PDA

View Full Version : Softness for homeless animals

stinkysmom
02-25-2007, 03:34 AM
anytime I have old towels or blankets (like the practically new ones we had when my father-in-law died and we had to sell his motor home) I take them to the local shelter. They really appreciate them and will give you a charitable contribution receipt if you need one, And just think of the comfort they bring to the animals

Laura's Babies
02-25-2007, 06:58 AM
That is a great thing to do and a lot of people do it. Old blankets for the dogs to lay on. anything to bring them comfort in strange surroundings.

Rachel
02-25-2007, 08:10 AM
I see towels and blankets on the list for *needed items* at one of our animal shelters. When we no longer use our towels they become *dog towels*. Right now our linen closet has more *dog towels* than anything else. Looks like I need to share some with the shelter.

Freedom
02-25-2007, 08:20 AM
Yup, most shelters always are looking for blankets, towels, afghans, and stuffed animals. When we donated all those for Dad's birthday last October, I was told you don't even have to remove the eyes, they don't need to be "baby proof!" I have even seen old sofa cushions in some of the kennels for the dogs to be off the concrete floor.

catmandu
02-25-2007, 12:59 PM
I just gave a bunch of things to the Animal Welfare with the Found Paradise Hotel Cats blessing.