PDA

View Full Version : A Fallen Hero

Cincy'sMom
02-26-2007, 10:27 PM
I don't know how much coverage this has gotten outside of the Toledo area, but last week, a Toledo police officer was shot and killed (allegedly) by a 15 year old, stopped at 2 am for breaking curfew. There are several stories about the shooting, and coverage of the funeral, which was today, here (http://www.wtol.com/Global/category.asp?C=94508)

I never met Det. Dressel, although I met his wife once, and play soccer with her sisters. Ironically, we went on a gambling trip this past weekend, a trip Det. Dressel was supposed to be on. I haven't been able to watch the news the past few days without tearing up, seeing coverage of the funeral and people I know grieving, and although the situation is completely different knowing all too well the pain of losing someone so suddendly and unexpectedly. The coverage was amazing...literally 100s of officers lining the streets, walking blocks to the burial site.

I just wanted to take a minute to ask for prayers for the Dressel's, espically his widow and two young children. And to say thank you to all those who protect and serve, in the military, as police and fire fighters. I think sometimes we forget how dangerous the job really is.

Karen
02-26-2007, 11:05 PM
Rest in peace, sir. Your family will be in our prayers.

Cinder & Smoke
02-26-2007, 11:14 PM
:(

THAKS for a Job Well Done, Detective Dressel.
May you Rest In Peace.

May God Comfort and Care for your Family.

/s/ :( Phred

joycenalex
02-27-2007, 04:51 AM
thank you det. dressel, rest well.

ramanth
02-27-2007, 07:56 AM
:( :( Tragic.

RIP Det. Dressel.

Laura's Babies
02-27-2007, 09:15 AM
My brother is a police officer so I take it hard when one gets killed. His own brother in law,a police officer was killed just a few years ago. I live in fear of something happening to him. The most innocent traffic stop can end like this and it is just to sad! Why trade a traffic ticket for life in prison, I can not understand that.......May he rest in peace!

lizbud
02-27-2007, 09:22 AM
That is so sad for him & his family. This sort of thing happens much
to often nowadays. :( Rest In Peace Sir.

cyber-sibes
02-27-2007, 10:08 AM
I've been following it on the news. The funeral seemed thoughtful & dignified. Det. Dressel was obviously loved dearly by a great many people.

Rest in peace, sir, and may God comfort your family & friends.

4 Dog Mother
02-27-2007, 12:54 PM
RIP Det. Dressel!

CathyBogart
03-01-2007, 01:42 PM
Wow, how very sad. :( RIP.