PDA

View Full Version : Pregnancy Signs/early Ultra Scans

michellej
02-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Hi after searching the forum looking for pregnancy post, Thought I would put my thoughts and ask others for their thoughts on this(as I know hundreds will have experienced this)

HAVE YOU HAD A ULTRA SCAN TO CONFIRM PREGNANCY AND BEEN GIVEN A NEGETIVE RESULT ??????only to return 2 weeks later and get a very welcomed POSITIVE,...

I have read lots of articles on this subject (as I also have experienced the negetive result and no welcomed positive on my return) that was 7 months back and waited to recieve the same negetive results on my return last week after another mating....

I believe the scan was preformed to early ,..and 5-ish days should be removed from the time scale to allow the eggs to release and mature from flagging/standing heat...

I am convinced that my bitch is bearing a litter and have palptated her and are sure she is bearing,..I will be off to have the re-test on the 27th .
fingers crossed.
She is still treated as if she is carrying ,..
well everyones thoughts on this are more than welcome ....gives others a hope when recieving the dreded news,...
I have recorded 2 season (including mating days ,pre-mate days,scan days,)will be compiling a note on this after tuesday...

If we can compare notes for others to study and view maybe we can rule out the thought that our pre-mate results are not coming back true and a lot are missing this way,...we relay on our vets to tell us the best time to mate as he can read the hormones within the bitch as standing heat/flagging is not 100% proof...if this result is false then any future scans will give a negetive...with a bit of luck if the stud dog is young and healthy with a high sperm count you might be lucky to get a positive on your re-scan,...

I will be giving my thoughts on this after tuesday as I think I see a patern to this ....will listen to others thoughts on this before compiling my findings from experience on this..

borzoimom
02-24-2007, 08:15 AM
I do not do a scan on my bitches. The reason is that it takes longer and I believe more a stress on the bitch. I do have the bitches palpated, and if I believe there may only be a few pups or way too many- I have a x ray done. Even then, I have only x-rayed two bitches out of the ones I have breed. One female was showing only a few signs of pregnancy, and my vet and I were both concerned she may only have a few which could be a risk of having pups too big to pass- ie needing a possible C section. ( she uh was hiding them very well.. lol..).

applesmom
02-24-2007, 10:37 AM
I don't quite understand the question. :(

Are you suggesting that you're timing the breeding based on erroneous information from your vet; or that the ultra sounds are not being read properly?

wolfsoul
02-24-2007, 11:20 PM
Ultrasounds are not accurate -- a negative may be a positive, and a positive may be a negative.