PDA

View Full Version : Support forums?

BC_MoM
02-23-2007, 10:58 PM
Does anyone know any support forums out there for people going to have cosmetic surgery, or major surgeries? I'm going for one (NOT for looks - there's a legit reason for it) in May, and would like somewhere I could talk about it and ask questions.

I've tried searching Google, but only dead forums are showing up, and I would like to find an active one.

Catty1
02-23-2007, 11:09 PM
Have you tried Yahoo Groups?

http://groups.yahoo.com

You can type in what you are looking for, and there is help for you to narrow down your choices.

Hopefully you can get a moderated board...I think you can browse without joining, but I am not sure.

Good luck!

jackie
02-24-2007, 02:03 AM
Most of the cosmetic boards I have seen are full of self-hatred and trolls lurking around, and I haven't come across one for other operations.

Try Catty's suggestion.

smokey the elder
02-24-2007, 08:29 AM
Maybe you should ask your doctor? I would suggest asking his patients but HIPAA may get in the way. Cancer survivors or burn victims often need cosmetic surgery; maybe you can try that angle rather than the straight dermatology links.

borzoimom
02-24-2007, 08:30 AM
Does anyone know any support forums out there for people going to have cosmetic surgery, or major surgeries? I'm going for one (NOT for looks - there's a legit reason for it) in May, and would like somewhere I could talk about it and ask questions.

I've tried searching Google, but only dead forums are showing up, and I would like to find an active one.
I have been trying to find a good one that a friend of mine used. She was in a car accident and had to have surgery. I emailed her last night to ask her the link, and hopefully she will remember what it was..