PDA

View Full Version : This story gave me the willies

lizbud
02-23-2007, 12:28 PM
Story of rats living in NY restaurants.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/11093729/detail.html

Daisy and Delilah
02-23-2007, 04:02 PM
CNN is running the story. I saw it earlier. It looked like the rats were having a field day in the restaurant. They looked pretty brave and in control. :eek:

lizbud
02-23-2007, 04:23 PM
It would freak me out big time if I were trapped overnight in a place
like that. I would expect mice to be at a food place, but rats.... :eek:
and there was so many of them. Ever see the movie Willard?

Daisy and Delilah
02-23-2007, 04:48 PM
I've heard about Willard but I never saw it. This thing in NYC makes me wonder how many other restaurants have the same thing going on after hours and nobody has "discovered" it yet. :eek: It seems like I've heard something about tons of rats living in the sewers, etc. What's to stop them from entering those old buildings any time they feel like it? :eek: Yikes!!

mike001
02-23-2007, 08:07 PM
I have more than the Williies. I have shivers running up and down my spine. Guess eating out won't seem like such a treat anymore....yuck.

areias
02-23-2007, 08:29 PM
Ewww...I betcha all the people that have ate there are contacting their lawyers about now. :) The rats are pretty cute though!

On the beach in Bradenton, they have a little place that you can buy food from-french fries, hot dogs, chicken strips, etc...I'd gone there a number of times during the day. But then I went one time at night...and we were coming off the beach onto the patio outside the building...and there were roaches EVERYWHERE. We were stepping on them, they were crawling on my feet. It was absolutely disgusting. I now bring my own food. If its that bad outside-what does it look like inside?!

jackie
02-24-2007, 01:33 AM
GROSS!

There are so many of them I am wondering if an angry employee let them loose inside?

moosmom
02-24-2007, 04:28 PM
I saw it on the news last night and got a chill up my spine. It seems that the management told the employees not to sweep or mop the floors, as the rats would do it for them.

EEEEEWWW!!! I'll NEVER set foot in another KFC or Taco Bell ever again!!

lizbud
02-24-2007, 04:32 PM
It seems that the management told the employees not to sweep or mop the floors, as the rats would do it for them.

Donna, you're kidding right? :D

CathyBogart
03-01-2007, 01:49 PM
Uuuughh...I love rats, but not near my food please!!