye surgeon and does lasik in DC with the same guy who did tiger woods' eyes...if you have any questions lemme know. :)

Congrats on it too :)

Barbara
02-27-2007, 03:37 PM
I had no idea- I would be much to scared to do that.
Sending best wishes for speedy recovery :)

CathyBogart
02-27-2007, 05:12 PM
Congratulations! My friend recently had lasik and he said it took abou three weeks to be mostly healed, and another three weeks before he wasn't extra sensitive to things like cooking onions and such. He said it's absolutely awesome. :)

gemini9961
02-27-2007, 07:06 PM
Sounds like all went well Carmen. :)

beeniesmom
03-01-2007, 11:54 AM
Back home and all is good.
I'm actually at work now.
Still sensitive to light. They are a bit itchy but better every day.
:) I can't believe I went through with it.

catnapper
03-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Great to hear it was a success!

I want lasik so badly and I just might get it this year.... Cam's godfather is a high-end optometrist and is willing to do the surgery for whatever my insurance covers. So far, I've managed t figure out that all my insurance covers is $25 for frames, $50 for lenses, and the eye exam..... dare I dream he'll do this for me for the $200 the insurance is willing to pay?!?! Ashley picked an awesome godfather for her son ;) :p