PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Car Insurance Companies... I need a list

king2005
02-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Does anyone have any car insurance companies that they recommend I can try?

My INS is raising my car INS again! I haven't done anything wrong, I have a clean record & everything.. not even a warning!

160.00 was great... 220.00 was ok too... 295.00 was kinda pushing it... now its almost 400.00!!!

300.00+ Is a high risk driver & I'm almost at 400.00 now!!! I'm not even close to being a high risk driver & I'm now in that group :(

I'm taking the INS off my car any day now & I'm parking it at the car dealers for safe keeping.
I still have access to Chad & Andrew's cars so I'm not carless, so its not a huge issue, but I still want to be able to drive my car.

Catty1
02-26-2007, 01:58 PM
I use Canadian Direct. Look in your White PAges.

They use call centres - and I have hd to deal with a couple of claims with them, and they were just fine.

They had the BEST price going! Probably because they don't pay a lot of overhead for offices!
2001 Corolla, $1m liability, my deductibles are high because I had an accident - but my annual premium is $651.

Queen of Poop
02-26-2007, 02:11 PM
Do you not have an insurance agent that shops around for the best rate for you? I've had the same agent for many, many years and at renewal time she always finds me the best deal out there, not always with the same insurance company.

king2005
02-26-2007, 02:13 PM
I use Canadian Direct. Look in your White PAges.

They use call centres - and I have hd to deal with a couple of claims with them, and they were just fine.

They had the BEST price going! Probably because they don't pay a lot of overhead for offices!
2001 Corolla, $1m liability, my deductibles are high because I had an accident - but my annual premium is $651.

only 651.00!!! I'm over 4000.00!!! I'm defently checking them out!! I'm under 25yrs old & I'm single, so that hurts me cost wise.. but I can so afford anything under 2000.00.

Oh & I'm currently with State Farm... They were awesome in the beginning but upping my car INS this many times since xmas is retarded & unfair!

I drive a 1999 Mercury Mystique Sport.. its a granny car, not a hip young adults car :P

The guys are 20yrs old... Chad only has his G1 & the only difference is that hes married, so he pays a lot less then I do!! :eek: How fair is that eh? He even has 2 accidents (he wasn't driving, or in the car)... but its still shows & hes still paying less :mad:

king2005
02-26-2007, 02:20 PM
Do you not have an insurance agent that shops around for the best rate for you? I've had the same agent for many, many years and at renewal time she always finds me the best deal out there, not always with the same insurance company.

A what now??

Glacier
02-26-2007, 03:03 PM
I get mine through Co-Operators. If you have a AAA membership, they often offer insurance. That's who I used when I lived in Alberta.

Go to an insurance agency and get an agent to get you a bunch of quotes. There's no obligation to use any of them, but they have access to companies you'll never find on your own.

Raise your deductible as high as you can afford. Take off any non-essential coverage. Glass and loss of use coverage will add hundreds annually.

You might want to reconsider cancelling your current insurance, at least until you find new coverage. Any gap in your insurance record looks bad to the companies and will raise your rates. The longer, more consistent history you have, particularly with one company, the better your rates will be. I get a discount with Co-operators because I've been with them for several years and I insure my house with them as well.

emily_the_spoiled
02-26-2007, 03:11 PM
If you belong to a credit union or work place union sometimes they will give members a special deal on insurance.