PDA

View Full Version : Borzoimom, look here (everyone else can, too!)

Freedom
02-25-2007, 05:37 PM
Dog Store Sign Angers Locals

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a/dog-store-sign-angers-local-residents/20070223164909990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

borzoimom
02-25-2007, 05:40 PM
roflmbo!!! Yup!! For Sure!

GreyhoundGirl
02-25-2007, 05:51 PM
ROFLMAO!!! That's Jesse alrighty!!! :D

Ceph
02-25-2007, 05:55 PM
I love that! I hope they dont make them change the name...Its too awsome!

I wish people were a little bit more educated about that stuff....they should know the origin of words before they use them.

pessimisaurus
02-25-2007, 06:20 PM
haha a friend just sent me that article the other day. I love that store. when they were in Capitol Hill my apt was like 3 blocks away, it was great.

its so ridiculous that people are freaking out about the name, especially in seattle! I can imagine when they were in lynnwood or puyallup or what ever city, the more suburban areas, but not in the city where everyone is crazy! haha ;)

dukedogsmom
02-25-2007, 06:24 PM
I think it's great! But, as always, it's all about the children. The parents will probably win and they'll have to change the sign. How about instead of changing the sign, the parents explain the original meaning to their little precious ones?

Ceph
02-25-2007, 06:25 PM
I dont understand why the parents can't just say it means female dog...they should post the webster's definition in the window on a neon sign for everyone to read.

applesmom
02-25-2007, 06:50 PM
It's a good thing I didn't have anything in my mouth when I read that. It would be all over my keyboard by now. :D

One long ago Monday morning, my granddaughter took a huge purple and gold rosette to school with her for show and tell. None of her friends had ever brought anything quite like it. Bursting with excitement and eager to share the news, she blurted out; "My grandmas Bitch won Best of Breed yesterday"!

The room fell into a dead silence as all the little first graders tried to stifle their giggles behind their little red cheeks. The inventive teacher took advantage of the situation and turned it into a discussion on the proper terms for different sexes of various animals and their proper usage. If that happened today, the child would probably be marched to the principals office and suspended!