PDA

View Full Version : Felicias Getting Picked Up Tomorrow By The Animal Welfare

catmandu
02-26-2007, 09:50 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/th_cats101496.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/?action=view&current=cats101496.flv)

AND WILL BE ON HER WAY TO THE VETS AND THEN ON HER WAY TO A PET VALU OR FOSTER HOME , THE STEPS ON HER WAY TO A FURR EVER HOME OF HER VERY OWN.
I WILL GIVE HER A STEAK DINNER TONIGHT AND SHE WILL HAVE SOMETHING NICE TO REMEMBER US BY.I WILL MISS THAT SWEET LITTLE FACE AND HER TRILLING PURRRRRRR!
I WILL ASK IF I CAN ADOPT HER BUT THATS NOT MUCH CHANCE AS THERE ARE SO MANY CATS HERE NOW.
AT LEAST SHE WILL NEVER HAVE TO EAT FROM A BLUE BOX IN THE SNOW EVER AGAIN.

lvpets2002
02-26-2007, 09:53 AM
:( Oh No Gary Why?. I thought you were going to keep this baby.. She is so pretty..

catmandu
02-26-2007, 09:59 AM
I Was Seriously Thing Of Adopting Her But I Have Some Health Issues And It Will Be Better If She Gets A Furr Ever Home Of Her Own.
And The Animal Welfare And I Have An Agreement That I Wont Take In Any More Little Friends.
I Have To Know My Limitations.
They Will Find Her A Great Furr Ever Home No Doubt As They Have Been Doing For Over 60 Years.
I Will Miss Felicia But Its For Her Own Good.

Catty1
02-26-2007, 09:59 AM
Gary has had trouble with a neighbourhood "snitch" reporting him for having too many cats. Twice.

His house is now officially designated as a "rescue" (sorry if I got that wrong, Gary), and I believe he is limited to 8 cats.

That's why.... :(

Queen of Poop
02-26-2007, 10:02 AM
Gary, do you have a "clawback" clause wherein if they are unable to find a home for her she could come back to you?

Good luck little Felicia, I hope you find someone who will love you even half as much as Gary does.

Laura's Babies
02-26-2007, 10:28 AM
I think you are doing a wonderful job saving those street babies, even if you have to send them on to another foster home, you are making a difference in their lives. This is another sucess story for you to add to the long list of them that you already have.

jazzcat
02-26-2007, 10:54 AM
She is beautiful Gary and I bet she will have no trouble finding a great home. You are wonderful for helping her!

Killearn Kitties
02-26-2007, 10:57 AM
Felica is a very lucky girl to be rescued and going to a home of her own.
I hope everything goes well for Felicia. She will certainly enjoy that steak dinner! :D

KitCat
02-26-2007, 11:49 AM
You are so good to the cats!

catmandu
02-26-2007, 02:14 PM
Catty1 is absolutly right.
Although there are more than 8 Cats here now , I am limited to 8 Cats in what is designated as a rescue home.
If JJJ3 had not thought that there were treats it would be 7.
I will miss Felicia , but with the Found Cats getting older I need to concentrate on thier needs. And I may have to move to an assisted living building and that young Cat deserves a home where she can stay.
I will say goodbye and good luck tonight.
Its not easy but in the long run its for the best.
I will still have LES.
And a spot in my heart for Felicia.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/new%20photos/cats101507.jpg

Medusa
02-26-2007, 02:22 PM
Oh so sad. But that's the part of cat rescue that we have to live with, doing what is best for the kitties, even though it causes our hearts to be sore. Felicia loves you, Gary, I'm sure. And on some level, she knows that what you're doing is for her welfare. As you said, she'll never have to eat out of a blue box outside again. Enjoy your time together. A candle burns for you both.

Blessings,
Mary

P.S. Are you limited to 8 cats inside or 8 cats total? Here in Ohio when I was actively rescuing, I had 8 indoor and 27 outdoor. No one said a word to me. But then I was on a hill, out of sight of most prying eyes. I'm asking because I had 8 when I moved to this house but now I'm down to 7 since Peeka's passing. And I'm in a neighborhood where everyone can see everything. So if you're limited to 8 cats total, I guess maybe I should check the local laws here.

catmandu
02-26-2007, 03:00 PM
8 CATS TOTAL IN AND OUT OF THE HOUSE.
ITS A GOOD THING THAT SOME OF THE FOUND CATS ARE SHY.
AND WERE NOT COUNTED UP.
12 MIGHT HAVE BEEN TOO MANY.
I JUST GAVE FELICIA SOME DELI TURKEY IT WAS ON AT 4.54 A POUND.
HALF PRICE , AND SHE IS A HAPPY GIRL.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/new%20photos/cats101507.jpg

I HAVE LES AREADY.

Felicia's Mom
02-26-2007, 05:18 PM
Bless you Gary, for taking such good care of Felicia. I hope her new home is as good.

Scooter's Mom
02-26-2007, 08:40 PM
I agree with everyone. Bless you Gary for taking care of Felicia and the other Found Cats. You surely have a very special place awaiting you someday for the love in your heart.

AbbyMom
02-26-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm sorry you have to let her go...but I'm sure you're doing the right thing. The most important thing is that you found her and gave her love when she needed it most. They will find her another home will someone else will give her love.

cassiesmom
02-27-2007, 10:13 AM
I'd be right there to scoop her up and bring her home, if I could.