PDA

View Full Version : The bunny is here! *Photos added*

Argranade
02-26-2007, 11:56 AM
This lady has a REALY fuzzy bunny she wants me to find a home for and I agreed,

It's still a baby, I don't know why she's getting rid of it but hey I'm not one to be nosy.

I don't know what colour it is but it should look somthing like this but maybe a bit more fuzzy --
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/white_creatures/more%20stuff/Mufassa1.jpg

I should be picking it up today around 4 Pm, now I have a question,

I'm kinda worried it will get it's tummy cloged from all the fur that it has to lick, do you think I should get it shaved a bit at the pet shop? or is it okay if I keep giving it lots of timothy hay?

Thanks!

buttercup132
02-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Just make sure it gets its hay. It's just a double mane Lion Head.Bunnies backs break really easily so getting it shaved wouldn't be a good idea. Not to mention pet store groomers like Super Pet and Pet Smart are horrible and mis treat the animals.

Argranade
02-26-2007, 01:31 PM
Just make sure it gets its hay. It's just a double mane Lion Head.Bunnies backs break really easily so getting it shaved wouldn't be a good idea. Not to mention pet store groomers like Super Pet and Pet Smart are horrible and mis treat the animals.

Alright I'll be sure to give it lots of hay,

Thanks!

Kalei
02-26-2007, 04:04 PM
I completely agree with Buttercup:D Can't wait to see some nice pictures of this cute little bunny:)

Marigold2
02-26-2007, 05:18 PM
Bunnies are so sweet and precious. I am sure you will have great enjoyment with this new family member. As far as the hair I believe Papaya tablets help. This is what I was told that they help with hairballs. Alicia have you ever heard this?

Karen
02-26-2007, 05:25 PM
Not shaved, but it looks like an Angora, and they need - NEED to be brushed. Daily if possible, to get the bunny used to it. People use their shed fur to spin yarn! So if you do end up fostering this bunny, ask if they have a brush to go with her, if not buy one and start getting the bunny bun used to it - a little bit every day, and it will become an enjoyable part of her day and a bonding time for you and her - and for who ever eventually owns her.

People gets "that cute little bunny" on an impulse, then dump it when they realize how much work it can be. Sadly a common occurance.

If the bunny is a baby, she should get alfalfa hay, not timothy - growing bunnies need the extra calcium in alfalfa.

Argranade
02-26-2007, 08:54 PM
Here's the lion head photo's ....... he's such a little darling lol.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/white_creatures/more%20stuff/Picture952.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/white_creatures/more%20stuff/Picture951.jpg

Yes I have already brushed the fur if this rabbit and he seemed to enjoy it already so the owner must have done it every single day, I think the hay I'm giving this bunny is a mix of both timothy & alfalfa but just incase I'll buy an extra bag of alfalfa hay.

I'll make sure the new owners get a free brush with the bunny and know that he must be brushed every single day .... oh in other news all the finches have been adopted out to a new loving home but I'm still keeping one of them .. that's the ice coloured baby finch. :)

Kalei
02-27-2007, 11:39 AM
AW that bunny is sooo adorable!:D I a bet you are having lots of fun brushing it:) It's so cute.

Karen
02-27-2007, 11:42 AM
He's adorable - I'm sure you'll be able to find him a home quick as a bunny! It's good he likes being brushed, too. Awwwww, give him a nose rub for me, okay?

wolf_Q
02-27-2007, 11:42 AM
Not to mention pet store groomers like Super Pet and Pet Smart are horrible and mis treat the animals.

Please do not make blanket statements about everyone that happens to groom at a particular store. Not only is it rude, but it is not at all true. I don't know about Super Pet but there's hundreds, if not thousands of Petsmarts, how can you possibly know that every groomer at every store is "horrible" and "mistreats" the animals?

Argranade
02-27-2007, 12:26 PM
He's adorable - I'm sure you'll be able to find him a home quick as a bunny! It's good he likes being brushed, too. Awwwww, give him a nose rub for me, okay?

Sure thing lol,

He gave me a kiss on my cheek while I was brushing him haha!

I'm also might be getting a pair of cockatiels to re- home soon!