PDA

View Full Version : I hate to brag.... :)

Sirrahsim
02-25-2007, 12:37 PM
I hate to brag, but my house smells heavenly :D :D This morning I put a pot roast in the crock pot and when I got home this afternoon it smelled SOOOOO good.
I can't recall ever taking a picture of my dinner before, but I just couldn't resist. I can't wait until dinner time!!!
This is a Coca Cola/potato soup/onion soup Pot Roast. I threw together what I had on hand the last time that I made it and it turned out SO good!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/sirrahsim/DSC06013.jpg
:D :D

caseysmom
02-25-2007, 12:37 PM
yumm....we need the recipe...

BC_MoM
02-25-2007, 12:41 PM
There's coke in it?! :eek: :confused: LOL

Sirrahsim
02-25-2007, 12:44 PM
Some may call it cheating because I use a lot of help from the store, but I call it an efficient use of time that results in a GREAT meal :)

1 pot roast, trimmed of visible fat. We use an arm roast because it is inexpensive
1 small bag of baby carrots
1 large onion, chopped
2 medium potatoes, diced
1 can Campbell's chunky potato soup, any variety
1 can Coca Cola
1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix

Dump carrots, potatoes, and onions in the bottom of a 4-5 quart slow cooker. Add in potato soup and stir until the veggies are evenly coated. Place pot roast on top of the veggies and pour the onion soup mix on top of the meat. Pour a can of Coke on top of the veggies around the meat.
Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours and on high for 4 hours. Or on low ALL day.

It is SO easy and turns out so tender and juicy that it is hard to lift the meat out of the crock pot without shredding it to pieces.

Sirrahsim
02-25-2007, 12:45 PM
There's coke in it?! :eek: :confused: LOL

Coca Cola is a GREAT meat tenderizer. If you google it you can find 100s of recipes using Coke/Pepsi/Cola :D

jackie
02-25-2007, 02:46 PM
Does the coke leave a sweet taste to the meat?

Sirrahsim
02-25-2007, 02:49 PM
I don't really notice any particular flavor. The main thing is how tender it is when it has been cooked in cola. You can easily shred/cut it with a fork and it stays SO juicy. :D

jackie
02-25-2007, 02:51 PM
I am heating up ready made cheese quiche and soup. You are making it seem a lot less tasty now. :(

Kfamr
02-25-2007, 02:56 PM
Yum! My mom made pot roast the other day. I don't think I've ever heard of the Coke/Pepsi method. I'll have to tell her about that.

critter crazy
02-25-2007, 03:11 PM
Yummmm....Pot roast is one of my favorite meals!! I am gonna have to try the coke thing, sounds cool. I always have coke in the house, since i am a coke addict!(the soda that is!):D

Sirrahsim
02-25-2007, 03:17 PM
Yummmm....Pot roast is one of my favorite meals!! I am gonna have to try the coke thing, sounds cool. I always have coke in the house, since i am a coke addict!(the soda that is!):D

I'm a MAJOR Coca Cola addict as well!! The caffiene isn't very good for the baby so I have been making a serious effort to cut down to one a day and I'm proud to say that MOST of the time I only have 1 can a day. One of the nurses that I spoke with said that I would have to drink around 4 cans a day EVERY day to have an effect on the baby but I'd rather play it safe :)

critter crazy
02-25-2007, 03:22 PM
I'm a MAJOR Coca Cola addict as well!! The caffiene isn't very good for the baby so I have been making a serious effort to cut down to one a day and I'm proud to say that MOST of the time I only have 1 can a day. One of the nurses that I spoke with said that I would have to drink around 4 cans a day EVERY day to have an effect on the baby but I'd rather play it safe :)
I know! I had a very hard time when I was pregnant, but switched to Caffine free coke, not as good, but not too bad either, I prefer that to diet anyday! Coke is my friend!:D

Christiansmommy
02-25-2007, 08:01 PM
That sounds and looks very good!! The coke thing is interesting...but I LOVE Coke, so that's a good excuse to try it :) I won't tell hubby that the Coke is in it and see if he can tell or says anything...looks yummy, especially on this very cold, snowy day!

persianmom
02-26-2007, 12:19 AM
Thanks Missy for feeding my boys so well, great little cook that you have become. Love Ya Mom

sprokett
02-26-2007, 05:50 AM
I know! I had a very hard time when I was pregnant, but switched to Caffine free coke, not as good, but not too bad either, I prefer that to diet anyday! Coke is my friend!:D

coke is my friend to (and of course the pets) i cant leave it on the table because eddie like it aswell LOL

popcornbird
02-26-2007, 12:45 PM
I've never heard of the coke method either. Interesting...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my crockpot. It is a gift we got on our wedding, and is just so handy. I just dump whatever I want to cook into it and leave the house. By evening, everything is ready. I've found that whatever I cook in the crock pot ends up so tender that if I try to lift it, it would break...so I'm not sure if its the coke or the crock pot, or both. :D I usually use a little vinegar in my meat marination. Its an excellent tenderizer.