PDA

View Full Version : Birthday cake?

coco-bean
02-26-2007, 04:48 PM
Coco's birthday is next month and i want to make her a cake. Does anyone know some good reciepes for doggie cakes? thanks!

Kalei
02-26-2007, 04:56 PM
cool! I don't know any recipes..sorry, but I think it is a great idea!:D I can't wait to see if anyone has any recipes for you. I should do that for my cat!

Kfamr
02-26-2007, 08:23 PM
I didn't save my recipe I made for Nala's birthday cake. I did write it down SOMEWHERE. I'll search for it and let you know if I find it.

Taz_Zoee
02-26-2007, 09:36 PM
Here's the one I was "going" to make for Zoee, but never got around to it. So I have no idea if it's any good.
Birthday Cake for Pups :
• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 cup soft butter
• 1/2 cup corn oil
• 1 jar baby food, meat, beef, strained
• 4 eggs
• 2 strips beef jerky -- (2 to 3)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour an 8x5x3 inch loaf pan. Cream butter until smooth. Add corn oil, baby food, and eggs. Mix until smooth.
Mix dry ingredients into beef mixture until batter is smooth. Crumble beef jerky and fold into batter. Pour batter into loaf pan. Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes. cool on wire rack 15 minutes. Ice with plain yogurt or cottage cheese.
Store uneaten cake in refrigerator

My sister found it for me. There was a whole website with recipes. Google it and you will find more ideas. Let me know what recipe you do and how it is.

Freedom
02-27-2007, 07:49 AM
Take a peak at this web site:

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Ranch/1011/dog.htm

In the first column is "Panda's Party Cake." Sorry, I haven't made that one. But may give you some ideas!
Sandra

.sarah
02-27-2007, 02:23 PM
This is the one I made for Buck's birthday. It's from the Three Dog Bakery book. I didn't have dried banana so I just skipped that. I sprinkled carob powder on top just because ;)

Let 'Em Eat Cake
2 cups water
1/4 cup mashed banana
1/8 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
2 tablespoons honey
3 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup dried banana
1/2 tablespoon baking powder

Frosting:
8 ounces low-fat cream cheese
3 teaspoons carob powder
1 teaspoon vanilla

- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together water, bananas, vanilla, egg and honey.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, dried bananas and baking powder. Mix thoroughly.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well.
- Pour into an 8-inch greased cake pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- To make the frosting, beat all ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth.
- Spread over the cake and decorate it with pieces of crushed dried banana.
- Store in an airtight container.

http://southernmutt.com/photos/buckbday/1year.jpg

I didn't get a chance to make it for Nova's birthday yesterday but I'm planning on making it tonight.