PDA

View Full Version : Frustrating Craving

sparks19
02-25-2007, 12:39 PM
GRRRR I am having the most frustrating craving. it's frustrating because I know I can't have it.

for the past few weeks I have been having dreams about these cookies that they made in my highschool cafeteria.

These were the MOST delicious chocolate chip cookies I have ever had. I can't find anything like them. Especially first thing in the morning when they were just made and still warm. Uh to die for. I want them SO BAD.

BC_MoM
02-25-2007, 12:41 PM
I don't know what high school's put in their cookies, but I know what you mean. There literally is a race to get fresh cookies in the mornings at my school.

I wonder if you called your school up, if they would give you the recipe?

sparks19
02-25-2007, 12:43 PM
I don't know what high school's put in their cookies, but I know what you mean. There literally is a race to get fresh cookies in the mornings at my school.

I wonder if you called your school up, if they would give you the recipe?

Hmm that's not a bad idea. Or perhaps they could tell me where they get them from. I dont know if they make them from scratch or not LOL.

I said to my husband the next time we go up to London I want to go to my highschool and go into the cafeteria and buy a whole bunch of them LOL.

Kalei
02-25-2007, 12:43 PM
Ahaha I'm sorry but that is a funny craving! A good one, but a funny one. I can understand why you would crave them though, my aunt made these cookies one time and I craved them so bad so I got the recipe and now I can bake them whenever I want.

I've been craving Bicardi for awhile, but I have no money for it:( lol:p

Sirrahsim
02-25-2007, 12:48 PM
I have been a cookie baking fool lately :D Live anywhere near north Texas? I'd be happy to test out a few new chocolate chip cookie recipes on you :D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I've been craving Gyoza from our very favorite restaurant in the world but it is unfortunately all the way back in Tachikawa, Japan :D

Toby's my baby
02-25-2007, 02:29 PM
Lol, it's funny that you mention this. We have the BEST chocolate chip cookies at school. They are to die for!! I think they must put nicotine or something else addictive, because once you start eatting them, you can't stop. They are so soft.... ugg... I could go on and on about them. For the past 4 months, I've been having a cookie with my lunch, EVERY day. It is horrible. I'm trying so hard to stop eatting them. I've gotten down to only 2 a week. I'm trying to cut them out totally, but my friend isn't helping me at all, she eats one everyday too. My friend's mom used to work in the lunch room at our school, so he has the recipe, I want to get it from him, but I think that might make things worse. :o

Laura's Babies
02-25-2007, 03:28 PM
I am a ex high school cafeteria manager so may I suggest to you that you use the toll house cookie recipe found on the back of the chocolate chip package and REAL BUTTER. I really think it was the commidity butter that gave everything that special flavor in the school cafeterias. The toll house cookie recipe is basically what we used but on a larger scale as all our recipes were per 100 servings. If you call your local cafeteria, you will get a recipe for 100!

sparks19
02-25-2007, 05:23 PM
I have been a cookie baking fool lately :D Live anywhere near north Texas? I'd be happy to test out a few new chocolate chip cookie recipes on you :D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I've been craving Gyoza from our very favorite restaurant in the world but it is unfortunately all the way back in Tachikawa, Japan :D

You tease. of course I couldn't live farther away from Texas and delicious cookies LOL

Also, I have tried recipes with real butter.... It's just not the same as those cookies. i really can't explain it. it is a mystery ingredient I swear LOL

Laura's Babies
02-25-2007, 06:57 PM
It could be the oven then. We had convection ovens that circulates the air and cuts the baking time on whatever you cook... OR the mixer you mix them with. My Kitchen aid is broken and I see a big differance in the cakes and cookies I bake at home, compared to the ones I bake at work. (a hand held mixer just don't do the job like a strong mixer on a stand.

Argranade
02-25-2007, 07:46 PM
OMG ...

Now I feel like a hot capichino and 2 chocolate chip cookies!

Trust me .. they go so well together that it's scary.