PDA

View Full Version : Futurama Tv Show *way sad!*

animal_rescue
02-25-2007, 09:56 AM
Has anyone ever seen that Futurama TV show? I usually love it, but this episode called "Jurassic Bark" kind of made me angry/sad. I haven't watched the whole thing but my friends told me about it and I found the ending clip of the show on youtube.

Maybe I'm silly for crying over a cartoon, but I still think it's really sad. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akf-H0OVpLA

critter crazy
02-25-2007, 10:10 AM
Awww.....that was so sad! Very rare for shows like Futurama, to have a sensitive side.

areias
02-25-2007, 11:16 AM
I saw that not too long ago on TV! I cried!! I felt so bad for him....

jackie
02-25-2007, 11:28 AM
That is pretty sad.

Good thing its only a cartoon! :p

Kalei
02-25-2007, 12:49 PM
I remember that episode, yes it was pretty sad.

Twisterdog
02-26-2007, 03:50 AM
I haven't seen that one. I've only seen that show a couple of times, when my kids were watching it ... and frankly, I found it a bit disturbing. Guess I'm just getting old. :p

IRescue452
02-26-2007, 04:11 AM
We'ce watched the show a few times in my honors course. There's always missed info to pick out. Great show. Haven't seen that episode though.

Argranade
02-26-2007, 09:49 AM
Ahhhh! the guy kissed a dead dog lol.

Umm .. I didn't find it sad at all for some reason, I geuss I'm just too used to funny cartoons like Simpsons, American Dad, Family Guy ect ....

It's kinda funny the Dog actualy stayed there so long, that could never realy happen because it would starve as it did not except the food from the store owner guy.

CathyBogart
02-27-2007, 12:28 PM
Do some research on a Skye Terrier named Greyfriars Bobby if you think it would never happen.

sprokett
02-27-2007, 12:34 PM
awwwww i saw that one a while ago

Twisterdog
02-27-2007, 01:12 PM
Do some research on a Skye Terrier named Greyfriars Bobby if you think it would never happen.

That is true. Here is another one, from my neck of the woods:

Old Shep, Patient Pooch
Died 1942 - Fort Benton, Montana

Shep, a collie, was devoted to his sheepherder master. But the man died in 1936, and was shipped back East on the Great Northern Railroad. Afterward, Shep met every train -- looking for his master to return -- until he was run over by one in 1942. Great Northern employees buried the dog and erected a marker over the grave.

That marker is still there, up by the grain elevators and golf course. But in 1992, the 50th anniversary of Shep's death, Fort Benton decided that their noble dog deserved better. They raised $100,000 for a larger-than-life Shep statue by "selling" the 40,000 bricks that went into its base at 25 bucks apiece. Bob Scriver, Montana's best-known sculptor, crafted Shep in heroic bronze. Shep is thus the most honored of all noble dogs, though certain folks grumble that he actually spent most of his time running around eating chickens.

Old Shep (http://www.roadsideamerica.com/pet/shep.html)

Argranade
02-27-2007, 01:39 PM

No I ment for the cartoon Dog lol,

Of course a Dog could wait on it's master that long I just men't it would not survive as long as the Dog did in the cartoon.

Stories like this should make people belive animals do have feelings.

animal_rescue
02-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Bobby's owner, John Gray, worked for the Edinburgh Police Department (EPD) as a night watchman until he died of tuberculosis on 15 February 1858. He was buried in Greyfriars Kirkyard, the graveyard surrounding Greyfriars Kirk in the Old Town of Edinburgh. Bobby, who survived with John for 14 years, is said to have spent the rest of his life sitting on his master's grave. A more realistic account has it that he spent a great deal of time at Gray's grave, but that he left regularly for meals at a restaurant beside the graveyard, and may have spent colder winters in nearby houses.

In 1867, when it was pointed out that an unowned dog should be put down, the Lord Provost of Edinburgh, Sir William Chambers (who was also a director of the Scottish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals), paid for a renewal of Bobby's licence, making him the responsibility of the city council.

Bobby passed away in 1872 and could not be buried within the cemetery itself, since it was consecrated ground, instead he was buried just inside the gate of Greyfriars Kirkyard, not far from John Gray's grave. His headstone states, "Greyfriars Bobby - died 14th January 1872 - aged 16 years - Let his loyalty and devotion be a lesson to us all".

cocker_luva
02-28-2007, 01:14 AM
im a huge fan i watch it every night and have seen that one many times, i cry every time, even when i try to mute it, i still cry like a little baby!

Husky15
02-28-2007, 08:25 AM
I remember watching this episode one night. I cried ... a lot LOL! There's only three Futurama episodes that choke me up, and that is this one, The Sting, and the Luck of the Fryish.