PDA

View Full Version : Part Bengal???

freckledimple
02-23-2007, 04:16 PM
I've been owned by my big boy Lyle for over three years. Everyone that has seen him has always remarked on how unusual and lovely his markings are. My grandmother has always called him a her because she says,"he's too pretty to be a boy" :D I never thought much about it until today, when I happened to see a picture of a Bengal cat. I did a little research and found out his markings look very similar to the marble pattern. As I mentioned earlier, he is also big; almost 20lbs. So, here's a picture of Lyle. Tell me what you think. Could he be part Bengal?

TopCat3
02-24-2007, 07:24 AM
I've been owned by my big boy Lyle for over three years. Everyone that has seen him has always remarked on how unusual and lovely his markings are. My grandmother has always called him a her because she says,"he's too pretty to be a boy" :D I never thought much about it until today, when I happened to see a picture of a Bengal cat. I did a little research and found out his markings look very similar to the marble pattern. As I mentioned earlier, he is also big; almost 20lbs. So, here's a picture of Lyle. Tell me what you think. Could he be part Bengal?

I don't know enough about the breed but he certainly is beautiful. Why not do a google search on bengal sites and send the pictures to a breeder for comment?

Randi
02-24-2007, 08:22 AM
What a handsome boy Lyle is. :) He could very well have some Bengal in him.

Here's a few links:
http://www.hdw-inc.com/bengalhome3.htm

http://www.hdw-inc.com/ian2.htm

freckledimple
02-27-2007, 12:07 PM
Thank you for the links. I've learned a lot. :)

andrea_34
02-28-2007, 05:01 AM

I think ive found my cats twin in yours :)
Mines got the exact same colouring has yours im just hoping my picture of him will show!
Has im new to this site and now quite sure how to show pictures .S3700034.JPG

sprokett
02-28-2007, 05:48 AM
I think ive found my cats twin in yours :)
Mines got the exact same colouring has yours im just hoping my picture of him will show!
Has im new to this site and now quite sure how to show pictures .S3700034.JPG

OMG hes so gorgeous

freckledimple
02-28-2007, 11:38 AM
Lyle used to be that slender, until he decided to get lazy :D Really though, he's not that overweight; and we're working on it.

Catlady711
02-28-2007, 07:26 PM
It kinda looks like a Brown Classic Tabby with White to me. Reminds me of Cami :)

Here's a site all about cat colors with lots of pictures.

What color is my cat? (http://www.seregiontica.org/Colors/intro.htm)

:)

freckledimple
03-03-2007, 11:02 AM
One of the other reasons I think he might be part Bengal is his size. When I researched Bengals one of the characteristics is their larger than average size. Lyle is only a little overweight at 20 lbs. He is a BIG cat! That added to his color pattern is what made me think part Bengal.

Rupert McPuddles
03-06-2007, 10:00 AM
I used to work a ton with bengals, and I am sorry to say, I really do not think he has any bengal in him. Usually they are spotted and they have very short thick fur, I have never seen a coat like it before. One cool thing is you can actually feel the spots in thier coat. It is hard to describe it, so if you get a chance go to a cat show and check it out! It isa very very soft and incrediably unique plush coat and VERY short. But I do think you have a beautiful example of what is called a classic tabby. They tend to have the bold swirling pattern (like a marble cake). Very pretty tabby. Also, I have never seen a Bengal max 13 Ibs. They average more like 8-10 Ibs in my experience. They are not very big kitties. Some of the big breeds include Main Coon, Ragdoll and Raggamuffin (new to the kitty world). But really, I would say you just have a VERY pretty classic tabby who is also a big kitty by chance. But Bengals also happen to be pretty wild kitties, hard for many to manage. So, maybe you are lucky that he isn't.

freckledimple
03-06-2007, 10:48 AM
Thank you very much Rupert. The info that I have read didn't get into the specifics you mentioned. So, I guess he's not part Bengal; but that's why I asked :D . I'll pass along your compliments to Lyle, even though it'll swell his head bigger than it already is :p Thank you everybody for your help ;)

KitCat
03-06-2007, 01:14 PM
Hey, what's that big ceramic water dish your cat drinks out of!