PDA

View Full Version : Water heater went..

borzoimom
02-26-2007, 08:17 PM
"Well- isnt that just special.."
It figures- the only appliance we had not replaced when we moved in and in the last year. The house was a resort by the previous owners, and seldom occupied. Regular use and we both wanted a gas stove etc- everything else was replaced..
Well tonight when Darrell came in from the garage door, the basement was wet. Good thing we had pulled the carpet out in the basement in preparing for tile, because that would have been a real mess.. Soooo now- after a few hours of running the shop vac, we have the cleanest basement concrete floor ya ever saw..
My husband is getting a new one tomorrow. I hope we have hot water by tonight. The gas fittings and all are already roughed in and all. So I will just have to get creative tomorrow how to do what I usually do. I figure I can always boil water adding to a sink of cooler water to wash dog bowls etc..
Ahhhhhhhhh our appliances- tomorrow will feel like " roughing it " a little.
Oh well.. if its not one thing, its another..

Laura's Babies
02-26-2007, 10:19 PM
We take them for granted every time we go turn that tap on. I know you miss it! Hope you get it replaced soon!

borzoimom
02-27-2007, 06:00 AM
We take them for granted every time we go turn that tap on. I know you miss it! Hope you get it replaced soon!
Me too. He said the propane gas lines are there, but he has to put in some kind of vent to the outside or something. He is supposed to come home early today. I have to clean that room out for him.. ( you know the stuff- the stuff its like " I didn't know we still had this- why do we have this- ?? ( toss..)"

Freedom
02-27-2007, 08:00 AM
Be thankful!

When I have my apartment in Maine, I was on the second floor. Each apartment had its own water heater, in a closet. When mine burst . . . my downstairs neighbor wwas the first to know! :eek:

I got a new water heater, she got a new ceiling!

I hope all works out quickly for you.

borzoimom
02-27-2007, 08:10 AM
Be thankful!

When I have my apartment in Maine, I was on the second floor. Each apartment had its own water heater, in a closet. When mine burst . . . my downstairs neighbor wwas the first to know! :eek:

I got a new water heater, she got a new ceiling!

I hope all works out quickly for you.
Lol.. Yea I know the feeling. He said that last night to remind me he had said he was glad the water heater was in the basement- not the main area of the house. At least with a washer, you can shut off the water- but a water heater will drain.
I have literally throw away an entire large trash can ( you know- the big black ones!) of stuff. One of my giclees got ruined- but they can print another one. The carpet also in the 4th bathroom with the whirlpool is ruined as well.. Oh well- it was going to be tile anyway one of these days.. Jeez!

kuhio98
02-27-2007, 10:49 AM
I have a theory. I believe that all appliances can hear us. Whenever I've been near one -- and made the mistake of talking about money -- the appliance has decided to cross the rainbow bridge. :p

Once, I was loading the washing machine and telling my husband about a bonus I received at work. It made a horrible squealing sound -- then it growled -- then it crossed the bridge.

So be careful. They are listening! :D

borzoimom
02-27-2007, 11:06 AM
I have a theory. I believe that all appliances can hear us. Whenever I've been near one -- and made the mistake of talking about money -- the appliance has decided to cross the rainbow bridge. :p

Once, I was loading the washing machine and telling my husband about a bonus I received at work. It made a horrible squealing sound -- then it growled -- then it crossed the bridge.

So be careful. They are listening! :D
OHHHHH I GET IT!! You know- you are right. Last weekend we were watching a diy show on water heaters. My husband said he wanted a quick recovery one.. hmmmm.. ( wife plots to tell husband.. roflmbo!)

kuhio98
02-27-2007, 11:18 AM
OHHHHH I GET IT!! You know- you are right. Last weekend we were watching a diy show on water heaters. My husband said he wanted a quick recovery one.. hmmmm.. ( wife plots to tell husband.. roflmbo!)Yup! The old water heater heard and was insulted -- and the rest in history.

Just be careful when and where you tell your husband about this theory. Don't tell him in the car (it listens too). Don't tell him in the phone. Don't e-mail it from your computer. You might want to take him outside. In the middle of no where and whisper it to him. :p That may be the safest way to ensure nothing else important hears. :D

Oh dear! I just realized I posted this theory on the internet. If you don't hear from me for a few days, you'll know that my computer "heard" and decided to crash. If the entire internet crashes..... well, surely I can't be held responsible for that. Can I? :eek:

borzoimom
02-27-2007, 11:20 AM
ROFLMBO!!!!! YES indeed.. I HEAR ya!!!!
Yup! The old water heater heard and was insulted -- and the rest in history.

Just be careful when and where you tell your husband about this theory. Don't tell him in the car (it listens too). Don't tell him in the phone. Don't e-mail it from your computer. You might want to take him outside. In the middle of no where and whisper it to him. :p That may be the safest way to ensure nothing else important hears. :D