PDA

View Full Version : Anybody handy with electrical stuff?

catnapper
02-26-2007, 10:16 AM
I have a stained glas lamp in my bedroom that I love. I dropped it this morning (ok, actually I dropped a full laundry basket on it.... don't ask how I managed that :o ) the shade survived but I broke the screw that supports the thingie that the light bulbs screw into. I would assume you can buy a screw to replace it.... but where can I find that and how do I remove the old screw if the shank broke completely in half?

Does anybody know what I'm trying to describe happened to my lamp? I could photograph it but that doesn't tell the story any better.

Laura's Babies
02-26-2007, 10:19 AM
If I understand what you are saying right... You can replace the whole part that the light bulb screws into and if my memory serves me, it is easy to change the whole light bulb part.

Catty1
02-26-2007, 10:21 AM
Take your poor little lamp with you to a good hardware store, and have a nice person show you the parts. I can't really visualize what you are talking about, or I could help...I have done really minor repairs on a couple of lamps of my own.

jazzcat
02-26-2007, 10:43 AM
You can buy lamp parts at hardware stores, Home Depot, Lowes and places like that. Sometimes even Michaels and craft stores sell them.

Here's a link to lamp parts so you can see exactly what you need to get. My Dad used to make lamps in his woodworking shop and I've picked up "lamp works" for him before. Pretty easy to repair too.
parts (http://www.nationalartcraft.com/group1.htm)